By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 30 - Mayhem At 3ever's Abandoned Carnival

Linkzmax said:

I scanned innocent until recruited, but still not a townie. That being said, there's zero chance hat thought that unless he KNEW that. It was lucky, but horrible play.

If nobody else is willing, I do have a very small(5 player, but not Dethy) game that I know to start off balanced. I could expand it to 8-9 players pretty easily, but I have no idea what it would do to said balance. The twist of the game is it's open, as in the setup is known to all; however, nobody is told their individual role. Oh and I'll keep it flavorless. It becomes a logic puzzle of sorts and I'm curious as to what kind of strategies players would come up with. If enough of you are interested in the idea, someone get a sign up sheet going and I'll take over from there.

If nobody knows what their role is, how do powers work?  Are there none?  Do we all just lynch each other until you say "oops, no scum left" or "oops, two players left and one is scum"? 

I like the idea of an open game, though:  "In this town there are 3 mafia and 1 cop, go to it".  That's how they play IRL where I see werewolf played.  (Werewolf = Mafia, but they have a different idea of what powers are "basic".)

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network
Final-Fan said:

If nobody knows what their role is, how do powers work?  Are there none?  Do we all just lynch each other until you say "oops, no scum left" or "oops, two players left and one is scum"?  

The 5-player game consists of one mafia VS one town doctor, one town roleblocker, one town vigilante, and one vanilla townie. Everyone PMs their night actions,(can't self-target, but no action is allowed) and the result is where the logic puzzle comes into play. The game would have a day start, though a night start with no actual kills(only "would be dead(s)") night 0 is an idea as well.

Linkzmax said:
Final-Fan said:

The 5-player game consists of one mafia VS one town doctor, one town roleblocker, one town vigilante, and one vanilla townie. Everyone PMs their night actions,(can't self-target, but no action is allowed) and the result is where the logic puzzle comes into play. The game would have a day start, though a night start with no actual kills(only "would be dead(s)") night 0 is an idea as well.

sounds good

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Interesting. So is the player who is mafia (but doesn't know it) also trying to identify himself and let the town win? Or does he win when everyone else loses? (I'm already on board, but curious.)

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

isn't the goal to find first so you can mislead the others if it's you? :p

sounds a lot more fun in person than on forum though :p (harder to twist minds with hours to ponder).

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Around the Network
Final-Fan said:
Interesting. So is the player who is mafia (but doesn't know it) also trying to identify himself and let the town win? Or does he win when everyone else loses? (I'm already on board, but curious.)

Mafia wins when it is only him and any townie.(regardless of power) He's trying to identify himself and then blend into town. I can't inform the mafia who he is, because then all townies would know they are definitely town since they didn't receive a PM.

It certainly would be more fun in person, or at least in a chat where people have less time to think things over. It also works better that way because it's a small-sized game and could be over quite quickly given active players. If the proposed strategy is for everyone to reveal their targets,(and I imagine it would be) I would suggest working out a time where everyone could claim such within a small window. If due to timezones that isn't easily accomplished, I could serve as a medium through which everyone reports(by way of PM) who they want to claim they targeted, and I will reveal all at the same time.

Sign-ups for Round 31: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=131947
I already put you two(FF and Heph) down. I'll send PMs tomorrow or Saturday if it goes slow.