By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577
Mmmfishtacos said:
So i've been thinking about this cross buy thing. What do you guys think the chances are the vita version will be on the ps3 disk? I mean how will the stop people from giving/selling the codes for the vita game. Plus it would save use on the servers.

No chances for me. If you think about it, this Cross Buy thing isn't that great in most cases. I mean, it's awesome for games likes MotorStorm RC, Sound Shapes and the new Ratchet & Clank, where the price for both versions is the same. If you buy one of those on PS3 you will be able to download the PS Vita version from PSN at no additional cost and vice versa.

Now, for games like PS All-Stars and Sly Cooper, is kinda tricky because you must buy them on PS3 to receive a Vita copy. Where's the "trap"? The console game costs $59.99 and the handheld edition just $35.99. So, it works more like a discount for the few people that were planning to buy the games for both consoles.

As for the servers, bandwith is inexpensive compared to produce disks/cards and shipping them to retailers, so the real beneficiary is Sony (duh).

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying is a bad feature, is good, discounts are good! But by using it in the cases I mentioned, we are still paying for individual copies. The only  game service I know that does multiplatform good is Steam...

Around the Network

I have 4 platinums, 3 of which are on Vita. I have Gravity Rush (pretty easy save the one Gold medal you have to get), resistance Burning skies is incredibly simple (beat the game, play one round of online multiplayer). Rayman is my first, though. Takes a lot of work to find everything and get all the unlockables, but it's not that hard.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

darkknightkryta said:
Runa216 said:
Yep, I MAY be more excited for Assassin's Creed III: Liberation more than I am Assassin's Creed III, if for no other reason than I love the fact that it's on Vita. I love having my game follow me around, and while I do agree that ACIII will probably be the better game, Liberation looks...well, it looks special.

but Vita has no games.

But don't forget, you can apparently play Assassins Creed Liberation on your PS3 so the Vita port is useless.

You CAN'T! The CrossPlay Function between Vita-PS3 games is that You can "Transfarring" (Kojima's joke XD) items between both games.. Some items can be unlocked more easily in one game and can be "transfarring" to the another and such.. I think will be equipment, weopons and others things...

But Liberation is EXCLUSIVE for Vita... if Not ubiSoft would be making wrong it's buisness...

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

Naninho said:

Just a few questions i've been asking myself after gamescom: why is Sony supporting the wikipad? This device could easily compete against PSVITA and N3DS; they're on the same market. Do they hate their own company? Are they willing to go bankrupt? Discuss.

Because there SONY can sell games... the most profitable end on this game buisness are the GAME SELLS!... and promoting such platform could make promotion of it's own Vita... like: you own a PSMobile game compatible with your android, Vita, ps3 and Wikipad  for only let's say 5$... and the same game on 3DS for 5$ what platform would you choose? What platform give you more for less? If You own a Virtua Console Game on Wii can you play it on 3DS without paying again? (I don't have anything against 3Ds, Nintendo or Wii I'm just making a example based on the facts..)

Naninho said:

Mmmfishtacos said:
So i've been thinking about this cross buy thing.  What do you guys think the chances are the vita version will be on the ps3 disk? I mean how will the stop people from giving/selling the codes for the vita game. Plus it would save use on the servers.

No chances for me. If you think about it, this Cross Buy thing isn't that great in most cases. I mean, it's awesome for games likes MotorStorm RC, Sound Shapes and the new Ratchet & Clank, where the price for both versions is the same. If you buy one of those on PS3 you will be able to download the PS Vita version from PSN at no additional cost and vice versa.

Now, for games like PS All-Stars and Sly Cooper, is kinda tricky because you must buy them on PS3 to receive a Vita copy. Where's the "trap"? The console game costs $59.99 and the handheld edition just $35.99. So, it works more like a discount for the few people that were planning to buy the games for both consoles.

As for the servers, bandwith is inexpensive compared to produce disks/cards and shipping them to retailers, so the real beneficiary is Sony (duh).

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying is a bad feature, is good, discounts are good! But by using it in the cases I mentioned, we are still paying for individual copies. The only  game service I know that does multiplatform good is Steam...

I wasn't considering buying PASBR for PS3 nor Vita... But rigth now some friends (fans of Smash Bros.) are interested in that game... So.. Why not who put 15$ each one they get their Smash bros Clone and I mine for vita XD.. I could even play with them with my Vita as controller JA! I don't like the game but four people is really fun for 15$ or not?

