By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How much would you pay for a game?

Over here most games tend to get released in the £35 - £60 ($70 - $120) range. I'm a student without a job so I always wait for them to come down in price before I buy. I haven't spent more than £20 on a game this generation.

A lot of people are happy to pay launch day prices to get the game as soon as it comes out but personally I don't mind waiting for ages til it comes down in price.

Are you willing to pay top prices to get a game on launch day or do you prefer to wait? What's the most you would pay?

Around the Network

As much as the store puts on a game ... I would go up to 500 $ if that would assure me top quality :)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Ideally, I'd pay 20 to 30 dollars :). But really, price isn't the issue anyway so much as time.

$60 is pushing me to only buying the games I want the most. Right now, Metal Gear Solid 4 and Final Fantasy 13 are games that I'd buy almost instantly if they were in the market. Renting has become my new standard when it comes to games.

i'd pay 50-60 at launch. Though only if i have no other games to play. For me it's not a matter of price, but a matter of how entertained i am with the other games i currently have. So i develop a list, and once i get bored with the games i have i check the used places for those games and if they don't have them i'll get them new for whatever price they are currently listed at.

Around the Network

I'd pay about $80AUD, which is about the average price of a new game. New games seem to have always been around $80AUD for as long as I can remember, and it's never bothered me. Though, when I was younger, I'd wait for the $20AUD "platinum" budget versions of games.

If it is a really good game that I want I'll get it at launch for full price, otherwise I wait until it goes down in price or there is a sale somewhere.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

I buy almost all my games on Ebay or similar sites. Some AAA must have I can think about spending maybe 100 dollars which is in the lower range of the cost of newly released games here in Sweden.

Beware, I live!
I am Sinistar!
Beware, coward!
I hunger!
Roaaaaaaaaaar!

At least 62 million Wii sold by the end of 09 or my mario avatar will get sad

I would buy a 360 if GTA4 was only on it, so thats about $400 plus tax and $70 for the game.

My max is $50-$60USD, but really I care more about my time than anything.

Nintendo & Sony Supporter

Best PS3 CommercialBest Wii Commercial