By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Famitsu's Most Wanted - dominated by Square Enix

Is there anybody that knows how brain training and those games ever were placed on the top 20?

Any way nice to see that DQ: Swords at least is in the top 10.

Otherwise it seems that PS3 might have some hits coming up, sadly they seems to arrive a little bit late.

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

Around the Network

Kwaad said:

Three things.

1. How much does Wii Sports cost in Japan.
2. Dont count Wii Sports in america. (packaged with console)
3. Wii Play this is a 10$ game. I dont think it should be counted as a game, as it makes no sense to buy a 2nd Wiimote without getting Wii Play.

Basically what I am saying is. Wii Sports, and Wii Play shouldnt be compared to a 50-60$ game. Compare Wario Ware, and Zelda. 

1. I think 30 USD?
  2. Don't forgett about EU same thing.
  3. Agree.

I don't think we should compare any game on how much it sell/profit but how many consol it sells for the moment. I do think that both FF and MGS will sell well, probarbly not as well as Wii Sport, but honeslty I belive that game might have Brain Training legs (aka insane)

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

Kwaad said:

Three things.

3. Wii Play this is a 10$ game. I dont think it should be counted as a game, as it makes no sense to buy a 2nd Wiimote without getting Wii Play.

Basically what I am saying is. Wii Sports, and Wii Play shouldnt be compared to a 50-60$ game. Compare Wario Ware, and Zelda.

1.  "Wii Sports title -- this will be available for 4800 yen ($40)." - IGN

2. We aren't counting anything in America. It's Famitsu's most wanted. That's Japan

3. Of course they both count. They're both retail games. Lots of games release with peripherals or for different prices. That's just how things go.

Basically what I am saying is. They're games, they've sold well. Good for them. 

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

DoesWhatNintenDont said:
Kytiara said:
You know, Hus was actually being civil for once, you shouldn't get him started.

No harm ment. It just seemed like too easy of a rib to let go. I'm sure Hus understands.

Don't take me serious, I was pokin fun at you both as it was =)

Around the Network
stof said:
Kwaad said:

Three things.

1. "Wii Sports title -- this will be available for 4800 yen ($40)." - IGN

2. We aren't counting anything in America. It's Famitsu's most wanted. That's Japan

3. Of course they both count. They're both retail games. Lots of games release with peripherals or for different prices. That's just how things go.

Basically what I am saying is. They're games, they've sold well. Good for them.

Someone said that Wii sports and Wii play each will likely out-sell FF13.
And Like I say tho, I have trouble giveing credit to Wii Play becuase it's a 10$ game. Maybe if you count 3 Wii play's for every 1 FF13.

I think PS3 will take off here in the next few months worldwide. However as more and more delays show up, that is pushing my dates back further and further. (damn delays) 

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

the only FF i know of going to the Wii is problabl Crystal Cronicals 2. I wonder if they gunna still push for connectivity like they did the first one.

seems like nintendo abandoned connectivity after a few decent tries. Seems like sony has taken connectivity as an open possibility with the PSP easily connecting to the ps3 even without it having any games that support that. then again does anyone no if F1 on the ps3 have the psp connectivity we all saw awhile back where the psp is used like a rare view mirror? 

diamuerto said:

@windbane

By most sense I mean square is realeasing their biggest games for the best selling console. FF12 is getting a spin-off game to ds because ds is so popular. I'm saying it would make the most sense to put FF13 on ds because ds will still be very popular especially after everyone in Japan buys the FF12 spinoff for the ds.

Edit: When I say FF13 on ds, I mean a spin-off like FF12 reverant wings for ds.

Edit2: Windbane, I think that spinoff game your referring to is actually the one for ds not wii.

Ah, so there is still no FF game announced for the Wii I believe.  It'll be interesting what Square-Enix does the rest of this generation.

Square Enix are starting to run out of numbers for the FF series :) This is why they are pushing FFXIII as a "series", with a large number of games coming for it - probably to every platform. This includes the 360, the Wii & the PSP (and definitely the DS).

FFXIII will debut on the PS3, and will probably be ported to the 360 (should be easy to do). And if they do decide to use Unreal Engine for future titles, expect to see more games coming for the 360/PS3.

SQEN are sick of being stuffed around. They are one of the most powerful developers in the world (I rank them third behind Ninty & EA). They will do whatever they need to, to maximise profit... as they should.

The Wii is getting Crystal Chronicles II, Dragon Quest Swords at the least. I'll probably get both (I think DQS could well rock - its a perfect "casual" Wii title).

Also going to see much more connectivity from all platforms (esp. the DS/Wii in Japan), as extra cables are no longer needed - and the chance of driving sales of "both" titles is better (although Pokemon Wii didn't do that well - but then I don't think it deserved to).

I *dont* think the PS3 will take off worldwide... anytime soon. Sales will definitely improve around September, but for Japan especially - which seems close to being Nintendo obsessed - its a tough market for Sony. What big PS3 titles are hitting Japan this year again? No MGS? No FF13? No RE5?

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099