By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577

Also, an interview with Shuhei Yoshida about convincing developers to work for PS Vita:

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/178437/PlayStation_Vitas_biggest_challenge_Convincing_developers.php#.UGX5Uq4XuuJ

I really like the guy. He seems totally legitimate and honest whenever he speaks, and the fact he engages in Sony games (i.e. Sound Shapes) I think is great too.

About the article - it's certainly interesting to hear him talk about the Vita. In all honesty, it's not really sounding too great at the moment. Things like:

"Yoshida said Vita will become an attractive platform "when we are able to define what PS Vita is." He said Sony needs to show third parties what Vita players buy, and what kind of games work best on the platform. At that point, Sony will be able to entice more developers to support the handheld."

Make sense though. If Sony can show that Vita is a viable platform for shooters like Uncharted or action games like Assassin's Creed, then it may get more people on board. I think they really need to get pushing to show Japanese developers that their RPG's sell well on the platform (use Persona 4 as an example) to help get a better footing in that market.

But yeah, interesting stuff.

Around the Network

Very interesting. There seems to be a lot more indie interest in the platform than I would have expected. You've also got much stronger commitment from the likes of PQube (MUD/WRC3) than most platforms in Vita's position would get. Big third parties not being prominent on the platform could benefit it from this perspective. It kinda reminds me of the Dreamcast in that regard.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Kresnik said:
I hate to be the bringer of bad news (although, is this really news?), but have any of you read the latest article on the front page:

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/250432/ex-codemasters-execs-to-run-sega-hardlight-studio/

In there:

"Sega Hardlight is based in Solihull, England. The new studio will be focusing on the development mobile titles for smartphones such as Android, iOS and Windows Phone. The studios PlayStation Vita title has been put on hold while the studio figures "out the best way to bring it to market," according to Lenton. "

I mean, if it was another Sega Rally game, meh. But I do wonder what it was that has been put on hold, and it's not very promising news to hear =/

Work with Sony and bring it exclusively to PSN (exclusively as in no retail release)

to someone who asked about new character reveals over at the psblog post..they said 'stay tuned'

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

what about www.vgvita.com?

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Around the Network

Good suggestion! I don't see the need for a slick name. Just something functional and vgvita works great!

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

badgenome said:
SunofKratos said:
Heay guys. What vita game is this.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/閃乱カグラ-SHINOVI-VERSUS--少女達の証明--にゅうにゅうDXパック/dp/B009HO9326/ref=zg_bs_2280006051_1

Never heard about it. Was this anounced durng tokio game show?

It's this. And yeah, it was announced at TGS.

The hell havn't I heard of this game before O.O!  Badgenome you've failed me!!!!!!

darkknightkryta said:
rutea7 said:
Runa216 said:
rutea7 said:
sooooooooooooooo... sigh, i need to put some money aside for ragnarok odyssey.

we can totally play together!  you're in Canada, right?  (not that it matters, but closer means less BS when trying to hook up online)

no runa, i'm in portugal. but yeah we can totally play together.

It's okay Runa you still have me =D, and Lady Umbra.

yeah, we have got to figure out how we're gonna do things.  I need 3 allies to play through the game and can keep a relatively steady schedule that lines up with my own so we can go through the whole game together for review purposes.  I'm having issues with my brother, who is s upposed to be playing Borderlands 2 Co Op with me but always finds excuses why he can't, then bitches when I tell him I'm going ahead without him.  

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:

yeah, we have got to figure out how we're gonna do things.  I need 3 allies to play through the game and can keep a relatively steady schedule that lines up with my own so we can go through the whole game together for review purposes.  I'm having issues with my brother, who is s upposed to be playing Borderlands 2 Co Op with me but always finds excuses why he can't, then bitches when I tell him I'm going ahead without him.  

Yeah I hear him. I've been finding excuses to not play Darksiders, and that's a single player game!    But yeah we'll figure it out.  Maybe we can meet up at the new Silver Snail Cafe they're openning up.

Chark said:
The problem with EatAVita, GrabAVita, GetAVita, ScrewAVita, WhateverAVita, is that it is not a site name!

It comes off as pathetic and doesn't sound very good. Say the name outloud, ask a random person which sounds better, EatAVita.com or VitaChamber.com, VitaChamber will win hands down. It actually sounds like a place, a destination, which is what a website is.

The difference between the two is the difference between VGChartz.com and LookAtVGSales.com

I know we want people to get Vita's, but it's not the purpose of the site and it isn't a task it would be able to accomplish. The site should be reflective of its nature, be straightforward, approachable, and make sense immediately.

Completely disagree.

4 ≈ One