By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577
warhalohog said:
just wondering who else would of rather activision had just ported over one of the other call of duty titles instead of this half arsed version. I mean modern warfare one with trophies and multiplayer would have been awesome

Honestly I think COD Black Ops 1 port with added content and Vita specific features would have been best. The game would have been cheap to port so it could sell for $40. In addition it would play just as good as console COD games and show people the FPS potential. It wouldn't sell systems, but I'm not too sure this will either.

And I got my Uncharted Vita plat!

Around the Network

I just lost my Vita ....

Well, not really, my 5 yr old son has taken a liking to it and I haven't played with it in days

I'm considering on getting another one so we can play together, but I though, hey why not just get a 3Ds so I dont miss out on anything. But then, I passed through my local gamestore and took a look at the 3Ds available game line up (which was at least twice the number of what's available for the vita) and the only games that I would consider buying was tales of the abyss, then I went online and looked at whats in store for october annnnddd..... nothing...

The Vita gets crucified for "not having games" and yet its got lots of games available now and releasing from now till the end of the year. The 3Ds has got nothing and it gets a free pass (well, its getting a bunch of whatever crap games).

Double standards for the win.

I bought Super Crate Box and Aqua Kitty

Both OK. Price is a bit too high (7€ in total). Super Crate Box is addictive, but not very rewarding. Aqua Kitty is fun, simple shooter but with cool graphics.

I hope PSM will be a success. Is Sony really just charging these 99 Dollars per year? I'd say they should receive a percentage value.

Bring more Indie games to my vita, that is what i want. Give me Dustforce, Super Meatball Thingy, all these games. But i doubt because: They'd needed to be recoded just for the Vita. Seriously, all the other PSM certified devices are... Android devices, right?

must-have-list for platforms i don't own yet:

WiiU: Donkey Kong

XBone: Dead Rising 3, Ryse

ils411 said:
I just lost my Vita ....

Well, not really, my 5 yr old son has taken a liking to it and I haven't played with it in days

I'm considering on getting another one so we can play together, but I though, hey why not just get a 3Ds so I dont miss out on anything. But then, I passed through my local gamestore and took a look at the 3Ds available game line up (which was at least twice the number of what's available for the vita) and the only games that I would consider buying was tales of the abyss, then I went online and looked at whats in store for october annnnddd..... nothing...

The Vita gets crucified for "not having games" and yet its got lots of games available now and releasing from now till the end of the year. The 3Ds has got nothing and it gets a free pass (well, its getting a bunch of whatever crap games).

That's not entirely true.  I mean, the 3DS has had twice as long to get where it is and doesn't even have as many good games as the Vita, but it does have some reall awesome games.  two Mario Platformers, Mariokart, Ocarina of Time 3D, Resident Evil Revelations, Kid Icarus, Theatrhythm, Kingdom Hearts 3D, and Star Fox 3D.  It's got good games, but I don't see why people say it has some fantastic lineup and the Vita's sucks. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Gehirnkrampf said:

Both OK. Price is a bit too high (7€ in total). Super Crate Box is addictive, but not very rewarding. Aqua Kitty is fun, simple shooter but with cool graphics.

I hope PSM will be a success. Is Sony really just charging these 99 Dollars per year? I'd say they should receive a percentage value.

Bring more Indie games to my vita, that is what i want. Give me Dustforce, Super Meatball Thingy, all these games. But i doubt because: They'd needed to be recoded just for the Vita. Seriously, all the other PSM certified devices are... Android devices, right?

I'm sure they're getting a cut on sales. The 99 bucks is for the development kit or something.

Sony should try and get a shit load of developers on board so that they'll make money on the rentals, plus more developers = more games and apps = more potential for sales = more profit which would help sony get out of the red.

Around the Network
ils411 said:
Gehirnkrampf said:

I'm sure they're getting a cut on sales. The 99 bucks is for the development kit or something.

