By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ubisoft says Wii U is “Not really.” next-gen

that zelda game would be enough for me and the possibilities of the screen controller is pretty good for lots of games like rpgs,strategy games and huge for the party crowd,just depends how expensive things are

mario and friends in hd glory should be enough to carry nintendo through

Above & Beyond

Around the Network
o_O.Q said:
Rpruett said:
It's the fact that Nintendo (while constantly making profits over and over) , neglects a portion of their potential userbase by dumb founding decisions in relation to power, multi-media functions, online integration. And it's somewhat baffling.

The Wii would have mopped the floor with MS and Sony in PS2 style and made even more ridiculous profits if it had a quality online environment, multi-media environment and compatible power with the PS3/360.

Wii U seems like more of the same and I think it's the wrong strategy at the wrong time for this upcoming generation. Wii was a perfect storm of intrigue, disappointment (In past Gen leader, Sony), lack of trust in (MS) and lastly a very competitive price in an insanely high priced market.

That 'different' crowd that Nintendo has picked up this generation we are somewhat unsure of their long term buying patterns, their adoption of new hardware, more costs into their gaming. I feel like it misses the mark of that crowd and it does the typical Nintendo move of missing that PS3/360 core crowd as well.

but i think you miss the point right there if the wii had all of those things from the get go obviously it would have been priced comparatively to the other consoles ( or maybe higher )  and i'm quite sure that had that been the case it wouldn't have been as successful as it is or maybe even less successful than the other two

I'm not saying the Wii needed to incorporate Blu-Ray and sell at a 300$ loss from day one.  What I am saying is that Nintendo needs to make their consoles in the SAME generation as their competitors and stop with these consoles that are essentially 1.5, intermediary transitionary consoles.

Nintendo fail behind way to much to catch up, they will behind for at least another Generation as the big boys will come out with current tech while Nintendo is using old technology.
It won't matter much as games are looking better each day.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

All the videos are shown in 30fps. Even if you have the game running at 10000 fps, it will still be 30fps when you watch it after it recorded for your viewing pleasure.
It's kind of retarded to claim the game running at 30fps without original source (Nintendo).

In all honesty, I believe Zelda HD or Zelda Wii U is just the tip of the iceberg.

NINTENDO

nintendo forever . . .

Around the Network

meh I'll just wait and see when we actually have something to go on and not just of-screen video. some are playing "know it all" based on video taken of another video :P

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

psrock said:
Nintendo fail behind way to much to catch up, they will behind for at least another Generation as the big boys will come out with current tech while Nintendo is using old technology.

You do realize that including the current tech is what drove the PS3 to 500-600 launch price?  Do you feel like spending another 500-600 for PS4?  You do realize including current tech into the systems forces the manufacture to sell their system for a loss even with a huge launch price that is out of most consumers price range.   Do you want to bleed Sony till they exit the video game industry?  Do you want them to release a current tech system that will probably have reliability and price issues?

Rpruett said:
o_O.Q said:
Rpruett said:
It's the fact that Nintendo (while constantly making profits over and over) , neglects a portion of their potential userbase by dumb founding decisions in relation to power, multi-media functions, online integration. And it's somewhat baffling.

The Wii would have mopped the floor with MS and Sony in PS2 style and made even more ridiculous profits if it had a quality online environment, multi-media environment and compatible power with the PS3/360.

Wii U seems like more of the same and I think it's the wrong strategy at the wrong time for this upcoming generation. Wii was a perfect storm of intrigue, disappointment (In past Gen leader, Sony), lack of trust in (MS) and lastly a very competitive price in an insanely high priced market.

That 'different' crowd that Nintendo has picked up this generation we are somewhat unsure of their long term buying patterns, their adoption of new hardware, more costs into their gaming. I feel like it misses the mark of that crowd and it does the typical Nintendo move of missing that PS3/360 core crowd as well.

but i think you miss the point right there if the wii had all of those things from the get go obviously it would have been priced comparatively to the other consoles ( or maybe higher )  and i'm quite sure that had that been the case it wouldn't have been as successful as it is or maybe even less successful than the other two

I'm not saying the Wii needed to incorporate Blu-Ray and sell at a 300$ loss from day one.  What I am saying is that Nintendo needs to make their consoles in the SAME generation as their competitors and stop with these consoles that are essentially 1.5, intermediary transitionary consoles.

I call bullshit.  Microsoft and Sony can include the current tech and sell their systems for a loss (since they can absorb the millions/billions in losses).  Nintendo includes reliable, proven, cheaper tech that allows them to keep the price lower while making money on each system sold.  Nintendo doesn't need to follow Sony and Microsoft.  That would pretty much lead to Nintendo becoming the way of Sega.  Your philosophy is a disaster.  If Nintendo wants to ruin themselves then they should listen to you.

sethnintendo said:
psrock said:

You do realize that including the current tech is what drove the PS3 to 500-600 launch price?  Do you feel like spending another 500-600 for PS4?  You do realize including current tech into the systems forces the manufacture to sell their system for a loss even with a huge launch price that is out of most consumers price range.   Do you want to bleed Sony till they exit the video game industry?  Do you want them to release a current tech system that will probably have reliability and price issues?

Wasn't the last-moment inclusion blue-ray the real thing that boosted the PS3 price?

OT: Now that we know the dev kits for Wii U were underclocked, is ther any chance that this guy was refering to those early dev kits along with the rumors of `50% more proccesing'?

Anyway, Zelda looks enough for me.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

It's like 2006 all over again..

I got a feeling Nintendo will be much closer to its competitors in power this time around though.