By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577

I know it's still not equal, but keep in mind European prices have tax included, which is usually quite high (around 15% isn't it?) while the US price is before tax.

Around the Network

No idea why people would want the 3G version to be honest. Don't any of these people have smart phones with 3G/4G plans?

Do what I am going to do for on the go gaming and browsing, just put that phone into tethering mode and connect to it's 3G connection via WiFi on the Vita.

I can't connect my Wii to the internet right now because my router uses protection that the Wii somehow is non-compatible with, so when I need any kind of internet I just place my phone into tethering mode and connect the Wii to it instead.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Aj_habfan said:
I know it's still not equal, but keep in mind European prices have tax included, which is usually quite high (around 15% isn't it?) while the US price is before tax.

ah right, i didn't thought about that. german taxes are at 19% for everything (except food and books, 7% there).

must-have-list for platforms i don't own yet:

WiiU: Donkey Kong

XBone: Dead Rising 3, Ryse

Gehirnkrampf said:

European customers getting unprivileged again.
US price for the 3G version is 300 dollars, right?
European Price is 300€, which is ~390 dollars atm. i really don't know anything about the loan niveau differences between NA and Europe, but there are huge differences within the EU countries. I.E. the average loan in germany is about 40.000€ (52000 USD) p.a., a polish worker earns around 6.500€ (8500 USD) a year.

No 32GB memory cards is a mess, too. Heck, are they so hard to produce? Ain't enough capacity on the market to produce simple flash memory? Aren't they earning a lot of money selling those overpriced stuff?

I really don't know which people decide this - in my opinion those facts will reflect in sales.

Doesn't that 300€ include tax?

The $300 price for the US model does not include tax.

So while you will be paying more overall, it is not anywhere near $80 more. Maybe more like $35-40 more.

Then remember that in European countries the games are pretty much always less than the MSRP, while in the US they are not.

It balances out i'd say.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Aj_habfan said:

Try 22-23% ;) 15% VAT would be huge price drop for many European countries.

Sad redord is IIRC 25% VAT tax over the price of goods.

So 300$+20% = 360 USD.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network

But guys were there any tests on how in reality trophies work when transferring game from one PSV to another ?

The psvita officially launched here in Hong Kong today. I visited some local retails in two different districts (not the big brands like Sony Style or HMV) and it does seem popular because i saw a huge line and a couple of crowds , however not all shops were selling it.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Zlejedi said:
But guys were there any tests on how in reality trophies work when transferring game from one PSV to another ?

If you take a Vita game, which unlocked trophies on one Vita, and stick it in another Vita, you'll have to wipe all saved data to allow trophies to be unlocked. If you don't wipe the previous saved data the trophies don't work.

Obviously this is the most sensible way to do things, otherwises my mate could spend 200 hours grinding to the top level in some JRPG, hand me the cart and give me all the trophies in like an hour. Stops people from sharing trophies which is clever enough.

pezus said:
Zlejedi said:
Aj_habfan said:

Try 22-23% ;) 15% VAT would be huge price drop for many European countries.

Sad redord is IIRC 25% VAT tax over the price of goods.

So 300$+20% = 360 USD.

Iceland has the highest VAT in Europe, which is 25.5%, and that is added ontop of the price from Sony. Another 10% tax too. It's like we're getting double-taxed 

How is it possible that VAT is counted on top of Sony recomended price of 300 euros ?

Are Sony Iceland that greedy ? Or everyone else does it same way ?

SnakeDrake said:
The psvita officially launched here in Hong Kong today. I visited some local retails in two different districts (not the big brands like Sony Style or HMV) and it does seem popular because i saw a huge line and a couple of crowds , however not all shops were selling it.

Hey thier how much do the psvitas cost in Hong Kong? Bought my ps3 1 year after the launch and got it for £185(including 2games and 2 controls).

So would imagine that they are pretty cheap over there.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1# Official Playstation Vita Thread! Come in and join!!!