By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577
Shido said:

Hey, I just got a little money and I want to buy my first 2 Vita games. So far I have PS Plus games. Uncharted(havent played it yet), Wipeout(same), Gravity Rush(love it!) Sine Mora(great great game, love it!)

Games that grabed my attention:

Dragons Crown
Muramasa
Persona 4(play a little on a friend's PS2, like it)
Malicious Rebirth
Vahalla Knights
Killzone(its any good?, I didnt like KZ2 that much, didnt play 3
Atelier Series
Assasins Creed(liked 1 and 2, hated 3)
Little King

Its any racing or fighting game any good?(My favs are gran turismo and soul calibur)

most people will tell you the same games

therefore some real good alternatives.

Hot shots Golf/Everybodys Golf

Sly 4

(both great games and not expensive)

rayman.imo best vita game this year(the black betty level is one of the best things i've ever played)

mgs

good racing game:

I think NFS is pretty good(more fun than the console versions as you don't crash so often into other cars)

and WRC 4(much better than wrc3)

if you like soul calibur i'd say DOA is  closer to the gameplay than street fighter but street fighter has better visual.design(but i haven't played marvel or blaz blue-maybe they are closer to calibur)

Around the Network
Shido said:

Hey, I just got a little money and I want to buy my first 2 Vita games. So far I have PS Plus games. Uncharted(havent played it yet), Wipeout(same), Gravity Rush(love it!) Sine Mora(great great game, love it!)

Dragons Crown
Muramasa
Malicious Rebirth
Vahalla Knights
Killzone(its any good?, I didnt like KZ2 that much, didnt play 3)
Atelier Series
Little King

Its any racing or fighting game any good?(My favs are gran turismo and soul calibur)

Can't go wrong Persona 4 Golden. Maby AC, but it's more like 3 than 1 or 2 and if you say you hated 3...

I'd also recomend LittleBigPlanet Vita, deffinitely the best LBP out there. An amazing game.

Shido said:

Dragons Crown
Muramasa
Malicious Rebirth
Vahalla Knights
Killzone(its any good?, I didnt like KZ2 that much, didnt play 3)
Atelier Series
Little King

Killzone gets a big thumbs up - it's beautiful, has a good SP campaign with nice replayability and the MP is really good fun (I'm not actually a massive FPS fan but I spent a lot of time in multi and enjoyed it a lot). Can't really say much about those other games (I really need to pick up P4G and Dragon's Crown soon), but when it comes to fighters with the exception of Reality Fighters all the ports are supposed to be good (MK and Injustice don't look that great apparently but I can't say I've played them and they still run well by all accounts) and there's a wide choice (Blazblue, UMVC3, SFxT, Mortal Kombat, Dead or Alive 5, Injustice). I've only played UMVC3 but had a good time with it. Problem is these are all 2D, and if you want 3D Soul Calibur style games I can't think of any apart from the PSP and PSOne classics. Hope that helps

@RafaelOrix - Thanks, I intend to stick around :)

DOA is not 2D!
Pure 3D

SxyxS said:
DOA is not 2D!
Pure 3D

Is it? I though it used 3D backgrounds and characters but with the gameplay fixed in the 2D plane? So is it like SC and Tekken?

Around the Network

It's 3D, you can move around characters so change the plane you are fighting on 360'.

Tekken and Soul Calibur are 3D in this regard too. Games such as MvC3 etc are locked to a single plane.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

SxyxS said:
Shido said:

most people will tell you the same games

therefore some real good alternatives.

Hot shots Golf/Everybodys Golf

Sly 4

(both great games and not expensive)

rayman.imo best vita game this year(the black betty level is one of the best things i've ever played)

mgs

good racing game:

I think NFS is pretty good(more fun than the console versions as you don't crash so often into other cars)

and WRC 4(much better than wrc3)

if you like soul calibur i'd say DOA is  closer to the gameplay than street fighter but street fighter has better visual.design(but i haven't played marvel or blaz blue-maybe they are closer to calibur)

Injustice would be worth considering as a fighting game too. I don't really play these so can't say which are better on Vita.

As for racing games, Vita has a nice little selection of them. I would say the best 5 to go for, depending on your preference are:

1: WRC4
2: Need for Speed: Most Wanted
3: Sonic & Allstars Racing Transformed
4: WipeOut
5: Moto GP 2013

The Milestone games are much more realistic than the others. I'd say WRC4 is more "Simcade" as it strikes a nice balance between sim and arcade while most Vita games are pure arcade. Moto GP 2013 on the other hand s a cruel mistress, but if you put the time in, you'll be rewarded with very enjoyable racing.

Also of a more simulation style is F1 2011 which you can get pretty cheap from ShopTo which plays pretty well even if it does look a bit ugly due to being a 3DS port.

Sxyxs, Rayman is a great call, Origins as well as Legends! and definitely Everybody's Golf, if you like Golf Games you need to get it!

So many no gaemz! (I now have 43 physical) and I still don't have Batman and Tearaway is coming next week XD

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Thank you very much everyone for your suggestions. I think I will give killzone a shot for MP and dragons crown/muramasa/persona 4G dont know yet. I have Rayman Legends on my PC and I love it. I will wait for gran turismo and the next fighting games (I have played every fighter game on the others consoles except DOA.) Which games do you think will be the next PS plus games? Man I need a bigger memory card (current 4 gb)

PS Vita and PC gamer

CPU Intel i5 2500K at 4.5 Ghz / Gigabyte Z68 Mobo / 8 Gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 mhz / Sapphire HD 7970 Dual X Boost / Corsair Obsidian 550d 

Kongfucius said:
SxyxS said:
DOA is not 2D!
Pure 3D

Is it? I though it used 3D backgrounds and characters but with the gameplay fixed in the 2D plane? So is it like SC and Tekken?

If this is your definition of 2D than almost all fighting games are 2D(except powerstone) Many full-3d game (eg zelda)use the "fixed in the 2d plane" calling it "autolock" . I don't think that makes them 2D,as i don't think that LBP and(i think it was) king of fighters is rewl 3D because you can change between 3 lanes. my definition is:DOA&co- you can move in 3dimension and use the 3rd dimension tactically(escape by pressing 2x up/down) and even the Arena is not limited to just one fighting area=3d Street Fighter 4=3D game with 2D gameplay

BaldrSkies said:

Bandai Namco has revealed a Vita game for popular anime Girls und Panzer. Genre is "dramatic tank action".

http://garupan-game.bngames.net/

It was a silly show, but entertaining. Here's hoping for a good tank game!

I was about to go "hell yeah" then I saw Bamco is the one publishing the game (on a handheld) and that pretty much took every hope I have to see this game localized.