By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - When will wi stop selling out?

Basically, early 2009. Maybe.

Yes, it will have some units here and there in the late spring and summer, but not that many. Why? Because of a little thing many like to call 'stockpiling'. They were unable to squirrel away that many for the 2007 holidays, and it bit them. Summer 2008 will be a time to store away some for winter 2008, or at least start a build up for the 2008 holidays.

But I say maybe. Because like Wii Fit for 2008, something could come along in spring of 2009 to grab even more Wii away from the stores.

Torturing the numbers.  Hear them scream.

Around the Network
super_etecoon said:
Duke Of Darkness said:
When people see consoles as Gods I will say humanity has failed.
We've commited mass genocide, been convicted of rapes, mutilations, necrophilia, adultery, and reality television....and you are waiting for that moment to declare humanity's failure?

lol super_etecoon wins the thread for the best line....

The only teeth strong enough to eat other teeth.

you spelled Wii wrong way to go and 2011 or NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honestly, I think the Wii should have stopped selling out in August or September and then resumed selling out for the holidays but given Nintendo's overly conservative nature, it's hard to say when it will stop selling out.

My vote goes for July of 2008 when Nintendo pulls its head out of its ass and starts producing both the DS and the Wii in the numbers wanted by the public. They'll reach saturation for a few months and then sell out like crazy again during holiday 08.

Repeat ad nauseum until end of life from there...

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

The 1st quater of 09.

Around the Network
Duke Of Darkness said:
When people see consoles as Gods I will say humanity has failed.

Better than thinking God lives on some cloud with winged dudes and you have to kill in his name, that is real proof of humanity's failure 

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)