By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Famitsu's Most Wanted - dominated by Square Enix

windbane said:
shams said:

Interesting... this is the "most wanted" chart I have been following for years:

http://the-magicbox.com/topten3.htm

Notice how the DS has the most wanted game ;)

1 Dragon Quest IX Square Enix NDS
2 Final Fantasy XIII Square Enix PS3
3 Biohazard 5 Capcom PS3
4 Persona 3 Fes Atlus PS2
5 Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Konami PS3

I have also noticed there isn't really any correlation between positions in the "most wanted", and sales. New Super Mario never got very high on the charts, I think Blue Dragon was #1 for a week or two... Pokemon was nowhere near #1, etc.

Does it really make sense that "Devil May Cry 4" is at #20, where Persona 3 is at #4?

Actually, the NDS/Wii having 7/20 spots is pretty good - Nintendo games rarely show up here at all.

Yeah, dragon quest and final fantasy won't sell at all. Do I need to point out that 4 of those are on a playstation? Also, it seems lack xbox...

I was gonna say Wii...

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Around the Network
Kwaad said:
windbane said:
shams said:

3 Biohazard 5 Capcom PS3

I have also noticed there isn't really any correlation between positions in the "most wanted", and sales. New Super Mario never got very high on the charts, I think Blue Dragon was #1 for a week or two... Pokemon was nowhere near #1, etc.

Does it really make sense that "Devil May Cry 4" is at #20, where Persona 3 is at #4?

Actually, the NDS/Wii having 7/20 spots is pretty good - Nintendo games rarely show up here at all.

Yeah, dragon quest and final fantasy won't sell at all. Do I need to point out that 4 of those are on a playstation? Also, it seems lack xbox...

I was gonna say Wii...

Oh yeah, you're right.  That too.  Heh.

windbane said:
Kwaad said:
windbane said:
shams said:

3 Biohazard 5 Capcom PS3

I was gonna say Wii...

Oh yeah, you're right. That too. Heh.

Want to make a bet? Wii Sports will outsell both Resident Evil 5 (easily) and MGS4 (easily). And guess what - it never appeared in the most wanted charts ;). In fact, I think Wii Play will outsell them as well.

That leaves Final Fantasy - which seems to be the last bastion of the PS3 at the moment. Better pray it stays exclusive, and that SquareEnix don't bring any more FF to the Wii ;)

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

windbane said:
shams said:

1Dragon Quest IXSquare EnixNDS
2Final Fantasy XIIISquare EnixPS3
3Biohazard 5CapcomPS3
4Persona 3 FesAtlusPS2
5Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the PatriotsKonamiPS3

Yeah, dragon quest and final fantasy won't sell at all.  Do I need to point out that 4 of those are on a playstation?  Also, it seems lack xbox...

Gundam Musou was number 1 also, but it doesn't necessarily mean it's gonna be a smash hit. 

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

shams said:
windbane said:
Kwaad said:
windbane said:
shams said:

3 Biohazard 5 Capcom PS3

I was gonna say Wii...

Oh yeah, you're right. That too. Heh.

Want to make a bet? Wii Sports will outsell both Resident Evil 5 (easily) and MGS4 (easily). And guess what - it never appeared in the most wanted charts ;). In fact, I think Wii Play will outsell them as well.

That leaves Final Fantasy - which seems to be the last bastion of the PS3 at the moment. Better pray it stays exclusive, and that SquareEnix don't bring any more FF to the Wii ;)

Heh, yeah yeah. But some of those games will sell really well. I hope FF13 stays exclusive but if the Wii gets a FF (and it won't be 13, I'm just hoping xbox doesn't get it because PS3 needs help in US) I'll just play it there. I'd rather it stay on the PS3, though. I would rather DQ9 be on the Wii as well, but whatever.

Around the Network

The most possible exclusive loss of any kind I see happening is FF13 to ds. Not really an exclusive because it would probably be another spin-off, but it makes the most sense.

johnsobas said:

Gundam Musou was number 1 also, but it doesn't necessarily mean it's gonna be a smash hit.

Yeah, it's also the #1 PS3 game in Japan. It's also more than any Xbox game ever (I know, not saying a lot), since Dead or Alive 3 sold 235k and Gundam has sold 258k. Blue Dragon is at 138k and leads all 360 games.

Compared to the Wii, only 4 games have sold more than 258k so far: Wii Sports, Wii play (came with controller), Zelda (seemingly low 459k compared to where I'd thought it'd be), and Warioware. I'm sure others will pass it soon, but still, that's not too bad.

diamuerto said:
The most possible exclusive loss of any kind I see happening is FF13 to ds. Not really an exclusive because it would probably be another spin-off, but it makes the most sense.

There's already a FF spinoff planned for the Wii isn't there?  Anyway, FF13 won't be on any other system unless it goes to the 360.  That would be interesting, and possibly devasting to Sony in the US.  I think many Japanese gamers would buy a PS3 instead to play it but I could be wrong.

Anyway, what makes the most sense is releasing a new FF for the Wii if any FF game goes to a non-Sony system.  I think, because of the styles of the games, that DQ should be on the Wii and FF should be on the PS3.  Also, I don't think an ordered DQ game should be on the DS as it is, just like I wouldn't want to see a full FF game on the PSP.  Oh well. 

@windbane

By most sense I mean square is realeasing their biggest games for the best selling console.  FF12 is getting a spin-off game to ds because ds is so popular. I'm saying it would make the most sense to put FF13 on ds because ds will still be very popular especially after everyone in Japan buys the FF12 spinoff for the ds.

Edit: When I say FF13 on ds, I mean a spin-off like FF12 reverant wings for ds.

Edit2: Windbane, I think that spinoff game your referring to is actually the one for ds not wii.

Three things.

1. How much does Wii Sports cost in Japan.
2. Dont count Wii Sports in america. (packaged with console)
3. Wii Play this is a 10$ game. I dont think it should be counted as a game, as it makes no sense to buy a 2nd Wiimote without getting Wii Play.

Basically what I am saying is. Wii Sports, and Wii Play shouldnt be compared to a 50-60$ game. Compare Wario Ware, and Zelda. 

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!