By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577

my vita arrived from game online 20 minutes ago unpacked it and the games uncharted and army corps of hell checked out all the pre order stuff and found ridge racer, couldn't find the 16 gig memory card looked through everything no card just about to ring up when I found it , it was sitting behind me on the carpet.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network
nikosx said:
Sony Bend did a fantastic job with Uncharted Golden Abyss. There's almost no difference to Uncharted on PS3.
The aiming is even better than on PS3 thanks to the gyro tilt-to-aim feature. I hope other games will use this too, it makes aiming to much better to control.

If I had 300$-ish on hand and I had to choose between a Vita+GA and a PS3+UC3, which one would you suggest in terms of UC only? Other games interest me for Vita, so I'm really just interested to know in terms of UC.

Reason I ask is, after watching some vids of the touch mechanics on youtube I had some doubts. Are the action sequences as good as on PS3 or is there too much ledge climing and the likes as compared to the PS3 version?

TrevDaRev said:
First Vita game arrived in the post this morning! My God the game boxes are so small. :O

Dang I just got Hot Shots Golf in the mail and it is super tiny, the length from the top of the box to the bottom is just barely bigger than a CD case.

I saw the Vita commercial yesterday (Or the day before), it was the commercial where the guy was on the bus and he was looking around, noticing that anyone is an enemy since they can be carrying their Vita's with them. I think it hit the point home, though I wish they showed off the near capabilities to marry with the commercial.

happydolphin said:
nikosx said:
Sony Bend did a fantastic job with Uncharted Golden Abyss. There's almost no difference to Uncharted on PS3.
The aiming is even better than on PS3 thanks to the gyro tilt-to-aim feature. I hope other games will use this too, it makes aiming to much better to control.

If I had 300$-ish on hand and I had to choose between a Vita+GA and a PS3+UC3, which one would you suggest in terms of UC only? Other games interest me for Vita, so I'm really just interested to know in terms of UC.

Reason I ask is, after watching some vids of the touch mechanics on youtube I had some doubts. Are the action sequences as good as on PS3 or is there too much ledge climing and the likes as compared to the PS3 version?

Since I haven't finished UC GA I can't answer the first question. From what I've played so far the gameplay of UC GA is similar to UC3: action, climbing and some puzzles. The touch controls for climbing are optional, I don't use them. You can climb using left analogue stick + X too.

Around the Network
Wagram said:
Based off of the reception of Vita on the internet, I wouldn't be surprised if it did far better here in the west than Japan.

That's simply my worst fear about Vita.

I play mostly handhelds nowadays, and I play then almost exclusively for japanese games.

On my DS, PSP and 3DS I have only 4 western games - the 2 PSP GTAs, GTA Chinatown Wars and Scribblenauts. While the first two are ok (even though lame compared to the PS2 GTAs), the others are at most meh games (I heard the Super Scribblenauts was miles better than the first, though). I just feel western developers just don't give their best when developing handheld games. Add this to my japanese inclined taste in gaming and there you go, Vita's fate in japan is absolutely major for me!

Sony should treat japan as a priority and fix the sales there!

VicViper said:
Wagram said:
Based off of the reception of Vita on the internet, I wouldn't be surprised if it did far better here in the west than Japan.

That's simply my worst fear about Vita.

I play mostly handhelds nowadays, and I play then almost exclusively for japanese games.

On my DS, PSP and 3DS I have only 4 western games - the 2 PSP GTAs, GTA Chinatown Wars and Scribblenauts. While the first two are ok (even though lame compared to the PS2 GTAs), the others are at most meh games (I heard the Super Scribblenauts was miles better than the first, though). I just feel western developers just don't give their best when developing handheld games. Add this to my japanese inclined taste in gaming and there you go, Vita's fate in japan is absolutely major for me!

Sony should treat japan as a priority and fix the sales there!

I understand what you mean. A majority of the games I own for DS/PSP are from Japanese companys.

pezus said:
happydolphin said:
nikosx said:

I think if you were purely going to pick for UC, PS3 would be the better choice. UC3 is a phenomenal experience, and so are UC1 and UC2. UC:GA isn't made by ND so even though I have no doubt it's a very good game, I think it lacks that cinematic ND touch.

Don't say that without playing. GA is actually better than Drake's fortune and just as good as 2 and 3, just different. I personally rank them 2, GA, 3, 1.

Just to note the PSN release of A-Men tomorrow is £11.99 and not £12.99 as previously put

Source - Playstation blog

pezus said:
happydolphin said:
nikosx said:

I think if you were purely going to pick for UC, PS3 would be the better choice. UC3 is a phenomenal experience, and so are UC1 and UC2. UC:GA isn't made by ND so even though I have no doubt it's a very good game, I think it lacks that cinematic ND touch.

Thanks P. @ Joe, nikosx. Okay, I knew the touch controls were optional, but I'll ask more on the action content when you guys'll have had more time to try it out.

Anyways, I'm really interested in SF x Tekken and really prefer the Vita version to the console versions so I'm not worried or in a hurry. It'll all depend on price for me in the end (second hand prices included) as well as your's feedback.

I'm following the thread and will ask some advice every now and then. In the meantime happy Vita launch guys.