By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577
MikeRox said:

No developer logo on the box, usually "only on playstation" is a black banner underneat the PSVita band with the PSN functionality advertised where that says only on PlayStation.

However they could also be doing a mid lifecycle rivision to their packaging to bring it more in line with the PS4 branding.

Probably not. I don't think this is final, but I do think it's significant that an actual piece of art was submitted for it instead of just a logo like most things that wind up being vaporware.

You could be right, though. It's been a step in the right direction on the PS4. Box art got absolutely trashed last gen thanks to that clutter.

Around the Network

Amazon put up quite a few things in Europe that haven't transpired so I'm always a bit skeptical of online listings.

I do hope Freedom Wars is getting a physical release here though. Has it been announced for Europe yet or was it just the US? As Ratchet and Clank didn't appear anywhere for pre order until the official PS Blog announcement here. So might just be Sony are getting better at keeping their release schedule secret.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

MikeRox said:
Amazon put up quite a few things in Europe that haven't transpired so I'm always a bit skeptical of online listings.

I do hope Freedom Wars is getting a physical release here though. Has it been announced for Europe yet or was it just the US? As Ratchet and Clank didn't appear anywhere for pre order until the official PS Blog announcement here. So might just be Sony are getting better at keeping their release schedule secret.

Yeah, I remember Amazon UK listing Earthbound for Wii U. But our Amazon is the superior Amazon!

I'm pretty sure Freedom Wars, SSD, and Oreshika were confirmed for both NA and EU on the same day. (Edit: Yep.) And it's maybe worth noting that Freedom Wars is listed at Amazon but Oreshika isn't.

Fair do's I'll live in hope ^_^

Anyone else get the feeling that Vita functionality on PS4 games (second screen/touch screen control input etc) is going to be shown off at E3. Not only have Amazon France outed a bundle with very official looking packaging.

Now apparently GameStop will be advertising a PS4/Borderlands 2 Vita bundle in the US which works out $40 cheaper than buying them separately.

MikeRox said:
Fair do's I'll live in hope ^_^

Anyone else get the feeling that Vita functionality on PS4 games (second screen/touch screen control input etc) is going to be shown off at E3. Not only have Amazon France outed a bundle with very official looking packaging.

Now apparently GameStop will be advertising a PS4/Borderlands 2 Vita bundle in the US which works out $40 cheaper than buying them separately.

Not really. I get the sense that Sony has learned its lesson that nobody gives a shit about remote play or using the Vita as a controller. Starting at E3 I think they'll probably focus on trying to sell the Vita on its own merits going forward, bolstered by a raft of compelling new games.

Haha, j/k! You're probably right.

Around the Network
badgenome said:

Not really. I get the sense that Sony has learned its lesson that nobody gives a shit about remote play or using the Vita as a controller. Starting at E3 I think they'll probably focus on trying to sell the Vita on its own merits going forward, bolstered by a raft of compelling new games.

Now that's just crazy talk!

MikeRox said:
badgenome said:

It's sad that we joke about these things like we do.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
MikeRox said:

It's sad that we joke about these things like we do.

If we didn't laugh, we'd cry.

Here's some more stuff coming to Vita.  This one looks alright:

But this was exciting for me.  I'd forgotten about it.  Another World isn't a game I'd put on my all time favourites list but it is an absoulte gem, so I'd recommend you all give this a chance.  One of the earliest atmospheric games I can remember.

(P.S. I really wish Sony would put the original Shadow of the Beast games on PSN):

Kresnik said:

But this was exciting for me.  I'd forgotten about it.  Another World isn't a game I'd put on my all time favourites list but it is an absoulte gem, so I'd recommend you all give this a chance.  One of the earliest atmospheric games I can remember.

I'd forgotten about that, too. I'm glad they kept the original look and didn't do to it what those... people did to poor, poor Flashback.