Sony should try and get a shit load of developers on board so that they'll make money on the rentals, plus more developers = more games and apps = more potential for sales = more profit which would help sony get out of the red.

As far as i know, the SDK (development kit) is free to use. I have installed the beta, wanted to try some things (im a programmer, but a lazy one).

You can develop for free but if you want to sell it on the store you'll be charged with the 99 dollars per year. Imho this is a cheap way for indie developers to publish their games. If sony doesn't charge additional fees, a game like for example Super Crate Box turns in this money with 30 Downloads.

Well, maybe i should start my game. I have a very great idea, but im not skilled in game development. I work as a Programmer for Audi, i do coding, concepts, deployment, 3rd Level Support and sometimes i do architecture stuff. But, game development is a whole new world, and i just feel as stupid as everyone else.

must-have-list for platforms i don't own yet:

WiiU: Donkey Kong

XBone: Dead Rising 3, Ryse

Runa216 said:
ils411 said:
I just lost my Vita ....

That's not entirely true.  I mean, the 3DS has had twice as long to get where it is and doesn't even have as many good games as the Vita, but it does have some reall awesome games.  two Mario Platformers, Mariokart, Ocarina of Time 3D, Resident Evil Revelations, Kid Icarus, Theatrhythm, Kingdom Hearts 3D, and Star Fox 3D.  It's got good games, but I don't see why people say it has some fantastic lineup and the Vita's sucks. 

I know its got some good games out but...

I dont care for Mario or any of his games. He can go jump into a hole in the ground for all I care. I've already played and finished Ocarina of Time 3D, Resident Evil the Mercenaries, DOA Dimensions and SSFIV when I use to have a 3Ds. Star Fox 3D isnt worht it for me with it being a direct port of the N64 version, Resident Evil needs the circle pad to make it more enjoyable, Kid Icarus is ackward to control and needs the stupid stand and I never liked Kingdom Hearts and I'm not really into rythm games.

So in the end, its all subjective and base on people's preferences, and it all boils down to

Tales of the Abyss, Tekken 3Ds annnddd Code of Princes (maybe) VS Assassins Creed III, SF VS Tekken, Jet Set Radio (maybe), Persona 4 (a must have!), Little Big Planet Vita aannnnddd PS+ (maybe if i can find some place to buy a ps+ card).

So, yeah, Vita's line up is more appealing to me. And like I said, the 3Ds future line up sucks when compared to what the Vita is getting and yet, Vita is crucified!

Haters gonna hate!

PS. I'd like to own both systems someday, hopefully I can earn my second degree come end of semester so I can get a job and earn lots of money coz you know, double degree holders > single degree holders > collage level > highschool diploma

Gehirnkrampf said:
ils411 said:
Gehirnkrampf said:

As far as i know, the SDK (development kit) is free to use. I have installed the beta, wanted to try some things (im a programmer, but a lazy one).

You can develop for free but if you want to sell it on the store you'll be charged with the 99 dollars per year. Imho this is a cheap way for indie developers to publish their games. If sony doesn't charge additional fees, a game like for example Super Crate Box turns in this money with 30 Downloads.

Well, maybe i should start my game. I have a very great idea, but im not skilled in game development. I work as a Programmer for Audi, i do coding, concepts, deployment, 3rd Level Support and sometimes i do architecture stuff. But, game development is a whole new world, and i just feel as stupid as everyone else.

Ah, my mistake, but still, 99 dollars per year to get your games on PSM and accessed by hunderds and thousands if not millions of users who might buy it is a good deal.

But I'm guessing that Sony will still be getting a portion of the sales.

As for feeling stupid, at least you're a programer. I on the otherhand would like to try and develop games too but have zero programing skillz! If you feel stupid, then I feel like a complete moron

1500 pages!

Hey guys, just saw a petiton on GAF to bring a Resident Evil to PS Vita. I will sign it, hopefully more people will to:

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/460/650/197/resident-evil-for-ps-vita/