By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577
BaldrSkies said:

Bullet Girls preview (it's NSFW)

Graphics and combat looks good. But I think this could be more perverted than even Senran Kagura.

What the actual fuck happened in the first 30 seconds of that video?

Around the Network
Kresnik said:

Oh, and since you're here, what's the deal with Tecmo Koei games going forward?  Are they all going to be digital only?  Did the retail versions of Deception/Dynasty Warriors/Toukiden not sell enough?

Possibly. I know that all 3 games dropped in price in EU online stores real fast. Some even before release, pointing to poor preorders and low interest.

But I doubt that there is a reliable source that can be checked.

Burek said:

Baldr is a reliable source.  That's why I asked!

Kresnik said:
Burek said:

Baldr is a reliable source.  That's why I asked!

Well, I'm all ears then. Bought all 3 physically from EU shops because they were discounted. Deception and Warriors for £22 preorder, and Toukiden for £18 a month after release.

Kresnik said:
BaldrSkies said:

Although Falcom's mobile game already crashed and burned. It's actually a pretty brutal market.

I'm both happy and sad with this.

Happy because I would rather Falcom stick with Vita.  Sad because I still want Falcom to succeed since they're a lovely company who make awesome games.

I would put Gust second behind Falcom in my "favourite niche Japanese developers" list, so I will be happy and sad if this Atelier flops too.

Oh, and since you're here, what's the deal with Tecmo Koei games going forward?  Are they all going to be digital only?  Did the retail versions of Deception/Dynasty Warriors/Toukiden not sell enough?

I wouldn't worry about Falcom abandoning console gaming, they were just looking to expand their audience (and please some investors). That goes for Gust too. There really are developers that make games for fun and for fans, not for the highest possible profit. Not everyone is Capcom, they've made some really poor choices in particular. Unfortunately the bigger the company, the more soulless they tend to become...

Concerning KT and digital publishing in general, there's a growing attitude among publishers that digital emphasis is a good idea. It is, financially. You don't have to worry about logistics, a lot of laws and regulations fall into grey areas, and it pulls higher profit margins, giving a company a better chance of making money on a game. Not having to deal with middlemen like retailers and merchandisers, or manufacturers, makes a lot of people's jobs easier. The simple act of creating and distributing a physical product adds a lot of costs that might not be worth it, depending on the game.

That said, there's still what you could call "pride" in releasing a physical product onto the market, despite the added costs and headache. Having products displayed in and by shops is still advertisement too. I wouldn't count on seeing physical releases disappear from most publishers for a long time, but you could see some "limited" physical releases, things like limited production for fans, or only distributed to certain retailers, along with more digital only releases. Honestly though, most physical releases still at least make their costs back. But trends can change...

On another note, there's a growing trend among Japanese companies to just skip localization companies like Aksys or Xseed, and self publish digital games. It's a lot easier when you don't have to publish and distribute a physical product in a foreign country, and it allows the company to get direct revenue, rather than just selling off rights.

Around the Network

I wish SAO had magic builds, not just melee builds. It would have given the game much more options for gameplay.

A new phantasy Star Nova PV, I think it has most of the old trailer in it with a little variation towards the end ?

New Shin Hayarigami trailer :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jL7rhcL1dc

Also, we might be getting new info on Dangan Ronpa : another episode tommorow  today ! :)

Okay, new Dangan Ronpa : Another episode Trailer !!

NesFe said:

Okay, new Dangan Ronpa : Another episode Trailer !!

Everyone preorder Danganronpa 2 right now so we can get this localized. kthx.

BaldrSkies said:

On another note, there's a growing trend among Japanese companies to just skip localization companies like Aksys or Xseed, and self publish digital games. It's a lot easier when you don't have to publish and distribute a physical product in a foreign country, and it allows the company to get direct revenue, rather than just selling off rights.

Only examples I can think of have been iOS titles and few have been handled well at all.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Remember how Klei was investigating the Vita for Don't Starve? Well, they completed their investigation.