By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Horrible Mass Effect Review

that is bad... I give it a 9/10.

Around the Network

While 5.4 is pretty harsh, I agree with his points (shown here even) which did take away from how great the game could have been. I actually still question why they released the game and didn't give it more time (er well know the answer I suppose but wish they would have delayed to make it actually good).

Lost tears of Kain said:
No no it shouldnt its doing it for attention

@sqr sorry i got hyped up and read it wrong

Its all good, I don't blame anyone for complaining about it.  This type of stuff happens to games on all of the gaming platforms and it would be pretty hypocritical of me to tell just 360 owners to stop.  Especially when I think any time people disagree with the reviews they should complain, otherwise its way to easy for the reviewers to lose touch with what real gamers want. 

If you think about it a bit, getting to play all those games for free has to have an effect on them, just that probably effects their view of games.  So even if they manage to stay free of the tangled web of pressure from their marketing departments there is always the opportunity for a disconnect.

@rocketpig,

I know you said the sound issue could be solved with good speakers but as someone who has 50% hearing in his right ear sound is sometimes an issue for me (I had nasty scarring on my eardrums when I was little).  So out of that curiosity I was wondering if good speakers fully cures the problem or if there is a chance it could still be an issue?

Also aren't their subtitles?  I would assume so and if there is why the hell didn't he turn those on?  With my hearing I usually do it regardless because more often than not my issue isn't hearing the speach but making out the words.

PS - I'm not deaf or anything near it, I just have a hard time with people who speak softly etc..but otherwise I have zero problems in day to day stuff. 

To Each Man, Responsibility

But ... that still doesn't change the fact of getting attention. He accomplished what he set out to do. He got folks talking about his review. Regardless if it was a steaming pile or not, his site got a bump and the traffic to be listed on metacritic. However, by going this route, no one will ever take him seriously. I would rather work harder and get noticed than to do it this way.

I have played the game twice and have some issues with it, and it's not perfect, but so what. That jackass makes playing ME in the same league as playing dodge ball with a firing squad.

Regardless, he has folks talking about his *review* and he's just happy with it.

Well, I found out why the score was so low. Apparently, Netjak's scoring system uses a different scale than what most people are used to. While we would consider a 5.4 to be a bad/mediocre score, Netjak considers it an "average" score. The reviewer told me himself, the 5.4 equates to approximately 8.2 in IGN's scale. While this isn't that bad, it means that sites like Gamerankings and Metacritic shouldn't use the raw score, but scale it appropriately.

I'm a filmmaker, writer, and gamer. Add me on Xbox Live or message me!

XBL Gamertag: StraitupBeastin

Around the Network

Wow this is a pathetic site and shouldn't even be on gamerankings.

Lol under gamecube it shows wii games.. how can this site be taken seriously?

After watching it for 30 minutes I agree with the review.