And.. is not a TRAP.. is a OPTION You still can buy PSN Vita's game for 35$ if you don't own a PS3 or don't want to play with anyone else... this is the cheaper Option.. just that...

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

BasilZero said:
Naninho said:

Just a few questions i've been asking myself after gamescom: why is Sony supporting the wikipad? This device could easily compete against PSVITA and N3DS; they're on the same market. Do they hate their own company? Are they willing to go bankrupt? Discuss.

Is that in reference to PSMobile? (also lol first time I heard of this device..thought it had something to do with Wikipedia XD).

Yeah, I thought that too! Apparently, Wikipad Inc. has nothing to do with that. But I suspect that Jimmy Wales secretly founded the company with the money he stole from our donations.

Now really, it's a Tegra 3 tablet with a gamepad controller attached to it. It looks like a dangerous friend to Sony, unless they're playing the game a la Vito Corleone...

Around the Network
Kresnik said:

Sorry guys, found some more Vita stuff to post, don't think it's been linked in here before.  I'm having such a Vita-busy day today!

http://uk.ign.com/videos/2012/08/17/assassins-creed-iii-liberation-rotten-barracks-gamescom-2012

Some AC3: Liberation gameplay. This looks like console Assassin's Creed to me. I'm really impressed with this game.

And secondly, some gameplay of PSABR being played on Vita - it appears to be running really, really well. No framerate issues or anything I could notice. Colour me impressed (will be another game I'll have access to with cross-buy!)

WHAO! A Event on Chile! Nice! I would love something like that on Venezuela...

Kresnik said:
http://gematsu.com/2012/08/rumor-atelier-totori-plus-set-for-ps-vita

Atelier Totori: The adventurer of Arland being ported to Vita?  Perhaps!

Why Totori? Why Not Rorona? Then Totori, then Meruru and Later Ayesha?.. Well about rumour.. is possible.. because is GUST... Theya Already made Ciel no Surge for Vita... I would love Ar Tonelico 3.. I can't find it for PS3 ! >.<

BasilZero said:

I could of sworn it didnt matter which version you buy first, like you could buy the Vita version and than get the PS3 version for free. I mean it makes sense to doing something like that, since it would give people who have a PS3 to buy a Vita version (for cheaper) and get it for free on the PS3.

Edit: I meant as a incentive for getting a Vita...but now that I see it..it could potentially be abused >.>.

I doubt that... Probably will be Buy PS3's and Get vita's! Sony is already Lossing giving Vita's game.. so   dont think possible to give PS3's game for Free paying less..

M.U.G.E.N said:
SnakeDrake said:
Awesome AC: liberation news

Anyways is it to early for Tokyo Game Show predictions ;)

Nope knock yourself out :D it's just a month or so away

My mouth is ready

Call of duty black ops declassified is getting a lot of hate. So from this i can only conclude it's going to be successful. Let's face it, as core gamers what we like isn't the biggest sellers. Just hear me out. The wii, it was hated by every "core" gamer out there. Yet it sold the most. Kinect, was also laughed at to death and move was declared the winner before launch. Call of duty after MW2 was hated on and battlefield was raised to the top by "core" gamers, yet call of duty still wins. Hate = success.

ArtCover of Ragnarok Chinese is Appealing... I'm thinking in buying this together with Dokuro... on Play-Asia even made a "COMBO" with 2$ of saving..XD

@Mmmfishtacos: I don't like COD series and this new game it isn't so appeling too... But I hope it sells at least half of the trillions it sells on Consoles... that would make others third parties think: "Hey! Look COD sold 1.5 trillions on Vita.. why my Product couldn't sell that too? Let's develop more for Vita! New and Old IPs! YAY!" or something like that... I told to everyone this... This is just the beginning! hold tigth your pocket! save all the money possible.. We'll need it!

DemoniOtaku said:

ArtCover of Ragnarok Chinese is Appealing... I'm thinking in buying this together with Dokuro... on Play-Asia even made a "COMBO" with 2$ of saving..XD

@Mmmfishtacos: I don't like COD series and this new game it isn't so appeling too... But I hope it sells at least half of the trillions it sells on Consoles... that would make others third parties think: "Hey! Look COD sold 1.5 trillions on Vita.. why my Product couldn't sell that too? Let's develop more for Vita! New and Old IPs! YAY!" or something like that... I told to everyone this... This is just the beginning! hold tigth your pocket! save all the money possible.. We'll need it!

Whips out tin foil, wraps around wallet, Ha! its safe now!