By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577
Rainbird said:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-11-24-ps3-firmware-to-enable-vita-remote-play-for-all-games

A future PlayStation 3 firmware update will enable Vita Remote Play on all games, Eurogamer has learnt.

However, this will be only at the PlayStation Portable 480x272 resolution, which will be upscaled to fill the screen.

For future games, developers will be able to include Vita specific 480p modes, Eurogamer understands.

Vita's OLED display is actually capable of displaying games at 960×544 pixel resolution.

Vita Remote Play is how Sony's new handheld interacts with the PS3.

In a Tokyo Game Show demonstration Sony's Shuhei Yoshida played a brief section of Killzone 3 streamed into the device from a PlayStation 3 unit, noting how a few of the Dual Shock buttons missing on the Vita are mapped to the touchscreen.

Vita can also be used in co-operative play with PS3 games. While a colleague played through a specially constructed LittleBigPlanet 2 level with a Dual Shock controller, Yoshida controlled an aeroplane via the Vita's touch screen, helping Sackboy reach his goal by altering the environment.

Sony declined to comment when contacted by Eurogamer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Awesome! I wonder what the lag will be like.

what lag are you talking about?

Around the Network

Tagging as i keep losing this thread,

But the news that remote play will support all PS3 titles is mega.

Rainbird said:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-11-24-ps3-firmware-to-enable-vita-remote-play-for-all-games

A future PlayStation 3 firmware update will enable Vita Remote Play on all games, Eurogamer has learnt.

However, this will be only at the PlayStation Portable 480x272 resolution, which will be upscaled to fill the screen.

For future games, developers will be able to include Vita specific 480p modes, Eurogamer understands.

Vita's OLED display is actually capable of displaying games at 960×544 pixel resolution.

In a Tokyo Game Show demonstration Sony's Shuhei Yoshida played a brief section of Killzone 3 streamed into the device from a PlayStation 3 unit, noting how a few of the Dual Shock buttons missing on the Vita are mapped to the touchscreen.

Vita can also be used in co-operative play with PS3 games. While a colleague played through a specially constructed LittleBigPlanet 2 level with a Dual Shock controller, Yoshida controlled an aeroplane via the Vita's touch screen, helping Sackboy reach his goal by altering the environment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Portable Dark Souls and Skyrim? Yeeeessssss......

4 ≈ One

Degausser said:
Munkeh111 said:
I am actually starting to get quite concerned about the Vita. Sony is making so many great decisions, but they have made 2 huge mistakes

1. No built in storage

They have decided to use expensive proprietary cards, but they are pushing digital so much! They have said almost all the games are going to be digital, but how big are they going to be? How many will we be able to store? I am concerned that I will be getting my Vita on launch, then on top of the console, having to buy a 32GB memory stick so that I can play digital games, which brings me onto my second point

2. Price

This thing is far too expensive. In the UK, it is £230 for the cheapest model, compared to around £190 for a PS3, and even less for all the other consoles, it is just ridiculous (for the record, the PSP started at £180). I am sure the case is the same elsewhere, but this is an easily fixable issue, the other one is not...

But on the plus side, the games look great!

The UK price will drop, as i said before the 3DS was £230 at 'launch' and everyone who pre-ordered it paid that. But a few weeks later it was £160 - £180, the retailers just set the price high for launch as the fact is some people will pay it. I'd expect the UK will see a ~£180 Vita bundle with a memory card and / or a game.

This high launch price gauging happens with all consoles in the UK too... my mate got his PS3 for £600 from play.com, literally the next day it was £425. Same with X360 prices... only thing which didnt drop was the WIi cause they never had any stock lol.

Well that is still annoying for me, as I can't possibly wait an extra few months for this!

As for the PC storage of games, that does seem okay, though it would be SO much better with built in storage

o_O.Q said:
Rainbird said:

The PS3 and Vita will have to talk together over the web to make any PS3 game playable, which is going to cause lag. I'm just hoping Sony can manage to minimize it.

Around the Network
Rainbird said:
o_O.Q said:
Rainbird said:

The PS3 and Vita will have to talk together over the web to make any PS3 game playable, which is going to cause lag. I'm just hoping Sony can manage to minimize it.

Well the PSP and PS3 had a bit of lag with just XMB navigation, though the extra processing power of the Vita should help that

Munkeh111 said:
Rainbird said:

Well the PSP and PS3 had a bit of lag with just XMB navigation, though the extra processing power of the Vita should help that

It might, though the connection will bring some lag of its own, regardless of the Vita's processing power.

Also, it seems it hasn't actually been confirmed, so it should be treated as a rumor for now.

Rainbird said:
o_O.Q said:
Rainbird said:

i thought they were also capable of direct communication, i think remote play with psp could be either over the web or directly

o_O.Q said:
Rainbird said:

i thought they were also capable of direct communication, i think remote play with psp could be either over the web or directly

If you're close enough to do something like that, then there isn't much point in doing remote play to begin with. Remote play doesn't become awesome until you can play a game from your PS3 when you're away from home.

I really want to thank everyone for making this thread a great success and help keep it going strong from the start.

we now have over 1000 replies PLUS over 40000 views! we had some members joining up to vgc just because of this thread even. I'm glad people are finding this thread useful.
Let us keep this thread going strong!

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!