By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Official Playstation Vita Thread! The Last Stand - Ys VIII, Mary Skelter, Yomawari Midnight Shadows, Persona 3&5 Dancing, Atelier Lidy & Soeur, DanganRonpa V3, Demon Gaze II & MORE!

How many vita games do you have in your library?

0-10 184 31.51%

11-20 109 18.66%

21-30 69 11.82%

30+ 215 36.82%

Total:577

You know what Sony needs to do to put a rest to all these Vita haters? It's got two words: 'Montage"

Around the Network
ils411 said:
^ What is Type-O anywayz? All I know is that its a final fantasy game and that it has a bunch of characters from different ff games.. so... whats so hot about it? I knda lost interest in SE and FF after the not so great FF XIII experience. Dont get me wrong, it was a good game, but a far cry from FF VII, VIII, IX and even X.

I think you have it confused with Final Fantasy Dissidia (Which is a pseudo fighting/RPG game for PSP).

Final Fantasy Type-0 is the 3rd title announced to be apart of the "Fabula Nova Crystalis" collection to go alongside FFXIII and FF Versus XIII. The game was originally suppose to be called Agito XIII and on smart phone. SE gave it a name change due to bad press of XIII and switched to PSP because the tech for phones wasn't enough to handle it yet. It is made by a few reputable PSP devs who also worked on Crisis Core:FFVII and The 3rd Birthday. It borrows elements from both to create a pretty unique combat system.

Type-0 follows 13 students in a prestigieous academy that specialized in different methods and uses of magic. The game sets up when an evil general from a foreign country tries to collect all the crystals from opposing continents. The crystals are in someway tied very deeply to the civilizations they are in. When he comes to Suzaka unfortunately, he is halted by the last surviving force in Suzaka, the students. They have to protect the entire country. This game has a lot of old FF staples return in almost full glory on a handheld. And some new ones

• Over World Map
  • Can fly an airship and travel as you see fit.
  • Can have Airship battles with the enemy.
  • RTS mini game called skirmishes. Think the strategy mini game in FFVII
  • Huge roster of characters: Each specializing in a particular weapon and combat style
  • a mixture of ATB and action oriented combat. Looks similar to Crisis Core
  • Summons
  • Mission based for portability
  • I am told the story is pretty good, better than FFXIII's.
The release of this game has been a struggle though.The game debuted on 2 UMD discs for PSP, a first. Took them forever just to make it fit properly and run on PSP. Just like with Versus, the team was pulled off several times to help other projects...namely The 3rd Birthday and FFXIII. The release in Japan was good but rampant piracy in the West makes it risky to release in that territory. Most believe they will revamp it for Vita yet something is holding up the jump. It might be  due to low sales of the Vita, or something on SE's side hence the same reasons Crisis Core and KH:BBS never hit the PSN.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

forevercloud3000 said:
ils411 said:
^ What is Type-O anywayz? All I know is that its a final fantasy game and that it has a bunch of characters from different ff games.. so... whats so hot about it? I knda lost interest in SE and FF after the not so great FF XIII experience. Dont get me wrong, it was a good game, but a far cry from FF VII, VIII, IX and even X.

I think you have it confused with Final Fantasy Dissidia (Which is a pseudo fighting/RPG game for PSP).

Final Fantasy Type-0 is the 3rd title announced to be apart of the "Fabula Nova Crystalis" collection to go alongside FFXIII and FF Versus XIII. The game was originally suppose to be called Agito XIII and on smart phone. SE gave it a name change due to bad press of XIII and switched to PSP because the tech for phones wasn't enough to handle it yet. It is made by a few reputable PSP devs who also worked on Crisis Core:FFVII and The 3rd Birthday. It borrows elements from both to create a pretty unique combat system.

