By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577

Sadly US Store update just have Borderlands 2 on sale at 9.99$, nothing about price drops...

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

Around the Network

I bet Danganronpa is gonna bomb like a mother fucker on the ps4..at least in JP

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

I live my Vita and play it all the time, I just loving my PS4. I use remote play a lot so for me the two systems are entwined for me. Very excited about rest of 2015 and 2016 where I am going to struggle to find time and money to keep up.

Some news Gundam Extreme VS Force to receive English release in Asia
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1112939
Good for the fans of the series ! Do these games come with a single player Story ?
Attack on Titans new Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0ZDU8x8URU

guys..guys...i think that Attack on titan game actually looks.....GOOD

0_0 HYPE!

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network
NesFe said:

Err... WHAT?  That's awesome!  Instant import!  (I really enjoyed Gundam Breaker.  I know this won't be exactly the same, but still, Gundam in English is on-point!)

Kresnik said:

I think I realised the biggest disappointment about TGS for me after thinking about it a little.

It's literally the first time I've realised that Vita doesn't have a future at all and is likely to be gone within the next couple of years.

And I know I'm stupid for not realising it sooner but...

Vita was always the little device that could for me.  People were calling it dead since day 1, but it chugged on with all kinds of support over the years - and the constant was the Japanese market where it actually did alright.  And I followed the Japanese market closely.

My thought process was always that Vita'd keep chugging along and slowly build up more and more install base, and eventually the franchises that make sense on Vita would go exclusive for a future release (hunting games like God Eater & Toukiden; VN's like DanganRonpa; maybe we'd eventually get an exclusive Tales spin-off etc.)

And when it got those exclusives, the userbase would grow a bit more and that'd lead to more games taking the plunge, and it'd sustain the console for at least somewhere close to PSP length.  

But this TGS kinda hammered home to me that that's just not gonna happen.  And it wasn't even Gravity Rush jumping ship... it was DanganRonpa going multi-plat.  I thought "if this game is trying it on PS4, then the Vita really doesn't have a future", because Spike Chunsoft seemed determined to make it a Sony handheld IP (great ports of the first two games; new spinoff; hardware bundles etc.)  I wouldn't be surprised to see a HD Collection of 1/2/AE come to PS4 now.  

Toukiden staying as a PlayStation-family franchise helped with that too.  They're not going to get strong sales from home consoles, but they're clearly not happy with keeping it as just a Vita IP.  They may well be driving it into a grave by trying to transition it to home consoles.

Of course, oddly, the system is still getting exclusives.  We got a Gundam game announced in the conference; Digimon is still coming; SaGa is still coming (although as an exclusive, I still very much doubt).  And it's been working in reverse too - we get multi-plats of traditional home console games - Samurai Warriors; Dragon Quest Heroes; Atelier (I just realised these are literally all Koei-Tecmo, haha).

And as games are releasing on the "ecosystem" even more, I suppose there's always a chance for Vita to live a lot longer supported by these multi-plats releases.  But given that devs don't seem to have a problem targeting PS4 exclusives despite the lack of userbase (i.e. Yakuza 6; Ni-Oh) and even the niche devs saying they want to drive PS4 userbase (Nippon Ichi), and the fact that it almost feels that Sony are incentivizing anything that was planned as Vita-only with a PS4 version too (I'd be shocked if Exist Archive & Ys 8 weren't originally Vita games), the long-term goal seems to be to transition what's left of the dedicated userbase over to PS4 over the next year or two.

Because they have no plans for a future beyond that.  And that's a real bummer to me.

But anyway, to end on a more positive note, at least 2016 should go out with a nice bang.  Plenty of localizations I'm already hyped about (Digimon; World of Final Fantasy; Sen no Kiseki); plenty I'm certain will be announced at some point (Atelier; Neptunia; DanganRonpa); plenty I'm crossing my fingers for (Exist Archive; Yoru no Nai Kuni; Tokyo Xanadu) and even a few imports in there I may be interested in (Gundam; Dragon Quest Builders etc.)

Throw in those leaked western titles (XCOM/CivRev/Assassin's Creed) and a splattering of indies (Drift Stage/Drifter/Vektor Wars) and at least it'll see plenty of use into the sunset.

Ok, i havent read it all yet, and while i wont disagree that the Vita has always been in trouble, i'm glad it keeps soldering on. Theres a couple of squeenix exclusives coming aswell like Saga and Mana.

Now for things like Danganrompa going on PS4, you have to understand the japanese market and what Sony is doing. Look at the future. Its obvious a portable gaming device is not gonna work for Sony anymore. Its very unlikely they will make one just for the japanese market. 

The home console market has been shrinking for years in japan, and not only Sony with the PS home console, but japanese publishers can't aim for japan alone. So, Sony and the big japanese publishers are seriously pushing for the PS4 to revive the japanese home console market.

Danganrompa like the new Ys and several others were efforts from Sony to have those franchises on the home console and revive that market, not so much because the Vita doesnt work for those games. 

Still, we knew the Vita has always been in trouble and aslong as those japanese games come over, i couldn't be happier. Though, i really want them to, and thats what worries me. It will suck if the likes of Saga are Japan only. I would like to see some more confidence from Sony on the Vita at the PSX. We all know it doesnt make much money, but its a great device that deserves to be loved. So, no need to kill it while theres still games beeing made for it.

Better quality attack on titan trailer is up now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fK1Nk2wwqnc

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

M.U.G.E.N said:
Better quality attack on titan trailer is up now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fK1Nk2wwqnc

Looks really good!!!

NesFe said:
Good for the fans of the series ! Do these games come with a single player Story ?
Attack on Titans new Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0ZDU8x8URU

Gundam Extrem VS FORCE!!!                                            The KING Of Fighting Games is BACK #SFV   

Gaming consoles owned so far:-NES,- GB Advenced, -PS3,-XBOX360,- PS VITA, PS4!   PC: @i5 4570,GTX960 Factory Overclock

Make your own youtube channel to keep memories of your live gaming expirience

Official PSVita Thread!                                   Freedom Wars Threads!!                                COMG! Japan Pre-order chart