By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577
brendude13 said:

Does anyone know if the more recent PS Vita's are better built than the launch models?

I have the choice between buying my friend's PS Vita second hand or getting a brand new one. His apparently has a dead pixel, a severe "mura" effect when the screen is black and squeaky shoulder buttons. Does anyone with a more recent Vita suffer from any of these problems?

Well, dead pixels suck but I haven't heard of it being common and this is the first case I've heard of a Vita having it, it is probably under warrenty for that. The mura effect might be unavoidable but it is not an issue as it is only visalbe in the dark during a completely black screen.

The original Vita's do suffer from a squeaky left trigger which can be fixed for the most part with a screw adjustment, loosen and tighten. Mine has been eliminated. My wife has a white Vita and hasn't suffered from that and it seems that the plastic that makes it feels different, but the system is essentially the same and the build quality is both excellent.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Around the Network
Chark said:

Well, dead pixels suck but I haven't heard of it being common and this is the first case I've heard of a Vita having it, it is probably under warrenty for that. The mura effect might be unavoidable but it is not an issue as it is only visalbe in the dark during a completely black screen.

The original Vita's do suffer from a squeaky left trigger which can be fixed for the most part with a screw adjustment, loosen and tighten. Mine has been eliminated. My wife has a white Vita and hasn't suffered from that and it seems that the plastic that makes it feels different, but the system is essentially the same and the build quality is both excellent.

I'll be taking a look at it Monday, could just be a stuck pixel. I'll have a look over it and check for problems, if there are any problems I should be able to send it back. Either way, I'm going to have a Vita very soon.

For anyone in the UK, Currys/PC World are having an insane fire sale on certain Vita games atm:

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/playstation-vita-games/xx_3783_31584_0_xx/1_12/price-asc/xx-criteria.html

Including:

- Rayman Origins £4.91

- Lumines £4.91

- Little Deviants £4.91

- Reality Fighters £4.91 (£2.91 if you buy online, not sure if it works with order + collect)

- WipEout 2048 £4.91 (same deal as Reality Fighters with order + collect)

Gonna see if I can hunt down a copy of Rayman Origins anywhere near me.  It's steal at that price!

Still waiting for Lumines to drop to 20 or less on US PSN. Bluddy Ubisoft

4 ≈ One

FaintZ said:

Thanks for all the responses! And yeah, I realised they are 4 complete different games and will go with 2 of them, because racing is my 2nd favourite genre (after Rpg) : Wipe Out and Sonic. I´ve tried the MS rc demo and didn´t enjoyed it to be honest.

And because they are cheaper than NFS because I didn´t like the previous NFS´s I will go with Sonic and WipeOut.

Thank you all ;)

You can't go wrong with any of them. Personally for me Sonic and NFS are the better two titles. You certainly get a lot of bang for your buck with NFS and IMO it's currently the best portable racing game of all time.

Ironically, in the UK it's also the one that has been discounted fastest. I popped it on again yesterday and am still blown away by how good it looks and how much they've managed to cram into the Vita.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network

damn Kresnik they're some good prices, I'm even willing to try Reality Fighters and Little Deviants at those prices, shame they're completely out in my area :(

MikeRox said:
FaintZ said:

Thanks for all the responses! And yeah, I realised they are 4 complete different games and will go with 2 of them, because racing is my 2nd favourite genre (after Rpg) : Wipe Out and Sonic. I´ve tried the MS rc demo and didn´t enjoyed it to be honest.

And because they are cheaper than NFS because I didn´t like the previous NFS´s I will go with Sonic and WipeOut.

Thank you all ;)

You can't go wrong with any of them. Personally for me Sonic and NFS are the better two titles. You certainly get a lot of bang for your buck with NFS and IMO it's currently the best portable racing game of all time.

Ironically, in the UK it's also the one that has been discounted fastest. I popped it on again yesterday and am still blown away by how good it looks and how much they've managed to cram into the Vita.

Thanks!Considering racing is my 2nd favourite genre I will maybe try NFS:MW too.

But actually I´m just hoping I can get this game for cheap (35€ instead of 44€ or so) because I have to pay for sooo many games atm.

damn uk is getting some mighty fine sales

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

I don't know if it's still on there, but Amazon were doing NFS for about 22.99GBP which is like 30 Euros? I'm sure they ship globally :)

M.U.G.E.N said:
damn uk is getting some mighty fine sales

Whatcoo talkin bout wills?