By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577

People love Trials HD and Trials Evolution. If you don’t know them, the Trials games are dirt bike titles from Finnish developer RedLynx where you ride across a 2D plane and try to set high scores and beat set times. Trouble is, Microsoft publishes Trials, so it’s never coming to the PlayStation. Polish developer Tate Interactive is basically saying “screw that.” Urban Trial Freestyle is coming to the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita next month, and for all intents and purposes, it’s Trials HD.

That’s a good thing.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/21/urban-trial-freestyle-is-pretty-much-trials-hd

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
SCEE having a Final Fantasy sale, PS1 and PSP titles.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/01/21/huge-final-fantasy-sale-starts-on-playstation-store-this-week/#more-107757

The multiples of Dissidia confuse me.

Fucking score.  So glad I held off on buying Dissidia Duodecim.  Might pick up some of that other stuff too, awesome news.

forevercloud3000 said:

Just for study and speculation purposes, I thought it would be key to take a look at what were the top selling games for PSP.....

1. GTA Liberty City = 7.46mill

2. Monster Hunter Freedom Unite = 5.35mill

3. Monster Hunter Freedom 3 = 4.82mill

4. GTA Vice City = 4.75mill

5. Daxter = 4.06mill

6. Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters = 3.64mill

7. Midnight Club:DUB Edition = 3.57mill

8. God of War:Chains of Olympus = 3.09mill

9. Crisis Core: FFVII = 3.06mill

10. Gran Turismo = 2.91mill

Medal of Honor Heroes, Tekken Dark Resurrection, LBP, Dissidia FF, COD, KH BBS, MGS PW all sold in the 2mills or around it as well.

Problem is, a lot of these franchises had their "day in the sun" during the 2000's and are less relevant now.  Medal of Honor, Tekken, Midnight Club, Daxter & Ratchet would all be really awesome to have on Vita, but they wouldn't have even close to the impact they had on PSP.

Sony need to be developing a Gran Turismo and make bloody sure they lock down Grand Theft Auto more than anything right now.  Another Metal Gear Solid would be a bonus if they could get that.  Kojima does love Sony, so you never know.

http://www.shopto.net/psp/PSPVNI02-ninja-gaiden-sigma-plus-2

A good price for Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus 2 which is released next month. Amazon are currently asking for £35.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

ROBOTECHHEAVEN said:
@teflon02, i want my damn : legend of dragoon to work on my vita. damn sony, its a great rpg and its there own and they dont make it available to work by now is a disgrace i think.

I have Legend of Dragoon on my vita...is it a regional thing?(live in the NA)

Around the Network
forevercloud3000 said:

Just for study and speculation purposes, I thought it would be key to take a look at what were the top selling games for PSP.....

5. Daxter = 4.06mill

Medal of Honor Heroes, Tekken Dark Resurrection, LBP, Dissidia FF, COD, KH BBS, MGS PW all sold in the 2mills or around it as well.

GTA needs to be the next Big franchise to reimagine for Vita. Seeing as the Vita is perfectly relatable when it comes to game engines, maybe we could get a GTA offshoot from GTAV, something like BOGT was new yet refreshing from the IV engine.

MH or a MH-esque game is of course essential. They need to push Soul Sacrifice like the system is riding on it......cuz it sorta is.

I also think this proves Sony's 1st Party franchise can and are popular even on portable. GoW, LBP,and GT are some of the system's best selling. I still feel like LBP Vita was totally misshandled and a missed opportunity.

Sorry to be that guy, but nearly all of the 1st party games up there only made it because of bundles Daxter was close to 1 mil before and Chains was slightly over 1 mill.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Kresnik said:
forevercloud3000 said:

5. Daxter = 4.06mill

Problem is, a lot of these franchises had their "day in the sun" during the 2000's and are less relevant now.  Medal of Honor, Tekken, Midnight Club, Daxter & Ratchet would all be really awesome to have on Vita, but they wouldn't have even close to the impact they had on PSP.

Sony need to be developing a Gran Turismo and make bloody sure they lock down Grand Theft Auto more than anything right now.  Another Metal Gear Solid would be a bonus if they could get that.  Kojima does love Sony, so you never know.

Some of them are, but the relavance of certain franchises and/or genre are whats important. GTA is assuredly still important. As is any SE/FF title. And like I said, to forget the MH crowd.

What this means to me is that a key component to breathing some life into the Vita's library is Open World Action, Collectathons, RPGs, and any hybrid in between. I wonder if Sony has even attempted to research what does well in the portable market, especially on their own console's predecessors. How they allowed MH to slip from their grasp is embarrassing to say the least.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Sony really need to go for Grand Theft Auto. Maybe a side story to GTAV to come out for Christmas would be a good route to go. Though I doubt they could pull it off.

If Gran Turismo isn't in development, then Sony really are sending Vita to die.

I see Legends of War has now got a confirmed release date of March 8th in Europe. At least the release schedule is starting to pad out quite nicely. PQube are really supporting Vita well, I kinda feel bad for their games being too low down my priority list to have bought them yet. Do want to get Mud and WRC3 though.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

outlawauron said:
forevercloud3000 said:

5. Daxter = 4.06mill

GTA needs to be the next Big franchise to reimagine for Vita. Seeing as the Vita is perfectly relatable when it comes to game engines, maybe we could get a GTA offshoot from GTAV, something like BOGT was new yet refreshing from the IV engine.

MH or a MH-esque game is of course essential. They need to push Soul Sacrifice like the system is riding on it......cuz it sorta is.

I also think this proves Sony's 1st Party franchise can and are popular even on portable. GoW, LBP,and GT are some of the system's best selling. I still feel like LBP Vita was totally misshandled and a missed opportunity.

Sorry to be that guy, but nearly all of the 1st party games up there only made it because of bundles Daxter was close to 1 mil before and Chains was slightly over 1 mill.

is that somehow a bad thing? The idea of a bundle is that combining products together allow them to give each other value. A developer is still compensated for  bundle game's sale so its still valid. When I worked at retail, there were several bundles Sony had, the most popular by a mile was still the Daxter one. Consumers recognized him from Jak and wanted it for the value as well as the game. So in essense it was what is known as  a "System Seller".

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

ivanpgcs said:

People love Trials HD and Trials Evolution. If you don’t know them, the Trials games are dirt bike titles from Finnish developer RedLynx where you ride across a 2D plane and try to set high scores and beat set times. Trouble is, Microsoft publishes Trials, so it’s never coming to the PlayStation. Polish developer Tate Interactive is basically saying “screw that.” Urban Trial Freestyle is coming to the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita next month, and for all intents and purposes, it’s Trials HD.

That’s a good thing.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/21/urban-trial-freestyle-is-pretty-much-trials-hd

Yay! First Polish game on Vita! :) I'm happy. Now bring us Witcher 1 & 2 and maybe a Dead Island game ;)

Kresnik said:
KylieDog said:
SCEE having a Final Fantasy sale, PS1 and PSP titles.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/01/21/huge-final-fantasy-sale-starts-on-playstation-store-this-week/#more-107757

The multiples of Dissidia confuse me.

Fucking score.  So glad I held off on buying Dissidia Duodecim.  Might pick up some of that other stuff too, awesome news.

When I read this I had the song from this ad in my head:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ead_UNPpIcw

Can't wait till Wednesday. FF 6 to 9 are no-brainers for me. Which other FF games would you recommend?

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.