By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Third person shooter with decent game length?

infamous is free at the moment if you have an PSN account pre hack. And its fun.

Currently playing again (traded it in, redownloaded it again). Gone all evil so i can rip it up with arch lighting, totally sweet.

Of Course That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong

Around the Network

God how disappointing. 10 hours is bullshit.

Vanquish.

Yeah they say it is only 4-5 hours long but I have been playing it for about 3 so far and I am on Act 2-5.

I believe the game has 5 Acts.

Games are only as short as reviewers say when you breeze through it or if the game is ridiculously easy.

I am playing on Normal by the way. If I play on Hard or whatever comes after that I will probably take a long time. This shit can get pretty hard.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

infamous 1 and 2. Plus its a sandbox game. Or Red Dead Redemption.

How about 150 hours+? :) EDF2017. Awesome.

Around the Network

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. Didn't realize Dead Space was a TPS. Could have sworn it was a first person shooter series.

TPS with dual analogues aren't a problem. Just a problem when it comes to FPS shooters. Wii remote and keyboard/mouse are the only things that make it possible for me to enjoy those games. Don't know what I'm going to do with the Wii U if Wii remote support for FPS is dropped. That's another topic though. My PS3 came with Infamous and I had no problem with that. Just wasn't totally sure when it comes to the TPS list of games in recent years as much of my gaming has been on my Wii and I haven't really been paying attention to my other two systems.

I've heard nothing but good things about the Uncharted series. Is there any reason to play Uncharted 1 if I can find 2 cheap? Is the story in the first game important for the second or are controls in the 2nd significantly better?

NeoStar9 said:
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. Didn't realize Dead Space was a TPS. Could have sworn it was a first person shooter series.

TPS with dual analogues aren't a problem. Just a problem when it comes to FPS shooters. Wii remote and keyboard/mouse are the only things that make it possible for me to enjoy those games. Don't know what I'm going to do with the Wii U if Wii remote support for FPS is dropped. That's another topic though. My PS3 came with Infamous and I had no problem with that. Just wasn't totally sure when it comes to the TPS list of games in recent years as much of my gaming has been on my Wii and I haven't really been paying attention to my other two systems.

I've heard nothing but good things about the Uncharted series. Is there any reason to play Uncharted 1 if I can find 2 cheap? Is the story in the first game important for the second or are controls in the 2nd significantly better?

You dont have to play the first but the second is just funner when you know all the characters. Yes, the controls are slightly better. The problem is that part I had near perfect gameplay so yeah lol. And did you like infamous?

Max Payne 2.

http://soundcloud.com/cathode

PSN: Parasitic_Link

PoundHound said:
How about 150 hours+? :) EDF2017. Awesome.

I <3 U

radiantshadow92 said:

You dont have to play the first but the second is just funner when you know all the characters. Yes, the controls are slightly better. The problem is that part I had near perfect gameplay so yeah lol. And did you like infamous?

Thanks. It was enjoyable. Didn't leave me with many lasting "oh my god" or "this is amazing" impressions but then very few if any games do that anymore. I stopped having those feelings during the middle of the PS2's prime. I think that was when I started to focus more on the GameCube too, weird. I wonder if there is any connection to that. Infamous honestly wouldn't have been a game I'd have picked up myself it hadn't been bundled with the system.