By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577
Sleepyprince said:

Rayman Origins is very well made graphic wise, but the game is just an average plateformer sold at full price. Even 20$€ is too much for it. Same goes for Legends. I'll drop 10 on origins and 15 on Legends (more content) max, and since I'm a good example of what a mainstream gamer is, I bet I'm not alone thinking this way. 

Rayman Origins is the most refreshing platformer in whole 7th generation. It was charming, colourful, had tight controls, clever level design, amazing soundtrack... What's wrong with you people?

And what exactly is a mainstream gamer? An opinionless COD/GTA boot?

Around the Network

Got my hands on Blackgate. I'm about an hour or so in.
Impressions:
Being stuck in the 2D plane's a bit annoying. There'd be times It'll look like I could go somewhere, but couldn't. Wish they took pointers from Other M with that regard.
Free Flow combat works well, though enemies die a bit too easily so it's easy to loose the chain (There's a trophy for 100 hit combo so I gotta see how that works out).
Grappling is interesting. Works well and kinda odd to grapple to a gargoyle though. Like the animation and the perspective of everything.
Weapon holding enemies have a vision cone now ala Metal Gear. Except you see the cone in front of an enemy.
Detective Mode is really cool. You can touch any part of the screen and drag your hand around to look for stuff. I've found a few things and learned how to utilize it when entering an area.
Cutscenes are done Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops/Peace Walker style. I like it.
So far so good.

Been playing Guacamelee all day today. Between this & Hotline Miami, my view on indies is shifting. I've always been kinda "meh" towards then, the only games I was truly looking forward to on Vita were Terraria & Minecraft.

But man, if stuff like these two games keeps getting pumped out, then I'll be happy. I've enjoyed them both more than about 80% of the retail release library I've bought for Vita so far.

Tom3k said:
Sleepyprince said:

Rayman Origins is very well made graphic wise, but the game is just an average plateformer sold at full price. Even 20$€ is too much for it. Same goes for Legends. I'll drop 10 on origins and 15 on Legends (more content) max, and since I'm a good example of what a mainstream gamer is, I bet I'm not alone thinking this way. 

Rayman Origins is the most refreshing platformer in whole 7th generation. It was charming, colourful, had tight controls, clever level design, amazing soundtrack... What's wrong with you people?

Yeah, but we're not speaking about Fez here, that's still an average plateformer sold at 50$. Wake up mate. Plateformer, oustide of the plumber are dead and can't compete with the rest. Lauch price should have been be way lower than that. 

A clue about what a mainstream gamer is : Someone with some economic sens, someone who won't throw 50$ on a colorful plateformer.   

Deception IV: Blood Ties detailed, debut trailer
http://gematsu.com/2013/10/deception-iv-blood-ties-detailed-debut-trailer

Also, part of the stream showing game in action is in the link. I'm getting slightly intrested in this game.

Unrelated, but Sony needs to fix the fucking download issue. I bought the walking dead yesterday, and got hotline Miami through PS+. it took me 4 system restarts to be able to start downloading the games. Wtf. Hotline Miami is one of the few games that I had no interest in but it turned out to be enjoyable. started it out to see the game, ended up playing 5 chapters ^^

Around the Network
Tom3k said:
Sleepyprince said:

Put in a Madden or Fifa depending on continent and yeah, that would be my thought exactly

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Rayman Origins is the best platformer ever released. Top notch leves from beginning to end. An absolute pleasure on the vita and well deserved the praise it received. Mainstream gamers are all about what's popular/ what their friends are playing. Ninty could release a terrible Mario game and it would still sell more than all the versions of Rayman combined.

naruball said:
Rayman Origins is the best platformer ever released. Top notch leves from beginning to end. An absolute pleasure on the vita and well deserved the praise it received. Mainstream gamers are all about what's popular/ what their friends are playing. Ninty could release a terrible Mario game and it would still sell more than all the versions of Rayman combined.

Na mainstream gamer are not lead by their Fanboyism. They just buy what they think is good, they don't care about everything else. And they're right to do so. You liked Rayman Origins, fine for you. I liked it too. But best plateformer ever released ? Really ? Either you should buy Fez, Dustforce, Braid or SuperMeat Boy and see what a quality plateformer either you should just try to not speak about plateformer or game you liked. Because, for sure, you can't discuss without putting your liking off the table. 

Seriousely, this thread don't deserve me. Really.

Sleepyprince said:

Yeah, but we're not speaking about Fez here, that's still an average plateformer sold at 50$. Wake up mate. Plateformer, oustide of the plumber are dead and can't compete with the rest. Lauch price should have been be way lower than that. 

A clue about what a mainstream gamer is : Someone with some economic sens, someone who won't throw 50$ on a colorful plateformer.   

But will throw 50$ at a new maps pack every year, and 50$ more for a "premium"... Great economic sense indeed...

Sleepyprince said:

Seriousely, this thread don't deserve me. Really.

not sure if you ever noticed, we never and will never want you