By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - E3's effects on preorder sales BF3 vs MW3

I dont mean to be trolling on forums and create a MF3 vs MW3 flame thread but this had made me wonder..

Me and a buddy were talking about how much effect E3 has on sales and preorders. With BF3 throwing out videos, a playable demo and what seems to be positive reactions from several websites can we really see a big change in preorder sales ? The conversation started when me and my cousin went to reserve our copies on BF3 and asked the gamestop worker if he had noticed any changes in preorders sales. He said there was a large increase in preorders. Now I dont know if he telling me lies, over exaggerated, or if there will be a increase on the charts for BF3.

So my question to the forum is how much of an increase in preorders really shows off what E3 does for a game? With games like MW3, preorder sale will rise reguardless of an E3 showing or not just because of the name and the following it has. For a title like BF that does have a following but not as large as COD what amount would show BF has made an impression?

Thoughts or comments?

"Tell me why does it have to be so hard

to let go when it?s your final day

...When death is on it's way"

Around the Network

Well if any game benefited fom E3 it has to be MW3 (sadly IMO) because that's the first time gameplay was shown.

BF3 gameplay was already known to most gamers being amazing long before E3.

I'm sure cod sale will rise...tho it seems with both my friends and a few things I've seen writter say..mw3 videos weren't that impressive. It didn't wow any like bf3 did. Ofcourse does the wowing translate into sales? I guess we'll find out in the coming weeks.

idk but gears of war 3 is going to get even higher

gears will stop so bad it was to premature it will stop to around 30k a week and get around 1.7m first week maybe 1.5m

battlefield wont do much right now lets see how ea's marketing budget goes

and cod is cod what can u do

Around the Network

If this helps I will never get a Call of Duty again and some of my friends agree as well. I expect to see a big boost in Uncharted 3, Modern Warfare 3 and somewhat for BF 3. The BF footage was epic but people have already seen game play before

Well since EA is involved in BF3 it means the game is going to get screwed up somehow. If it is lacking in initial content like Bad Company 2 was I won't even consider pre-ordering.

Most anticipated games of 2011:

Uncharted 3,Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Rocksmith

Modern Warfare 3, Super Mario 3D

Gears and uncharted will be interesting to watch. Both should do well. Wonder or how much they'll take away from either bf or cod...or if there will even be an effect. And agree gojimaster. Bf3 needs to throw some new things in. The free map pack of 4 old maps is nice. Also their doing some warfare pack for preorders..but with the free beta in sept..that alone needs to shine and make people want to preorder and buy their game. Dice has said there are other modes they have for multiplayer that will be revealed later. So well see what else dice has to offer.