By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - shigeru miyamoto wii u not really powerful.

HappySqurriel said:
Lostplanet22 said:
HappySqurriel said:
Just as a note, I find it odd that the same people who were saying before E3 "HD console graphics are fine, and there is no reason for an upgrade for many years" are now say that the Wii U is garbage because it is suggested that it will have similar performance ...

With that said, I would like to see someone like John Carmack talk about the Wii U's capabilities because what one person means by "not more powerful" might not be what I mean by "not more powerful". It could be argued that the XBox and Wii were not significantly more powerful than the Dreamcast because the output resolutions, graphical techniques used, and overall results are similar.

Because those many years will change to a few years when the Wii U is released and on the same note you could also find people in 2009 who were tired of these HD generation and want to move on...

Anyway those Tech demo's don't really proof that Wii U is way more powerfull, Nintendo knows how to max an console for an example look to Super Mario Galaxy (1 and 2) how many Wii games are their that look better while SMG is now (almost) 4 years old? Let Miyamoto work on a Mario game on PS3 and he probably would create one if not the best graphics game we saw this HD generation..

I don't think we're talking about the same thing ...

Everytime the rumours about the Wii U have changed you can see the opinions of some people flip-flop between "The Wii U being more powerful is meaningless because the HD consoles are good enough anyways" and "The Wii U is garbage because it is not dramatically more powerful than the HD consoles"

let me add a bit to those statements

other statements that keep changing

when gfx on par rumors come up : who cares we don't care about gfx bla bla bla only graphic whores care etc

when gfx capabilities are higher than ps360 or when demos are shown: omfg the grafix!

it's a two way street :)

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network
selnor said:
darthdevidem01 said:
shigeru miyamoto wii u not really powerful.

INB 4 This is a misleading thread title posts

.....he said it won't be more powerful than PS360....he didn't say its not really powerful in words

Of course the not being much more powerful than PS360 could be paraphrased to mean WIi U is not really powerful as PS360 is 5 years old tech now, but da haterzz will pick on you!

Well vgc wasn't like that in 2007. If they do that, then the site is gone from bdonv the best to one of the worst.

The title is fine

We are talking next gen. Not matching this Gen.

Still...misleading.

The Wii U is basically as powerful as we expected it to be, the thread title is telling us otherwise.

Maybe Miyamoto is being modest about what their hardware? Or he has been given strict orders from Iwata not to reveal anything about it's specs and he has gone too far?

Anyway all this speculation will only end when we know the final specs, so the day after it is released and someone opens it and posts the pictures for us.

AbbathTheGrim said:
If this is the case, then I am afraid Patcher was right... scary.

That's one of the warnings that the Apocalypse is comming.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

HappySqurriel said:

Everytime the rumours about the Wii U have changed you can see the opinions of some people flip-flop between "The Wii U being more powerful is meaningless because the HD consoles are good enough anyways" and "The Wii U is garbage because it is not dramatically more powerful than the HD consoles"

You must be new to vgc, but let me explain to you "our" train of thoughts.

720P graphics on PS3 is awesome.

720P grahpics on Xbox360 is meh.

720P graphics on WiiU is garbage.

Okay, now that you're up to speed, continue discussion.

Galaki said:
HappySqurriel said:

720P graphics on PS3 is awesome. ( in 2006 )

720P grahpics on Xbox360 is meh. ( 2005 )

720P graphics on WiiU is garbage. ( years later in 2012 )

fixed i added some context... i personally don't understand how some people expect people who've owned HD consoles to be impressed with a visual showing that is just on par or slightly ( from what we've seen ) better than what they've been seeing on the consoles they already own.

the only thing that nintendo has shown so far to truly differentiate the wii u is of course the tablet controller and while some of the capabilities they've shown are interesting ( like accessing an inventory from the tablet ) the overall presentation was lacking... then theres also the fact that the wii u as a games platform unlike the wii isn't completely unique :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpQ7GamEfnI

so far people are imo justified in being skeptical

Around the Network
o_O.Q said:
Galaki said:
HappySqurriel said:

fixed i added some context... i personally don't understand how some people expect people who've owned HD consoles to be impressed with a visual showing that is just on par or slightly ( from what we've seen ) better than what they've been seeing on the consoles they already own.

the only thing that nintendo has shown so far to truly differentiate the wii u is of course the tablet controller and while some of the capabilities they've shown are interesting ( like accessing an inventory from the tablet ) the overall presentation was lacking... then theres also the fact that the wii u as a games platform unlike the wii isn't completely unique :

Are you telling me PS3 will be garbage in 2012? How dare you! I demand you apologize to all the Sony fans here.

o_O.Q said:
Galaki said:
HappySqurriel said:

lets get something straight here, how much does an ipad2 cost? how much does apple air tv cost? how good does that real racing 2 look to you? how do I use wifi on the ipad2 when it's playing that thing? coocoo for coco puffs yo.

Well considering developers are calling it 50% more powerful then the PS3, I can see why Miyamoto would say its not much more powerful. Hopefully the choice to go with less power under the hood translates into a cheaper retail price. Though Iwata already said WiiU won't be cheap yet he also said it would be competitively priced. So does that mean a 299$ price tag hopefully.

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

dahuman said:
o_O.Q said:
Galaki said:
HappySqurriel said:

lets get something straight here, how much does an ipad2 cost? how much does apple air tv cost? how good does that real racing 2 look to you? how do I use wifi on the ipad2 when it's playing that thing? coocoo for coco puffs yo.

yes even though the price hasn't been announced for wii u we can be fairly certain that the ipad, air tv etc will be a more costly solution... that is if you hadn't already owned an ipad... but the point i was going for is that the wii at that period in time was completely unique but the wii u to the average consumer is going to seem very similar to tablets already on the market especially since they are getting streaming features now then theres the added advantage of being able to carry tablets anywhere with you

Galaki said:
o_O.Q said:
Galaki said:
HappySqurriel said:

Are you telling me PS3 will be garbage in 2012? How dare you! I demand you apologize to all the Sony fans here.

first off im not sure that i've seen anyone who has called the wii u "garbage", secondly yes im saying that in 2012 720p graphics and maybe even 1080p graphics on consoles is not impressive as the 360 and ps3 had that for years... btw my emphasis goes here "is not impressive" saying that does not mean that a platform is crap or "garbage"... obviously back in 05 and 06 when HD was a new thing to console gamers the ps3 and 360 were impressive for their visuals and the wii for its motion controls but its years later now and for a brand spanking new console to just reach this level or slightly go past it is not impressive