By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Tales of Vesperia console "CONFIRMED"....

Beats me...

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

Around the Network

I'd hardly call that killing the series by releasing on the 360...

Have you any idea what the image of the Xbox 360 is in Japan? I can tell it to you and it’s not good.
None of the Tales of games have reached spectacular numbers lately and those mediocre Tales games like Legendia and Tempest have hurt the image of the series in Japan, and by linking the Tales of series, in this case the main Tales of, to the Xbox 360 (also known as the no-box in Japan) you can really hurt the series image.

I don’t hate the Xbox 360 and I even have one, but this is a really bad move form Namco and the problem is that most of the Xbox 360 owners don’t even care about J-RPGs. The best move from Namco actually would be releasing Tales of Vesperia after the release of Final Fantasy XIII for the PS3, because after this release the PS3 should have a spectacular base of J-RPG gamers (worldwide!).

--OkeyDokey-- said:
MS, in an attempt to broaden its market, is really pissing me off this gen.

360 owners don't want blue dragon and lost odyssey. they don't want tales and eternal sonata. they don't want ace combat and they definately don't want rares games.

you know who does want these games? wii and ps3 owners. KNOW YOUR AUDIENCE!

They do know their audience. That's why they are trying to expand it. Also, getting some good JRPG exlusives may just be what keeps some American 360 users from buying a wii or PS3 for their RPG fix, however small it may be.

Many 360 haters here, stop whining Microsoft bought it fair.

Carazo said:
I'd hardly call that killing the series by releasing on the 360...

Have you any idea what the image of the Xbox 360 is in Japan? I can tell it to you and it’s not good.
None of the Tales of games have reached spectacular numbers lately and those mediocre Tales games like Legendia and Tempest have hurt the image of the series in Japan, and by linking the Tales of series, in this case the main Tales of, to the Xbox 360 (also known as the no-box in Japan) you can really hurt the series image.

I don’t hate the Xbox 360 and I even have one, but this is a really bad move form Namco and the problem is that most of the Xbox 360 owners don’t even care about J-RPGs. The best move from Namco actually would be releasing Tales of Vesperia after the release of Final Fantasy XIII for the PS3, because after this release the PS3 should have a spectacular base of J-RPG gamers (worldwide!).

Ummm...maybe you should click on my profile. I'll save you the trouble "Region:from California, living in Nagoya, Aichi, JP" I've been living in Japan for well over a year (not even including the year I was here as an exchange student).

You can't just make generalizations about users. BD was my first 360 game(well it did come bundled, so... ) and I have ES, too. I'm planning to pick up LO maybe in a month or so, after I've cleared some of my current games.

Maybe that's what Namco is going to do. Release it on the 360 first and then after the time exclusive period ends release it on the PS3, which should be after FF13 is out, right? Works out great for both systems then!

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Around the Network
--OkeyDokey-- said:

360 owners don't want blue dragon and lost odyssey. they don't want tales and eternal sonata. they don't want ace combat and they definately don't want rares games.

Yea i do, so does mr stick and others. I love shooters AND RPGS to death so i chose the 360 to handle the shooters deal, why cant i have both. Maybe if MS would advertise these JRPGS the owners would know about them or actually care. Way to many games for 360 to buy jrpgs you know nothing about.

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
--OkeyDokey-- said:

What is really pissing me off this gen is gamers complaining about several titles coming to 360 instead of PS3. If that many games are hitting the 360 that you want, buy the damned system or stop bitching. I mean if it was one title I could see it, but this repetitive exercise is beyond annoying at this point. I don't care if you like MS or not, if you like the games coming to their console buy it. I haven't cared for Sony since they've gotten into the industry but that didn't stop me from buying a PS2 for my JRPG fix. If the 360 had no RPG's and the PS3 was getting them all, I'd have a PS3. That isn't the case however and I have made my system purchases accordingly. 

sorry for not knowing but why is this game so great

it not who i am but what i do that defines me. you'll never walk alone you'll never walk alone walk on walk on.

Bitmap Frogs said:
Next, SO4. You heard it here first!

If that ever happened and it was exclusive to 360 i would actually buy that POS box.  God i hope it does not happen.

Ummm...maybe you should click on my profile. I'll save you the trouble "Region:from California, living in Nagoya, Aichi, JP" I've been living in Japan for well over a year (not even including the year I was here as an exchange student).
I have two friends who live in Japan, one which I know in person and the other from a forum , and they kinda tell me how the mainstream market is in Japan.

But even if didn’t have friends in Japan, you can clearly see at the sales of the games that it’s an hardcore console in Japan.

Releasing Tales of Vesperia in February 2009(games don’t sell well in January ), two or three months after the supposed release of FF XIII, for the PS3 would definitely be a smart move from Namco.