By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577
nen-suer said:

I have it.....platinumed it actually since i had nothing to play on the Vita for a while.

I'm a diehard fan of the Tenchu series & liked Shinobido 1 so i gave this one a go, but it was pretty bad.....a lazy port from S1.

Awful story , loose controls and repetitive missions. It was really disappointing

I don't recommend it unless you have extra cash to spare & can find it cheap (and really like Ninjas...even if these guys don't

act like ones)

Thanks a lot for the feedback, man.  I guess I'll pass on it until I find it for the right price!

Around the Network
MikeRox said:
You guys play Dead or Alive? Ayane and kasumi are both meant to be in their mid teens and not legal.

Kasumi I believe was suppose to be 16-17 and Ayane 17-18. But hey, their ninjas, look at Naruto, his age group are 15-17 and their fighting a freaking war

The bleach dood...whats his name? is what, 16 and then 17.

Most likely coz the target readers are in that age group, you know, it being shounen and stuff.

I apologize for the horrid derailing I've done with this thread. I won't anymore, I promise.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Teflon02 said:
ils411 said:
Teflon02 said:
outlawauron said:
Teflon02 said:
That fishing game... I'll put it this way, I wouldn't be caught dead even looking at the game. I'm sure you can go to jail for putting that in a 21 year olds PS Vita and holding the case in your hand lol.
But foreal no joke, I can't believe this kinda game got any local support, seeing fishing games sell nothing and this is just a next level of weird seeing people who usually by fishing games don't watch anime, they are guys in about there 30s + who fish and relax. Lol

ಠ_ಠ

Implying this is anything worse than Fairy Tail or even somewhat sexual.

what are you implying? What's bad about Fairy Tail? Erza being the scary hot girl? Lucy Being a girl with a big bust? They are not little kids they are legal ages firstly, and anyone who knows me well enough can tell you anything past sexual parts for jokes and so on (which fairy tail does). I find annoying and a turn off for the show. My point is there is amillion fishing game options out there and a 21 year old is going to choose the one with a anime girl who looks nothing past 10 who is clearly incompetent since she has a bandade on her sock as a cover? Do they expect anyone past anime fans to be interested?

Don't really understand what your defending lol, I'm stating truth it would look so shady on a million different levels

Dont know what the beef is against this game. Its no less different than Hot Shots Golf World Invitation. Its a fishing game where your main character choices are anime inspired/based, nothing more.

If you'll notice, back when Japan pumped out a shit load of JRPGs, the main character are always, always undraged/ in their early to midteans. It even holds true for anime/manga. Take Fairy tail for example, Erza is what, 18? Lucy is 17, MIra Jane is 18, Natsu is 17 and so is Grey. Oldest one is probably Laxus who is 21-23..cant remember. Even Naruto is what, 16 post time skip? Dont even get me started with Gundam and its many iterations. 

Point is, if you're 21 and this doesn't appeal to you, chances are, you're not its target market. Most likely, this game is geared towards young japanese teens.

As for the "people who buy fishing games", I'm 100% sure that a lot of people who bought Hot Shots Golf don't even play golf. Same goes for fishing, not all people who play fishing games actually go out fishing. Think Zelda OoT and its fishing game, also breath of fire 3, and a lot of games with fishing mini games.

edit: Also, Fairy Tail is, if i'm not mistaken, also categorized as a echi....sooooo...yeah..

I don't know what echi is firstly, I'm not into the segregation on cultures so I don't use japanese terms to categorize. Now you must be talking about the manga I DO NOT READ. I watch the anime, you clearly haven't watched it if you really think there is a issue. Now RPGs, ask me how many RPGs do I play with a girl who looks 10 on the cover? None. I've played alot of RPGs and not one has this. 

Also how I know you know nothing about Fairy Tail. It was NEVER stated how old Natsu is firstly. And now also everyone there you named is withing legal age for a 21 year old in Canada (Where I am). Where 5 years younger is the limit as in its legal for a 16 year old to date a 21 year old. I wouldn't though of course. 

Also my point isn't them making this game but what IS the point of this game outside japan? There is no market for this, the fishing game market has nobody but the older people who like fishing (who couldn't want this over the other fishing games). This is tailored to ONLY be possibly making a profet in japan. You ignored the whole point of what I said. 

Now a few things to note, since you don't know fairy tail but mention it.

1. The show for Fairy Tail was no where near a issue, it isn't even what you'd expect from japan, the way they make shows perverted, they've had so many openings for it but don't take it. No one is tripping over Lucy's boob size. Erza is grown and shes made to be extremely sexy when she wants to be, but shes usually serious and apart from I believe the Nurse scene where she dresses up as a sexy nurse and tells the guys she'll take care of em, nothing can even be said to be remotely bad, seeing they don't strip etc. Except for grey of course but in the show its only to his boxers.

2. In Japan from what I know your legal at age 16. Which explains anyone under 18 you referenced.

Like I said I'm stating factual things. Fairy Tails my fav Anime so you might as well drop it, you can't win. They toaned down the show to show no blood, I'm sure pervertedness isn't a issue.

Hell yesterday they were at the beach and the show, shows that lucy has big boobs but that it, it didn't even do the "wow!!" like it did Erza that one time. Which means they arnt doing anything perverted, if you know the show well.

