By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577
Kresnik said:
Got my order in for Stranger's Wrath HD, yay! My favourite LRG release so far :)

I wish I can just go to a store and just pick up some of these LRG games.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Around the Network
SnakeDrake said:

I wish I can just go to a store and just pick up some of these LRG games.

I'd wager Vita will still be getting physical games in 2018 yet none of them will be available in stores.

Should be grateful our niche console is being propped up by this kinda stuff.  I love being able to own two physical copies of Oddworld (as many as PS1 had!)

Augen said:
Got Shantae on PSV and PS4 as a backer of that project. Thus far impressed and happy with it. Looks great on the Vita and PS4. The art really shines through. I do agree it is challenging in the way NES and SNES games were challenging. I would say right now it has good chance of being best Shantae game yet.

Is it cross-buy or did you back twice?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tokyootakumode/re-sharin-no-kuni-project

Sharin no Kuni has had a surge of pledges in the past few hours thanks to Limited Run Games doing some promotional work for it (sending out e-mails; Tweeting). If you're interested in a physical copy, now is the time, it's ~ $15k away from the stretch goal with a little over 2 days to go.

It's doable, but will be touch & go and will need everyone's help! Physical copies are available!

This week in musings from UK Chart:

1 1     MINECRAFT: PLAYSTATION EDITION 4J STUDIOS SONY COMPUTER ENT. SONY COMPUTER ENT.
2 2     LEGO MARVEL AVENGERS TRAVELLER'S TALES WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE
3 3     LEGO STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS TRAVELLER'S TALES WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE

Unsurprisingly, Minecraft is Christmas #1 for the third year in a row, flanked by two LEGO games.

5 4     CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS DECLASSIFIED NIHILISTIC SOFTWARE ACTIVISION ACTIVISION BLIZZARD
16 8     SONIC & ALL STARS RACING TRANSFORMED SUMO DIGITAL SEGA SEGA

Well these have obviously been reprinted lol.

Around the Network

http://gematsu.com/2016/12/final-fantasy-30th-anniversary-opening-ceremony-set-january-31

Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary plans are scheduled for the end of January.

Here's hoping that rumor is true!

Conina said:
Augen said:
Got Shantae on PSV and PS4 as a backer of that project. Thus far impressed and happy with it. Looks great on the Vita and PS4. The art really shines through. I do agree it is challenging in the way NES and SNES games were challenging. I would say right now it has good chance of being best Shantae game yet.

Is it cross-buy or did you back twice?

I did a $30 pledge which meant could get it on two platofrms of my choosing. 

I beat it, took me roughly 8 hours and I finished with 97% completion.  Not sure what other 3% was as felt like I got everything in the game.  I would rate the game very highly, one of th ebest 2D platformers I've played in a long time and clearly had a high level of polish in terms of level design.  I love the Metroid feeling of going back to levels and unlocking new areas with new transformations and abilities.  Very happy I backed it and to me is an example of Kickstarter going right.  I'm debating playing New Game +, but for now satisfied with an amazing 8 hour experience that reminded me of best aspects of SNES era with lots of great modern tweaks that improve upon formulas I love.

In terms of difficulty I actually think early on is when the game is hardest.  After buying all the power ups, gaining transformations, and acquiring various healing items the game is actually pretty easy.  The exception would be instant death sections at the end that strip that away and rely on old fashioned platforming and reflexes.

Hard for me to rate games, but if I had to give Shantae: 1/2 Genie Hero a rating it would be 5 stars and suggest any Vita owner to check it out.

badgenome said:
Kresnik said:

:P

My guess is, if true, it'll be I - VI on cart and VII - IX in download voucher.  I'd love to be wrong on that.

I hope it comes west.

And I - V will be the mobile versions.

And it will be PS4-only in the west.

And and and!

That'd be awful. Surely they'd bring over the PSP remakes for I, II, and IV.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Kresnik said:
badgenome said:

Very timely review for me. I was just thinking of picking that up.

Might as well wait for a sale, unless you're importing the Asian version.  Still, worth it at whatever price!

It sadly hasn't been on sale yet. I keep waiting for it to be on sale.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.