By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577

Unfortunately Tekken isn't a huge game as it used to be in the PS1 and even PS2 days. Tekken Tag 2 is in my opinion the best Tekken ever created next to Tekken 3 but it doesn't sell that well. So I don't think that a release on Vita will cause a big change.

For the Vita to succeed we need release dates of the major games and also the PS4 should support a standard built-in Remote Play function.

Stories unfolded with my home made rap songs. Feel free to listen here with lyrics: https://youtu.be/vyT9PbK5_T0

Around the Network

VGchartz' unofficial most anticipated vita game of 2013 gets a release date for EU and US!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/01/21/ps-vita-reels-in-lets-fish-hooked-on-february-5th-for-19-99/

PS Vita Reels in Let’s Fish! Hooked On February 5th for $19.99

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/01/21/rods-at-the-ready-lets-fish-hooked-on-release-date-confirmed/#more-107723

Launches on PSN on 30th January, priced £14.99/€19.99/AU$24.95.

elazz said:
Unfortunately Tekken isn't a huge game as it used to be in the PS1 and even PS2 days. Tekken Tag 2 is in my opinion the best Tekken ever created next to Tekken 3 but it doesn't sell that well. So I don't think that a release on Vita will cause a big change.

For the Vita to succeed we need release dates of the major games and also the PS4 should support a standard built-in Remote Play function.

Yeah! true.. tekken is not that big seller as in PS2, but still is great to have that Fighter in PSVita.. I'm still waiting KOFXIII+, GuiltyGear, the new Blazblue and a Tekken and Soul Calibur and I'll have my Fighting Heaven on Vita.. So I don't care if it move mountains of consoles from the shellf.. fighting games have'n been consoles-sellers since SFII on SNES anyway.. but the thing here is the OVERALL picture.. If you are a Fighting games fan or just someone that like fighting games Would You buy a 3DS or a PSVita with all those quality games on the genre? I would choose Vita only because the D-pad on 3DS sucks balls and hurts my thumb.. but being in Vita lready 6 great fighting games and probably more coming.. why would I choose a 3DS?

Some people don't buy a console based on a game (like MonHun, RE, COD, GTA, etc) only.. some (most I think) choose the console based on the variety of genres and the variety of games in their favrite genres...

and Tekken6 is not that good as Tekken5DR on gameplay.. but T6 is a really impresive game for a PSP.. is a great port from PS3 and it moves at 60fps.. T5DR not... thanks godness with Vita we're sure we'll have some 60fps even if it's TTT2...

BTW: great price for that Fishing game... but I'm not sure if buy it.. I was really good fisher but then I Got A Bandage on the Knee...

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

M.U.G.E.N said:

KylieDog said:

It would never be taken seriously competitively and without a scene nobody gives a crap.  Tekken 6 and TTT2 are where Tekken matters, and T6 not so much anymore.  Tekken 5 DR was also in arcades and on PS3.

lol who gives a shit if it's not taken seriously competetively? No one does for portable fighters afaik. That's not where the charm lies.

And Tekken: DR was the BEST Tekken of the gen, on both home consoles and portables. Excellent gameplay, fun mini games and fantastic new characters. 

You really are an overly negative person. Tekken is one of my (and again I'm not the only who have said this) most anticipated games for the future on vita. You know why? Because as long as it's fun and well made....that's all that matters to me. If they actually do the right moves they did with Tekken DR, it will be the best handhedl fighter available in the market

He really is, isn't he?  This is what I was trying to make known earlier, but noooo, everyone was all 'play nice!'

Anyway, What's Smart As like?  I got it at the behest of you guys, remembering you all said 'great game, not worth 30 bucks', so I picked it up for 18 at retail, will be here within the week.  What kinds of games are there on it?  how well developed is it?  etc. 

Same with Hot Shots Golf.  I like golf games but this looks more toony/arcadey, which I'll love since boring old tiger woods PGA tour 2009 or whatever is boring as sin to me.  Love the actual golfing, hate the rest. 

What are the trophy lists like on both games?  I mean, I could just google this info, but I trust you guys more andit fosters conversation.  

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Golf is great, but be ready to do a lot of grinding for Platinum.

Around the Network

Some One Piece Pirate Musou 2 images:

Here you can look that Giant legs attack from Robin.. ^^

HUMMMM:: Those New World Nami-SWAAAAN.. and Robin-Chwaaan!

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

Just for study and speculation purposes, I thought it would be key to take a look at what were the top selling games for PSP.....

1. GTA Liberty City = 7.46mill

2. Monster Hunter Freedom Unite = 5.35mill

3. Monster Hunter Freedom 3 = 4.82mill

4. GTA Vice City = 4.75mill

5. Daxter = 4.06mill

6. Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters = 3.64mill

7. Midnight Club:DUB Edition = 3.57mill

8. God of War:Chains of Olympus = 3.09mill

9. Crisis Core: FFVII = 3.06mill

10. Gran Turismo = 2.91mill

Medal of Honor Heroes, Tekken Dark Resurrection, LBP, Dissidia FF, COD, KH BBS, MGS PW all sold in the 2mills or around it as well.

GTA needs to be the next Big franchise to reimagine for Vita. Seeing as the Vita is perfectly relatable when it comes to game engines, maybe we could get a GTA offshoot from GTAV, something like BOGT was new yet refreshing from the IV engine.

MH or a MH-esque game is of course essential. They need to push Soul Sacrifice like the system is riding on it......cuz it sorta is.

I also think this proves Sony's 1st Party franchise can and are popular even on portable. GoW, LBP,and GT are some of the system's best selling. I still feel like LBP Vita was totally misshandled and a missed opportunity.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

I can see them working on GT Vita for sure. God of War PSP sold quite a bit better than i thought it did. Rest of them more or less depends on third parties.

SnakeDrake said:
@Mugen who's your main fighter. I hope its like a traditional fight cause im not a fan of tag.

Starting Tekken 6 I am a HUGE fan of Lars :D such a stylish fight style. Before him my main was Lee, fast and fun. I pretty much love a LOT of tekken characters to be perfectly honest so it depends on my mood lol Dragunov, Jin, Kazuya, Raven, King, Hwarong, love em all. Would be absolute beast on the vita thanks to the D pad! what about you?

@ils: haha sure man :P w/e you prefer. I have been called by many niks really...from dee to Ron >_> yeah no joke...Ron! haha

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

NoCtiS_NoX said:

Both tales of are not ports. They are both remakes hence the R in it.

Although I get where you are coming from but Namcobandai will have the most released game out of all the 3rd parties devs in Japan. Namcobadandai is one of the dev. that's keeping the Vita afloat in Japan.

Yeah.  Perhaps I was a little harsh on them, because PS3/PSV games still might have a market in Japan where people prefer playing on handhelds.  It's just the PSP/PSV stuff I don't understand, Vita version hardly ever sells well.

I wish they would just dedicate a few resources to making something original.  Although, Tales of Hearts R is one of the big 4 I have down for Q1 in Japan, so I'm hoping that'll do well.

Otherwise, I feel like Vita in Japan is being kept afloat by the odd random act (such as Persona 4 Golden or Hatsune Miku) and then a load of smaller devs filling the gaps, like Gust, Nihon Falcom, Kadokawa Games etc.  Namco's stuff helps a little, but it could be so much better.