By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577
Kresnik said:
Oh, also, did you see the Japan sales thread?

I mean, not fantastic news for Vita hardware sales, no. But Ys Celceta and EDF 3 pulled quite respectable numbers (especially Ys, which was a higher first week than Ys 7 on the PSP!)

Fairly encouraging in any case. I hope Ys gets localised, the trailer for it looks pretty sweet

I could definitely get on board with that!

Wow that looks pretty good. What's there to it besides fighting and that puzzle? How's the story, conversation, world, cities, and side quests. I missed out on the JRPGS of the PSP and the PSone era was my favorite time for gaming, so many good RPGS. So you known my favorites are FF 7-10, Suikeden 2, Lunar Silver Star Story Complete, Wild Arms, Legend of Dragoon, and Chrono Trigger/Cross. With such poor JRPG intergration this gen I've stayed away from a lot of titles for fear that they are trying to hard to be "japanese quirky" instead of serious titles. It's the same with anime really, way too many poorly done bad shows not enough Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, Gundam Wing, or Death Note.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Around the Network

So guys the director of Final Fantasy type 0 says he would like to make a game for the vita. I'd like for him to put type 0 on vita but I'd settle for a new title ;)

Here a link to the article
http://gematsu.com/2012/10/final-fantasy-type-0-director-wants-to-make-ps-vita-game

Chark said:

Wow that looks pretty good. What's there to it besides fighting and that puzzle? How's the story, conversation, world, cities, and side quests.

I'm probably the wrong person to ask since I've only played Ys: Origin (the PC version).

But my understanding of it is that the series as a whole is very much traditional action-RPG.  Some dungeon crawling, some exploring cities, some side quests and all that.  Ys has a very time & skilled based combat system that's a lot of fun, and the boss fights (at least in Origin) were always awesome.

As for the story, I'm not entirely sure what Ys' story is.  I think each one is separate.  But if not, this is the fourth game in the series, and you can buy 1 - 3, 6 & 7 on PSN (at least in EU).  So it might be worth looking into if you're a fan of JRPG's :)

Kresnik said:
MikeRox said:

I think you might want to buy it sooner rather than later. I've not seen a single high street retailer stocking the title yet. The last game like that was Cave Story 3D which is now worth about 50% more than the original £30 retail.

That said, the fact that it will always be available via PSN may mean that the retail copies aren't as sought after. I notice Katamari is still readily available for a reasonable price and I've never seen that available in a high street retailer.

But welcome to the Physical Vita club! I buy everything that gets a card release physically. Changing cards may be a chore at times, but it's nice to be able to offload them should you feel the need and I kind of like the ownership aspect, especially for something costing £40!

Definitely.  Even now, I do prefer physically owning my games wherever possible.  I'm not quite sure what it is.  Collecting maybe?

I think I will take your advice and buy it soon, though.  I might wait a week or two just to see if it changes price and then I'll buy :)

If you don't mind me asking, how much of a hassle is it switching Vita cards?

I buy physical because I can't afford not to. It has nothing to do with collection anymore, digital provides the best mode for collecting games. They are tied to your account giving you essentially limitless quanitites. Physically I am able to sell my games when finished, even though it kills me I am under the burden of student debt. Hopefully that changes soon. People make a big deal about digital, but I see it as an enhancement of ownership. I think it must be all of the Steam users who get shafted via online activiation. PSN though, that's ownership. Think about all the digital PSP games someone could have bought last gen, they can play them on Vita. That's ingrained backwards compatibiilty and as long as you hold an account you have access to whenever you want.

I will look at buying a digital title when I know I want to keep it forever and not sell it. A physical title, means far less to me now. Back years ago a physical copy meant something because digital didn't exist. Take FF7 for instance. It was selling for $140 at a local gamestore. I had my copy until someone stole it, so pissed. Anyway, after it released on PSN for $10 the price of the physical copy shot down to $20-40 relatively quickly. Same goes for all physical games, they are finite and no longer the only means of aquiring.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

ikol said:
So guys the director of Final Fantasy type 0 says he would like to make a game for the vita. I'd like for him to put type 0 on vita but I'd settle for a new title ;)

Here a link to the article
http://gematsu.com/2012/10/final-fantasy-type-0-director-wants-to-make-ps-vita-game

Excellent, excellent news.  A new Final Fantasy specific to Vita would be awesome.

But seriously, they need to get Type-0 to the West.  Soon.  Just port it to Vita already, c'mon!

