By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577
darkknightkryta said:
Euphoria14 said:
kivi95 said:
Tridrakious said:
I don't know if this has been posted or if people even care or even noticed, but GameStop has upped the price of the Memory Cards by $5 for the 4 and 8 gig cards.

4GB - GameStop Price - $24.99 (Sony's MSRP is $19.99)
8GB - GameStop Price - $34.99 (Sony's MSRP is $29.99)

Sneaky bastards!!!One day Gamestop will hopefully die.

Noticed this the other day. I went in to change my preorder from a 16GB card to a 8GB card and a $30 game, that way I get a game and some memory and I don't have to pay any more money.

Now seeing that they are pulling this, I believe I am going to cancel my order now and when they ask me why, I will let them know that I don't like giving my money to someone who charges more than they are supposed to. The 8GB is $30 everywhere else.

Between this and the Gamestop only $10 drop on 3DS, something doesn't feel right with them and I wish to take my business elsewhere.

I think everybody should stop buying at Gamestop.  I mean, I'm not sure if they do this elsewhere, but in Canada, they mix used games with new games.  I actually think they place the used guts on top of the new.

Yeah, I got in a big argument with them about a year ago because I bought something I thought was new, but when he handed me the game it was evident that it was rewrapped. It was lacking the seal on the case and everything. After a bit of arguing he said it was a shelf copy and he could assure me that it hasn't been played, yet he was quiet when I mentioned that even if that were the case, if I brought it back a few days later, unopened, they wouldn't take it because it lacked original packaging and it wouldn't be considered as new.

I don't know why I preordered there to be honest, they are a shady business and from the looks of things, they believe their customers are idiots.

I will keep my Vita preordered there though since it is $249,99 everywhere else, but as for the $65 or so I spent on a memory card, I will use that same amount and get the 8GB and a game from Walmart.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

You know what else annoys me? I also realized this today.

I went onto PSN to check some PSP games that I would play on the Vita and I am convinced Sony is retarded and don't know how to do shit right.

Why the hell is Jeanne D'Arc $9.99 at Gamestop, meanwhile the digital version is $23? Why is FFIV Complete Collection $20 at Walmart and Gamestop but $30 on PSN?

Seriously Sony... they don't know how to do Digital Distribution for shit,,, What a bunch of tools.

That kind of shit pisses me off too.

Save $5 if you buy Uncharted digital? Yeah right... for $5 more I can sell the game if I want. For $5 less you are shit out of luck if you don't like the game.

They need to learn a thing or two if they plan on being successful in the digital market or else they are going to hurt themselves I think.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Euphoria14 said:

I went onto PSN to check some PSP games that I would play on the Vita and I am convinced Sony is retarded and don't know how to do shit right.

Why the hell is Jeanne D'Arc $9.99 at Gamestop, meanwhile the digital version is $23? Why is FFIV Complete Collection $20 at Walmart and Gamestop but $30 on PSN?

Seriously Sony... they don't know how to do Digital Distribution for shit,,, What a bunch of tools.

Save $5 if you buy Uncharted digital? Yeah right... for $5 more I can sell the game if I want. For $5 less you are shit out of luck if you don't like the game.

They need to learn a thing or two if they plan on being successful in the digital market or else they are going to hurt themselves I think.

A year ago, I would have said that I totally agree. But at least on the European psn things have changed. I got FF 1-9 for £3.50 each. I also got Gladiator begins for about £6.50 (retail was more than £10 everywhere I looked). I also got Megaman X hunter for about £3, Monster Hunter Freedom unite for £3,99 and many other games that I don't remember right now. There've been plenty of great deals, especially during Christmas holidays.

But in general, yes they're stupid.

naruball said:
Euphoria14 said:

A year ago, I would have said that I totally agree. But at least on the European psn things have changed. I got FF 1-9 for £3.50 each. I also got Gladiator begins for about £6.50 (retail was more than £10 everywhere I looked). I also got Megaman X hunter for about £3, Monster Hunter Freedom unite for £3,99 and many other games that I don't remember right now. There've been plenty of great deals, especially during Christmas holidays.

But in general, yes they're stupid.

So maybe it is just a US thing. Wouldn't surprise me though seeing as how they keep screwing up so much stuff like the PSP-Vita program. Now they say "No, you can't get a digital version for a heavy discount, but we will let you buy an incredibly overpriced one."

Seriously, who makes these decisions?

Sigh... if only Gravity Rush wasn't pushed back to May 29th.

Currently playing:

darkknightkryta said:
Euphoria14 said:
kivi95 said:
Tridrakious said:
I don't know if this has been posted or if people even care or even noticed, but GameStop has upped the price of the Memory Cards by $5 for the 4 and 8 gig cards.

4GB - GameStop Price - $24.99 (Sony's MSRP is $19.99)
8GB - GameStop Price - $34.99 (Sony's MSRP is $29.99)

Sneaky bastards!!!One day Gamestop will hopefully die.

Noticed this the other day. I went in to change my preorder from a 16GB card to a 8GB card and a $30 game, that way I get a game and some memory and I don't have to pay any more money.

Now seeing that they are pulling this, I believe I am going to cancel my order now and when they ask me why, I will let them know that I don't like giving my money to someone who charges more than they are supposed to. The 8GB is $30 everywhere else.

Between this and the Gamestop only $10 drop on 3DS, something doesn't feel right with them and I wish to take my business elsewhere.

I think everybody should stop buying at Gamestop.  I mean, I'm not sure if they do this elsewhere, but in Canada, they mix used games with new games.  I actually think they place the used guts on top of the new.

I may have a problem with that. The only Video Game Selling store close to me is GameStop, which is 3 minutes away from my house! The other is Kmart but, I don't know if this happens elsewhere but, here in Puerto Rico, they overprice things A LOT. If I were to buy a PS3 game right now they charge me about $68.99 and a 7% TAX! THAT'S TOO DAMN PRICEY!

Around the Network

and at least the employees at my local GameStop are all gamers! They all know what they're talking about (sometimes, I end up having conversations with them about different games lol) , and there's actually hot women working there (well, just one) lol. I love my local GameStop.

Well I work at GameStop and I switch my pre-order on a 4gc card to an 8gb card because I plan on being more digital friendly than retail, but when I got home with my 8gb card (because we were selling them about two weeks ago) I was looking for the print out of my pre-orders and looked at the receipt of the transaction. On the receipt it said $34.99 and I knew that wasn't right because Sony was promoting the card as $29.99.

I looked at the cardboard slip that memory card come in and the GameStop sticker says $34.99. I asked the Senior Game Adviser of my store why it was higher than everywhere else and he said that "no one notices but you" and that "it was Sony's fault". I asked him what he meant and he changed the subject.

There are some great people I work with, but the corporate side of GameStop has fucked over the business. I wish I could have some time to talk with the higher ups and figure some of this crap out. I was told by the same person that if anyone asks, I'm suppose to act like it's something Sony is forcing the stores to do. I do not believe that one bit.

Euphoria14 said:

I think Jeanne D'Arc is a title that just got lost on the store. Sony has been very good with the price updates and doing sales on games over the last year or two.

I doubt many people are looking for the game and when they see that price, they lose interest and don't say anything. So I just believe that with how much content is now on the site from back when Jeanne was first added it's a case of Sony having to find it and since no one is really concerned with it, they just keep it there.

Kinda lazy I know, but it's a title from the earlier days of the PSP and was one of the first games added to the PStore when that came to PSP back in 2008 I believe.

I sometimes wonder why Birth By Sleep isn't on PSN. Is it that diffcult to put it on there?

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

nah I think it's cuz square are being idiots

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!