By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii U worst console name ever!

Worst home console name ever?

Yes, Wtfudge Nintendo? Change it! 57 65.52%

No, I like it. 30 34.48%

Total:87
Chrizum said:
Rainbow Yoshi said:
I hoped they would drop the Wii name and be more innovative.

A name can't really be innovative now can it?

The Wii U as a whole, they seemed to have mishmashed ideas it seems.

Around the Network

The worst thing about the "Wii U" name (for me) is that it just doesn't roll out of the tongue that well. I think eventually people will just paraphrase and call it just plain old "U" or "Nintendo U".

well think of it like this whenever street fighter comes on to ninty's next console nintendo can say " now play as ryu on the wii u" totally justifying the name

its really easy to say and i have a easy time doing so and remembering it.

do i like it? don't really care

it is easier to say than vita, and still have a hard time not refering it as ngp, meanwhile completely forgot cafe and only think wii u.

so it works, whether its "cool" or not

I personally don't mind WiiU much myself. It isn't a good name, but it isn't too bad either.

Around the Network

I didn't vote, simply because I don't think it's the worst (I still think that Vita is worse, and MegaDuck/Cougarboy just speak for themselves)... but yeah, I wish they'd change it.

The worst thing is I can already see the haters saying it stinks: "Nintendo Peew!"

I would have called it the Woo.

Anyway, I thought Gamecube was the worst name for a console ever.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

I like WiiU, but like more the logo. Not the best name, but is simple and made (at least for me) to forget about "Cafe". Since conference I get used with WiiU.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

It makes sense that nintendo would reuse the wii name as it's already a household name and parents will most likely buy their kids the damn thing simply because it's the new "wii"

It's just a letter added to "Wii". Like a "P" added to "PS" is "PSP", how is "WiiU" worse? WeYou sound better to me than PSPee xD