Around the Network

Tomba is finally here for EU ps3/psvita owners! Though for the moment it doesn't work on psvita and I don't know what to do :(

M.U.G.E.N said:
arcane_chaos said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
arcane_chaos said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
arcane_chaos said:
tried PSASBR for the first time today...LOVED IT!!!! cannot wait to get my hands on it

phew FINALLY! :D where did you play it? If it was at a store then you most probably had a chance to play as characters not available in the beta..NEED IMPRESSIONS!

it was in a store, but I don't think it was any different from the beta, there were only 4 character Kratos, Pa rappa, Jak, and Big Daddy

aah see..I KNEW it! we didn't get big daddy or Jak in either beta! Did u get to play as them?

played as bid daddy once and my friend played as Jak, Big daddy is HUGE! his attacks are slow yet poweful, he'll knock you across the the map,he has a drill thrusts, a shoulder sweep, and a grab and punch, and since he is so big when you use his speacials you best watch out,(only did a one level speacial) as for Jak, his playstle is okay but didn't like it, Jak consists of very close combat, he has a stun gu, this shot missle like weapon, and I believe a staff.

but at the end of the day....LOVED ME SOME KRATOS!!!

excellent! I really wanna try Big Daddy out...he looks like a lot of fun to play as..I'm more of a close range fighter so I might like Jak also

yep Kratos is ace! I absolutely hate his lvl 2 tho...I find it to be absolutely useless compared to most other lvl 2s. But he is the easiest to start playing as because if you have any GOW game he will feel so natural. In the beta's I always mained either Kratos or Sly! So much fun

oh and Sly had the BEST Taunt! did you try any of the taunts out? And did you get to use lvl 2 for Jak? I'm curious about the range of that attack

on a different note: so I find myself having an argument where I am trying to point out how franchises like Ape Escape and Sly etc are important iconic franchises to PS.....why the fuck am I even on this site? :S

oh and does anyone wanna try being writers for the new site? Nothing major..just news articles and maybe some reviews. We just want everyone to have fun with the new place as possible

@bolded: Really, I loved his lvl 2 speacial, I got all three other players with it. but you're right playing with Kratos does feel so natural, as for jak, I think his level 2 special consists of him jumping in the air with the stun gun then slamming down on them.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/10/03/call-of-duty-black-ops-declassified-be-skeptical

Aaaaand a slightly less positive look at Black Ops: Declassified.

Kresnik said:

If you don't mind me asking, how much of a hassle is it switching Vita cards?

Non really, it's just popping one out of the system and putting a new one in. You do need to Power Off the console before changing though which is where it might be a hassle for some people.

I'm doing the same as you. Holding fire slightly to avoid the whole paying full price for it to be reduced a week later, but I dont get the hate over $39.99 for the game in the US. The Wii ver was one of this generation's (inc PS3/360) best games. I can't wait to get the Vita ver which is meant to be improved in every way. It's almost enough to make me wish I wasn't saving for a wedding next year. Luckily I'm selling all my 3DS stuff so I should be able to get NLKS as well as NFS:MW and WRC3 :D

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

JoeTheBro said:
ils411 said:
PSP CFW for Vita released by total noob...dundundun

An emulator running on an emulator! crazy!

Also, the game in question needed for the exploit is Ubrbanix minis...word is, it works for the EU version but not for the NA version, but who knows.

Hey, Sony! you reading this? time to pull out the game from the PSN store!

I'm all for homebrew, but all this will do is make PSP ISO piracy rampant on the Vita

Source: http://wololo.net/2012/10/03/release-6-60-tn-a-cfe-custom-firmware-psp-for-the-ps-vita-by-total_noob/comment-page-1/#comments

Don't worry. In order for anything to come from this hackers need kernal access. Sony learned a lot from the PSP and made it physically impossible to get that deep. PSP hacks, emulators, and everything else will slowly find there way onto vita but they are boxed within the Vita's PSP emulation. When I first read articles saying Vita was hacked everyone on GAF was shouting YES!!! and VITA IS SAVED!!! because they all wanted to play NES games on it, right... On a side note PS Mobile allows the Vita to legally do NES emulation but whatever.

Anyway I'd love to write for the site. We need reviews on every game we can and I'd love to be a part of it.

According to whats going around the hacking sceen, the "psp cfw" for vita has some sort of kurnel access and its possible to launch psp iso games..

I'm not gonna lie, I've used cfws on my psps since the psp1000s and free game is awesome! I'm 100% sure that everyone and their grandmas who are saying that "oh but I just want homebrew and snes emus and genesis emus and such" are lying through their teeths. They will put psp isos on their Vitas.

The difference between then and now is that I've already bought Crimson Gem Saga, Persona 3, GTA Liberty City Stories, Power Stone Collection, KOF95 and FF Disidia (or whatever its spelled) from PSN and IT IS AWESOME to see those nice little Icons on my Vita and am not about to start putting shit on it. Plus I'm loving PSN

Also I have a psp with cfw now (well my son does) and......