By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Prediction: NSMB's successor will launch this year

I feel pretty confident that there will be a 2d Mario game both on 3DS and Wii U. Nintendo already showed that NSMB Mii demo for Wii U. Plus they seem to be big on 2D platformers right now, having releases DKCR last year and there will be 3 2D Kirby games releasing within a year of each other.

I think Nintendo had just planned on spacing out the sequels to the DS' big hits. This year we got Nintendogs + cats (which more should of been done with) and Mario Kart for the holiday. Next year we already know Animal Crossing is coming and then I expect at least one of Pokemon, Brain Age, or 2D Mario. With the other couple likely coming in 2013.

I just don't see any reason to think Nintendo is going back to ignoring 2D Mario again. If anything I think adding 2D elements to the 3D game shows that Nintendo knows the 2D games are more popular and are trying to increase sales of the 3D games.

Around the Network

I want a new 2d game.

Switch!!!

Anyone else reading the thread title thinking he meant the Wii-version?

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

Meh, there's no pleasing some people, especially where Nintendo's concerned. If they'd release another sidescroller or starhunter Mario, people would call them lazy and say they're tired of the same rehashes all the time, yet when they innovate and try new stuff like this, people still hate on them, saying they want the same old stuff back. -_-'

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Cheebee said:
Meh, there's no pleasing some people, especially where Nintendo's concerned. If they'd release another sidescroller or starhunter Mario, people would call them lazy and say they're tired of the same rehashes all the time, yet when they innovate and try new stuff like this, people still hate on them, saying they want the same old stuff back. -_-'

Actually! To think that Nintendo is once again putting a game on the back burning because there is no instant sequal is funny. New Super Mario Bros Wii was the seguel to the DS game. That game came out 2 years ago. We also saw the Wii U Demo of Super Mario Bros Mii. So another 2D Mario game is coming, and might be within the next 2 years. That then give the 3DS another 2D Mario in about 3 years. Similar to the same time frame on the DS. Yet for some reason now it's too long to wait for it.  I know in this day and age  where Sony's 2nd party companies can produce a new game in a year, and a half. Nintendo besides having to worry about hardware. The still have to  provide software for all of them. 

How about this so we can get a new 2D game Nintendo sends it off to some one else to make it. You want to kill Mario let another company make the game instead of Miyamoto.

Just because someone is saying something different. Doesn't mean their point of view is right!

Member Of The Wii Squad: Warriors of Light!

One of the 4 Yonkou of Youtube aka Wii Warlords. Other Members include ThaBlackBaron, Shokio, and Cardy.