By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii game developers can go to hell!!!!!!!

The first year of a console is always like this. A handful of really good games are released (usually first-party, almost always first-party only on Nintendo systems), a handful of ports, and a whole lot of shovelware. At this point, the best stuff on the Wii is mostly first-party titles like Super Mario Galaxy and Zelda, but that's bound to change next year.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
All kidding aside, I love the Wii, but I wouldn't buy the Wii version of ANYTHING multi-platform. Just buy the exclusives and you'll be fine.

Enjoy your copy of Rayman Raving Rabbids on the playstation 2 (or any other platform besides the wii).   LOL

That might be a good idea for most multiplatform games now, but some games are just better on the wii...

jlauro said:
d21lewis said:
All kidding aside, I love the Wii, but I wouldn't buy the Wii version of ANYTHING multi-platform. Just buy the exclusives and you'll be fine.

Enjoy your copy of Rayman Raving Rabbids on the playstation 2 (or any other platform besides the wii). LOL

That might be a good idea for most multiplatform games now, but some games are just better on the wii...

He should probably change it to games made specifically for the Wii first.  :-p

pimpcoop said:
dragoon89 said:
your a moron.

I will assume you own a Wii. Anyway you want to play shitty games like this

While I've never played CoD3 I'm going to assume the twit in that video didn't know how to change the batteries in his controller.

If CoD3 was really that bad there would have been much more rumblings about it rather than people poking up and saying they actually enjoyed it. 

Yes 3rd Party games mostly suck at the moment, there are a few good ones coming through though.

Graphic updates/enhancements are fairly easy to anticipate and program for as this is the natural progression of the technology.

360 and PS3 are what everyone expected them to be in terms of their technology upgrade from the predecessor (xbox, ps2) making them much easier to make games for. Wii is so different with its controls, interactions etc that games really exploiting the technology take time to appear.

Avoid like the plague any PORT or MULTIPLATFORM games for Wii. Most of them are no good anyway

Around the Network

agree, 95% of 3rd party games can go to the hell....i hope the adapt to wii as time goes.... :P

Wii console: 0595 8808 5698 2709
Super Smash Bros Brawl: 1161 1357 5188

Mario Kart Wii: 1633 4506 4319

PES 2008: 1633 5820 0347

DragonBall Z BT 3: 3823 9760 9484

Pokemon Battle Revolution: 3480 2645 9186
Feel free to add me, and sent me a pm with your Friend Code!!

It isn't just 3rd party games on the Wii its 3rd party games on every system. Have you seen the 3rd party crap released on the 360? (taking out the "triplo A OMG graphox" games of course) Or the PS2. There was about 3 games that were worth a darn during its 1st year including the 1st party software!

I do agree that some of the third party developers have been lazy with the wii...especially on controls and graphics. The xbox was more powerful than the ps2 and gamecube, and the wii is suppose to be decently more powerful than the xbox.

Why aren't we seeing that in the graphics of third party games is the question? Why haven't any wii games surpassed FFXII or God of War 2 ps2 games in graphics? Simple answer--the Wii owners aren't graphics whores. Wii owners don't demand games to have stellar graphics so third party developers have no reason to spend the extra development cost in making games go above and beyond expectations.  If graphics/standard controls were what you wanted, you bought the wrong console.

Wii owners are about "Fun" gaming and innovative controls, not a pretty screen. The world has room for both types of gaming so I have no problem with that.

Well, I now only have access to a PS3 & 360...Plan on buying a wii soon (lol, if I can ever find one available!) but will probably wait until some of the major RPG's come out like Dragon Quest & Tales, etc.

Anyhow, I'm so far behind in games to play that I'm not in a huge hurry (lol, haven't even gotten a chance to finish God of War II yet!) 

@nintendoowsmii

Did you see the 3rd party titles for ps3's first year? There amazing.

mM

People keep bitchin' about the lack of 3th party games on Nintendo's system... 3th party's didn't support Nintendo much cuzz of lackin' sales on Nintendo systems... But hey, that's what those bloody 3th parties deserve cuzz they don't use the power or potential of the system... That's why i buy mostely Nintendo games. They are mostly garantueed fun and don't suck!

Exceptions on wii are RE4, GH3 and SSX Blur... (And some others) 

THE NETHERLANDS