By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577
MikeRox said:

Anybody looking for New Little King's Story, Grainger Games are selling it for £29.99 which is £5.00 cheaper than the PSN price. Amazon don't actually have it at the moment, there is just a 3rd party seller asking for £49.99. Looks like it could be a very limited run as a physical release.

http://www.graingergames.co.uk/games/ps-vita/vt39-little-kings-story

Good call, but if you live in the UK, I'd recommend using Zavvi.com:

http://www.zavvi.com/10594051.html

The game is £27.99 with free postage, and the way their rewardz system works means you'll actually get a tiny bit of money off your next purchase.  It's not much, but it all adds up if you stick with them - and I've been using them quite a lot recently since they're regularly cheaper for brand new PS3 games (and it's looking that way for Vita too), so long as they have them in stock.

Around the Network

Idk if this is particularly exciting but: 40 new PSOne Classics coming to the PSN store next week (I assume NA):

http://www.psnstores.com/2012/09/sneak-peek-october-2nd-psn-releases/

Chark said:
Dgc1808 said:
Chark said:
Dgc1808 said:
You could do that... ooooorrrrrrrrrrrr... we could go with EatAVita. :P

I just need to ask....how does EatAVita make any sense whatsoever?

The purpose of the site is the purpose of this thread. A source of information for the Vita. The best praise MUGEN can get for this thread is that someone bought a Vita because of it.  

EatAVita is a play on the double definition of a "consumer", as opposed to the blatant and less comical "GetAVita".

That's quite the stretch and no one will get that. The first reaction will be confusion and there isn't much to work with in the name except to show someone/something eating a vita, or a vita with a bite out of it(probably best use). Either way it is not particularly appealing to the average person, let alone actual Vita fans as the title requires explaination.

The GetAVita alternative is very clashing to the concept of creating a webpage, it is a direct ad line or an imposing statement that won't hit its mark and risks being seen as a desperate reaction to the lackluster sales.

Neither seems to be fiting for the name of a website. Sorry to be so critical but there are bound to be better ideas.

Perhaps, but the name can easily make instance sense depending on how the site is handled. 

Actually, on second thought, I can't see how someone can get confused about the name. The moment you enter, if you see images of a Vita and news articles about new games, then it should just be obvious. Aslong as we don't handle the site completely wrong like treating the site like just a forum (which is what I feel like will happen if we go with VitaChamber), then I can't see the problem with the name. 

And i'm glad we agree on GetAVita. EatAVita sounds like an ad line but it's not as blatant and somewhat... generic as GetAVita.

4 ≈ One

So i just realized that all of my LBP1 DLC came from my brother's PSN... If I want them on my Vita I gotta purchase them all again (we split the money on his account).

4 ≈ One

one idea... how about... www.grabavita.com?
to me that looks better than www.getavita.com because it doesnt say "buy one", but it says "take one and play". "buy one" also.

must-have-list for platforms i don't own yet:

WiiU: Donkey Kong

XBone: Dead Rising 3, Ryse

Around the Network
Kresnik said:
MikeRox said:

Anybody looking for New Little King's Story, Grainger Games are selling it for £29.99 which is £5.00 cheaper than the PSN price. Amazon don't actually have it at the moment, there is just a 3rd party seller asking for £49.99. Looks like it could be a very limited run as a physical release.

The game is £27.99 with free postage, and the way their rewardz system works means you'll actually get a tiny bit of money off your next purchase.  It's not much, but it all adds up if you stick with them - and I've been using them quite a lot recently since they're regularly cheaper for brand new PS3 games (and it's looking that way for Vita too), so long as they have them in stock.

Yeah I just saw that on there too not bad if they actually deliver it.(I've had them and their sister sites (sendit/the hut woolworths etc.) cancel my orders a few weeks after placing them due to the games being "no longer available at the previously advertised price" asking me to reorder for a new higher price. So I tend to avoid them now.

I'll be getting mine from Grainger Games in store if they have a copy (they tend to charge the same price in their shops and I like to get my game there and then lol). 

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

How about www.playavita.com? or www.vitaplaya.com?

I agree though, the name discussion is dragging on a bit now. Pick a name and stick with it. If we decide it sucks in 6 months time, we can just change it :p

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

^or I could start posting new name Ideas again hahahaHaHaHaHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

anyways, since were going back and forth back and forth, I think it should be

www.vdf.com

vdf - vita defense force hahahahaha

www.psvdf.com

psvdf - playstation vita defense force wehehehehehe

So here is a sales projection question.

When do the "Holiday Season" sales begin? Black Friday maybe? And when they finally set in, what can we realistically expect as far as Vita Sales this year?

If Sony actually goes into geurilla advertising this thing, a possible 5-6million by New Years. This is might be a stretch tho :/

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Kresnik said:
MikeRox said:

I recomen zavvi to everybody! I live in Croatia but I can't remember when was the last time that I bought a game here. I think I bought ~70% of my current collection from zavvi. And right now they ship for free to EU.