By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - New 360 to be announced at E3 2012 with Timesplitters 4 - Crytek

Lyrikalstylez said:

Plus if the new console comes out in 2012, I believe Halo4 will be releasing out on it......
I mean why would Ms put its heavy hitter on a dying console?

Exactly.

Plus when they announced it they said it was part of a new trilogy. All the showed from Halo 4 was a cut scene with the words "Holiday 2012".

If it is a new trilogy why start it with one on the old format? If your new one is then released in 2013 it will cut the sales of the game bigtime as people upgrade to the new generation.

I am calling it now Halo 4 will be a launch title for the new console. From a selling point of view it makes a huge amount of sense. It will gurantee you a lot of console sales due to the fanbase of the game.

If they don't do that then i would be surprised because why release it on a console that in a matter of months you will be replacing?

Around the Network
endimion said:
halo 4 is confirmed on 360.....

And?

Must be true, announced in 2012 and launched in 2013. thats 2 years from now folks enough time to reach the ceiling of the current HD twins.

endimion said:
halo 4 is confirmed on 360.....

Well, they can't say it's going to another console that they still haven't announced. And for ME3, it has nothing to do. It's developed by EA for 3 platfroms and is expected to launch in March, way before E3 2012.

While I don't know if we can believe the Timesplitters part, the lack of any new games, the fact that two games that appeared first on the xbox360 are going to close their trilogy (Gears and Mass Effect) and Nintendo revealing the WiiU, I find it quite probable that Microsoft has ramped up the launch of the next xbox.

E3 announcement? Yes, quite probable.

Launch in Novembre 2012? Likely.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

I expect both HD consoles to be announced next E3. The sale peak for both systems is probably at the climax now.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
New machine very likely but halo 4 launch title is very unlikely.

Why hamper their biggest franchise with such a small user base?

Halo 4 sill be one hell of a swan song for a console with approx 65m potential buyers, then halo 5 hits to keep that audience about a year after next box launches.

It's perfect.

2011 - Forza 4
2012 - Halo 4
2013 - 720 launch, Forza 5 (typical 2 year forza dev time)
2015  Halo 5.

2004 - Halo 2
2005 - 360 launch
2007 - Halo 3

radiantshadow92 said:
elticker said:
about time i lost interest in this generation for about half year with me rarely gaming or not at all from jan to june. alan wake and battlefield BC2 is the only stuff that is keeping me alive till fall. this fall is going to be pretty sweet

Really? Im fine playing infamous 2 and all mad psn games. Plus all the games coming out later this year xD, better savce 500$ lol

OT: That sounds about right. But timesplitters? eh, im thinking they need to announce a plethera of new ip

well i never considered buying a ps3 until start of 2010 when i played uncharted 1 at my cousins house since i didn't like killzone 2 that he had. uncharted was pretty good and i have considered buying it for that and heavy rain but after trying heavy rain demo i was glad that we got alan wake instead. I am trying to convine my self for uncharted 2 and 3 however i have to wait till ps3 price is atleast 199 since i am not shelling out 299 for 2 games. and for next generation i could buy it if it comes out tomorow :P even though i wouldn't cause i currently have exams.

It's already been confirmed that Halo 4 is coming out on 360 in 2012, likely sometime in September, so unless M$ pulls a Nintendo and shifts the game to their upcoming platform (which I doubt), it's not coming to the new system.

While they may indeed announce a new system at next year's E3, that's no guarantee that it'll launch that same fall... they might just announce it simply to steal some of Nintendo's thunder from the upcoming Wii U launch and put some pressure on Sony, who presumably are still sticking with their 10 year plan for PS3, and probably wouldn't show off a new console until E3 2013 at the earliest. And while I am excited about the possibility of TS4 coming in the near future, it was never that big of a franchise and certainly not a system seller the way a new Halo or Gears title would be on the next Xbox (unless Crytek does something REALLY special with the franchise).

Personally I'm quite happy with the current generation of systems right now and would like for M$ and Sony to extend their lives with great software and support as long as possible before they each release new consoles and make us spend another $400-$500. I honestly don't expect the Wii U to be a threat in the "core" market, because so far nothing shown makes this thing look like its leaps and bounds ahead of 360/PS3 in terms of power and performance, and if all it gets from 3rd parties is quick and dirty ports of existing franchises with no exclusives or new IPs then I don't see the core market jumping ship from 360 or PS3.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

elticker said:
radiantshadow92 said:
elticker said:
about time i lost interest in this generation for about half year with me rarely gaming or not at all from jan to june. alan wake and battlefield BC2 is the only stuff that is keeping me alive till fall. this fall is going to be pretty sweet

Really? Im fine playing infamous 2 and all mad psn games. Plus all the games coming out later this year xD, better savce 500$ lol

OT: That sounds about right. But timesplitters? eh, im thinking they need to announce a plethera of new ip

well i never considered buying a ps3 until start of 2010 when i played uncharted 1 at my cousins house since i didn't like killzone 2 that he had. uncharted was pretty good and i have considered buying it for that and heavy rain but after trying heavy rain demo i was glad that we got alan wake instead. I am trying to convine my self for uncharted 2 and 3 however i have to wait till ps3 price is atleast 199 since i am not shelling out 299 for 2 games. and for next generation i could buy it if it comes out tomorow :P even though i wouldn't cause i currently have exams.

Im thinking you shoould into the cataloug of games just a bit more. 

POOOP...

On a more serious note I doubt they'll unveil a new console as kinect still needs time to thrive, or maybe the new console will have built in kinect! =O