Now to people about wendy, Wendy has never been shown sexually in the anime, closest was when Erza forced her and Cana to move there hips back and forth with her while she was doing it, and Erza was the attention. Even then what is there about Wendy? Her selfesteem? She is a little girl who wants to grow uo fast. In the show it has never shown her as slack.

At bolded parts, dear me...jumbing to conclusions I see. Lucy is 17 and is younger than Erza who is about 18 who is about the same age as Mira Jane who is 18 who is older than Grey who is about Lucy's age who is about Natsu's age, hence, Natsu is probably 17. And yes, their age group is between 16-18 which was mentioned by Lucy. As Lucy even stated that Cana was the oldest in their age group, who would be around 18.

As for the beach thingy, i'm guesting you're reffering to the tower of heaven arc where team Natsu were given tickets by Leo and went to this beach resort. Don't know where you're at watching your "favorite anime" so, I wont go into detail so as avoid spoilers, but if you'd like to push the issue that I dont know fairy tail, I can go on a very lengthy post from the start up to the current arc which is the grand magic games arc...and yes, the latest and on going arc is the grand magic arc and not that clock thingy filler arc.

As for Fairy Tail being sexual, who said it was? the comparison was made to Fairy Tail to show that the lets go fish game is no more sexual as Fairy Tail. Meaning, it isnt. Everyone here is making fun of the bandage on the sock coz, its really stupid, but youre the only one here saying that the game is "sexualized" and stuff.

And the point of this game "out side" Japan is the same point that Bleach, Naruto, Fairy Tail, Ranma 1/2, Sailormoon, Gundam, Pokemon, Dragnball, Dragonball Z, Yuyu hakusho (Ghost Fighter), Ruronin Kenshin (Samurai X), Ghost in the Shell, Evangelion, and every other anime made it outside of Japan. And that point is that there is a market for anime and anime based games outside japan. Stop actiong like you are the rest of the world as you are not. You're not the only person in this planet and your taste or preference does not translate to everyone else's.

outlawauron said:
I apologize for the horrid derailing I've done with this thread. I won't anymore, I promise.

awwww....what will I do if you dont start the derailing? I'm not gonna start it, I like lengthenging it but starting it? thats your job

Around the Network

Now, back on track..not sure if already posted, but XSEED has mentioned that Ragnarok Odyssey will be "digitally distributed" by GungHo in Europe. Not sure what they mean, could be that it will also be available via PSN or it could be that it will be PSN only.

"We don’t have the rights to the European version, but GungHo America does, and they’ll be releasing it digitally in Europe!"

http://thesilentchief.com/2012/10/05/digital-release-for-ragnarok-odyssey-in-europe/

Since GungHo is aiming to release it before the end of the year, then it could very well be true that it will be PSN only. The Japan version is roughly 1.5GB, sooooo.... not that big.

Here's hoping that Ragnarok Odyssey makes it out to Europe before the year ends.

pezus said:

Anyone heard the final boss theme yet (PSAS:BR)?

Doesn't work embedded :(

Anyway, that's the TGS trailer theme that they used!  Ace, it's a pretty epic song.

I haven't really given any thought as to who the final boss is going to be.  Everyone keeps saying Polygon man, but he genuinely means nothing to me.  I have never lived in America and so never got to see that advertising campaign.

I can't see it being a boss from a singular game either, the Playstation brand has spanned so much more than just one franchise.  

I am genuinely really intrigued with what they include.

Aside from that, this got me that little bit more hyped for the game :D  Does anyone know when the beta is coming to PS3 non-plus members?  I'm itching to play it. 

Kresnik said:
Oh also, article about Persona sales, including Golden:

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/10/19/persona-4-arena-sales-surpassed-expectations-golden-sales-also-strong/

"Index Corporation reported sales numbers for Persona 4: Golden and the PlayStation Vita port sold 260,000 units in Japan since it was released on June 14."

We have it at 226,000 sold. I'm unsure whether the figures are shipped or sold to consumers (I guess shipped), but still, good news all round :)

Probably are 226k plus digital sells...and seems than on America will be arround 150k first week so 250k arround some six month later aren't impossible... This title could even be the first Million seller.. if COD or Assasin's creed don't make it first...

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

DemoniOtaku said:

Probably are 226k plus digital sells...and seems than on America will be arround 150k first week so 250k arround some six month later aren't impossible... This title could even be the first Million seller.. if COD or Assasin's creed don't make it first...

I think Uncharted is going to be the first million seller.  Nothing else is coming close at the minute.  Persona 4 will do a good half-a-million and Assassin's Creed might pull in some decent numbers, but they're both going to have to sell for quite prolonged periods to get anywhere near Uncharted.

SnakeDrake said:
MikeRox said:
You guys play Dead or Alive? Ayane and kasumi are both meant to be in their mid teens and not legal.

Now thats extreme XD 

Anyways there are a few characters in Tekken as well ;)

Xiaouyu was 15 when she was introduced... Jin Kazama 16 and Hwoarang 17... Forest Law 18... Asuka was 16 too and now is 18...

On DOA Kasumi and Ayana are 17 both now but were 15 when introduced on the first DOA.. Tina was 17..End the more extreme case is Athena from King of Fighters serie.. on the first KOF she was 15... but arround 12 entries more she's still wearing Highschool outfit... Eternal youth! Well, she's a idol... eternally fithteen

But, what is illegal about characters being under 18 years old on a game? Is not like they are having implicit or explicit sex... Making youngs and appealing characers is what I like about Japanese entertainment industry...

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread