By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So Pachter Says "Nintendo Is Too Late"....That's Great News For Nintendo !

Eddie_Raja said:
HappySqurriel said:
Eddie_Raja said:

How so?  Are you gonna keep talking S@#T or back up your claims with facts and reason?  How old are you 12?  I am done responding to you until you use your big bow voice.

A guy who uses the word "owned" is going to lecture me on maturity?

You're going to claim that I'm talking trash when you couldn't understand that rendering with a resolution that has twice as many pixels with double the frame rate represents 4 times as many pixels, and can't understand that rendering to a display which is (roughly) half the resolution at double the frame rate represents (roughly) the same number of pixels, for a grand total of (roughly) 5 times as many pixels?

Wow, you're full of yourself ...

Did you see my other post that explains how it ISNT 5 times the pixels.  And that's the only thing you think I was wrong about?  

What is wrong with saying owned?  Are the grammar police here?

(1080p + tablet) * 60fps = ((1920x1080)+(854x480))*60 = 149,011,200

720p*30fps = (1280x720)*30 = 27,648,000

149,011,200/27,648,000 = 5.389

Around the Network
HappySqurriel said:
Eddie_Raja said:
HappySqurriel said:
Eddie_Raja said:

How so?  Are you gonna keep talking S@#T or back up your claims with facts and reason?  How old are you 12?  I am done responding to you until you use your big bow voice.

You're going to claim that I'm talking trash when you couldn't understand that rendering with a resolution that has twice as many pixels with double the frame rate represents 4 times as many pixels, and can't understand that rendering to a display which is (roughly) half the resolution at double the frame rate represents (roughly) the same number of pixels, for a grand total of (roughly) 5 times as many pixels?

Did you see my other post that explains how it ISNT 5 times the pixels.  And that's the only thing you think I was wrong about?  

OK LOL NOW I KNOW 100% you are an idiot.  I already did the math you moron look at my post.  Full 720p is shown in 1366x768.  Plus nobody said the tablet was that high a resolution or at 60 fps!  And again even if it was that high, it wouldn't be that big a deal, it should be far, far better.  Not a little better.  LOL fanboys are hilarious. 

P.S. (I bet you were thinking "While then you are hilarious"...Kids)

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

Eddie_Raja said:
HappySqurriel said:
Eddie_Raja said:
HappySqurriel said:
Eddie_Raja said:

OK LOL NOW I KNOW 100% you are an idiot.  I already did the math you moron look at my post.  Full 720p is shown in 1366x768.  Plus nobody said the tablet was that high a resolution or at 60 fps!  And again even if it was that high, it wouldn't be that big a deal, it should be far, far better.  Not a little better.  LOL fanboys are hilarious. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/720p

720p is the shorthand name for a category of HDTV video modes having a resolution of 1280×720 (for a total of 0.92 megapixels or 921,600 pixels) and a progressive scan. The number 720 stands for the 720 horizontal scan lines of display resolution (also known as 720 pixels of vertical resolution), while the letter p stands for progressive scan or non-interlaced. When broadcast at 60[note 1] frames per second, 720p features the highest temporal (motion) resolution possible under the ATSC and DVB standards.

Edit: You really need to check your information before you start calling people "idiots", because your constant stream of mistakes and poor attitude only makes you look like an arrogant fool.

Edit #2: WXGA is 1366x768 and this is how the calculation works out against WXGA:

WXGA*30fps = (1366x768)*30 = 31,472,640

149,011,200/31,472,640 = 4.73

Not exactly 5 times, still close enough to 5 times to be justified as (roughly) 5 times.

HappySqurriel said:
Eddie_Raja said:
HappySqurriel said:
Eddie_Raja said:
HappySqurriel said:
Eddie_Raja said:

720p is the shorthand name for a category of HDTV video modes having a resolution of 1280×720 (for a total of 0.92 megapixels or 921,600 pixels) and a progressive scan. The number 720 stands for the 720 horizontal scan lines of display resolution (also known as 720 pixels of vertical resolution), while the letter p stands for progressive scan or non-interlaced. When broadcast at 60[note 1] frames per second, 720p features the highest temporal (motion) resolution possible under the ATSC and DVB standards.

Edit: You really need to check your information before you start calling people "idiots", because your constant stream of mistakes and poor attitude only makes you look like an arrogant fool.

Nice copy and paste, most TVs run at 1366x768 sorry buddy.  However after further research, I wouldn't call either of us wrong.  I am gonna get off now, this has become a massive flaime fest ever since you started throwing out insults with every post.  Have fun with the last word.

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

Eddie_Raja said:
HappySqurriel said:
Eddie_Raja said:
HappySqurriel said:
Eddie_Raja said:
HappySqurriel said:
Eddie_Raja said:

Nice copy and paste, most TVs run at 1366x768 sorry buddy.  However after further research, I wouldn't call either of us wrong.  I am gonna get off now, this has become a massive flaime fest ever since you started throwing out insults with every post.  Have fun with the last word.

So you interpret being wrong on all accounts, and your constant disrespectful attitude as both of us being equally wrong and I have somehow insulted you?

The closest thing I have said to an insult to you is "because your constant stream of mistakes and poor attitude only makes you look like an arrogant fool." which I think is an objective observation and not a personal judgment of you ... Unlike your "OK LOL NOW I KNOW 100% you are an idiot" which is against the terms of service, and reason enough to try to get you banned (which I didn't do).

Around the Network

This is hilarious. Thanks :)

LordTheNightKnight said:
badgenome said:
Actually, he said they're too late to catch the HD wave, but that the Wii U will also be very successful anyway. So they're not too late, but they'll still fail just the same.

Which is still wrong, as the only wave was from graphics whores (which included game developers), not the public. And they haven't gotten past that, so it's not too late to catch the wave from developers.

The public is another matter (falling stocks, when they rose after E3 2006).

But fell after E3 2005, which is the better E3 to compare this to

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

HappySqurriel said:
Eddie_Raja said:

So you interpret being wrong on all accounts, and your constant disrespectful attitude as both of us being equally wrong and I have somehow insulted you?

The closest thing I have said to an insult to you is "because your constant stream of mistakes and poor attitude only makes you look like an arrogant fool." which I think is an objective observation and not a personal judgment of you ... Unlike your "OK LOL NOW I KNOW 100% you are an idiot" which is against the terms of service, and reason enough to try to get you banned (which I didn't do).

Don't bother, Happy Squrriel; anyone with even an ounce of common sense and reasoning knows you're in the right, on the technical info and the rest. 

Mr Khan said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
badgenome said:
Actually, he said they're too late to catch the HD wave, but that the Wii U will also be very successful anyway. So they're not too late, but they'll still fail just the same.

Which is still wrong, as the only wave was from graphics whores (which included game developers), not the public. And they haven't gotten past that, so it's not too late to catch the wave from developers.

No, because almost no information was given about the next system then, not even the controller, and no announced games. Both of which was not the case here, and there were system demonstrations, which was also present at E3 06.

What made you think this was more comparable to E3 05?

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

LordTheNightKnight said:
Mr Khan said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
badgenome said:

No, because almost no information was given about the next system then, not even the controller, and no announced games. Both of which was not the case here, and there were system demonstrations, which was also present at E3 06.

What made you think this was more comparable to E3 05?

Lack of real software and the console's imminent release, crippling lack of details and confusion about where the device is headed, all of which were present at E3 2005 (which predated the reveal of the controller. In this case they had the opposite problem with too much emphasis on the controller and not enough on the device itself)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.