Type-0 follows 13 students in a prestigieous academy that specialized in different methods and uses of magic. The game sets up when an evil general from a foreign country tries to collect all the crystals from opposing continents. The crystals are in someway tied very deeply to the civilizations they are in. When he comes to Suzaka unfortunately, he is halted by the last surviving force in Suzaka, the students. They have to protect the entire country. This game has a lot of old FF staples return in almost full glory on a handheld. And some new ones

• Over World Map
  • Can fly an airship and travel as you see fit.
  • Can have Airship battles with the enemy.
  • RTS mini game called skirmishes. Think the strategy mini game in FFVII
  • Huge roster of characters: Each specializing in a particular weapon and combat style
  • a mixture of ATB and action oriented combat. Looks similar to Crisis Core
  • Summons
  • Mission based for portability
  • I am told the story is pretty good, better than FFXIII's.
The release of this game has been a struggle though.The game debuted on 2 UMD discs for PSP, a first. Took them forever just to make it fit properly and run on PSP. Just like with Versus, the team was pulled off several times to help other projects...namely The 3rd Birthday and FFXIII. The release in Japan was good but rampant piracy in the West makes it risky to release in that territory. Most believe they will revamp it for Vita yet something is holding up the jump. It might be  due to low sales of the Vita, or something on SE's side hence the same reasons Crisis Core and KH:BBS never hit the PSN.

I have an odd feeling they might be porting it to the 3DS.  And if they only release it on the 3DS here, I will bring fire.

multiple sources including 1up have said that Type 0 is currently being made/ported to vita. So worst case scenario it will be a multiplat release

oh and two other pluses

the soundtrack in the game seems to be divine
the combat in the game looks like it could be the best and most diverse in the history of FF (well maybe matching dissidia lol)

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

DemoniOtaku said:
outlawauron said:
Runa216 said:
So in the realm of new IP's, the Vita already has how many? When's the last time Nintendo or Microsoft created a new IP?

Is this a real statement?

Nintendo in the past year or two:
Steel Diver (3DS)
Spirit Camera (3DS)
Art Academy (DS+3DS)
Style Savvy (DS)
Pandora's Tower (Wii)
The Last Story (Wii)

You could also argue for Xenoblade Chronicles but it has Xeno in it.

Microsoft in the same:

Nearly all of the Kinect games they made are new IPs. There's also got a lot of new IPs they've put on XBLA.

Yes, Sony does a lot of original content, but don't act like it's an exclusive thing.

Note: This was entirely just off my memory of the past two years.

Sorry to tell You but At least The Last Story is NOT a Nintendos IP... Nintendo Just the publisher of the game created by Mistwalker... I'm not sure about Pandora's tower...

lol. Mistwalker doesn't own the IP. Microsoft own the IP to all of the 360 games they've have Japanese developers make (Ninety Nine Nights, Lost Odyssey, etc.)

It's the same with Nintendo. Mistwalker has no say as with nearly every other game they've been commisioned to make, they're just contracted.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
ils411 said:
outlawauron said:
Runa216 said:
So in the realm of new IP's, the Vita already has how many? When's the last time Nintendo or Microsoft created a new IP?

Is this a real statement?

Nintendo in the past year or two:
Steel Diver (3DS)
Spirit Camera (3DS)
Art Academy (DS+3DS)
Style Savvy (DS)
Pandora's Tower (Wii)
The Last Story (Wii)

You could also argue for Xenoblade Chronicles but it has Xeno in it.

Microsoft in the same:

Nearly all of the Kinect games they made are new IPs. There's also got a lot of new IPs they've put on XBLA.

Yes, Sony does a lot of original content, but don't act like it's an exclusive thing.

Note: This was entirely just off my memory of the past two years.

Some people sure are deffensive...

If you ask a random average gamer, hey dood what new IP has sony or nintendo made? For nintendo, I cant think of a single thing, for sony Nothin either alolololol!!!!! I'd say Uncharted but if I'm not mistaken, Sony just bought em after the fact.

Not really defensive, Runa just likes to overcompensate for all of the anti-Vita news out there, with his posts in this thread. Old.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Damm it guyz I let life take me for 1 day and already 80+ post :P

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

ok ok guys, let's just let this argument die down now :P

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

http://gematsu.com/2012/08/rumor-atelier-totori-plus-set-for-ps-vita

Atelier Totori: The adventurer of Arland being ported to Vita? Perhaps!

Excellent ....keep those game announcements coming

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!