By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What is Cliff Bleszinski going to say as an excuse not to develop for WiiU?

Silver-Tiger said:
Squilliam said:
Unreal engine 3 will run on Wii U. Unreal engine 4 will possibly not run depending on what features the Wii U has.

We don't even know the specs yet, for all we know it could be really more powerful than the PS3 for example. Shouldn't be too hard considering it's a 6 year old tech. I wouldn't count that so easily.

For all you know it could be the same performance or weaker... Always expect the worst with Nintendo and then allow yourself to be pleasantly surprised.

Tease.

Around the Network

Cliff never said he hates or dislikes nintendo. I actually remember him saying that he loves them and he grew up on them. Im sure epic will do something with the wiiU hopefully something good lol.

i have a question, why does anyone really care???
I mean if your not a fanboy and you actually care about epic games, you would have a console that has those games. Crazy, right??? Or better yet a PC
He doesnt need an excuse, its his company, if he doesnt want to support whatever company he is not obligated to do so. No matter how butthurt some people will get.
I for one think he will, stranger things have happened. Who thought that Vavle would do a 180 and support PS3, and the crap they said was way worse

seriously for me i do not care. the games i have played GOW 1 and 2 are good but waay to short and i can live without those games.

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

I won't say he hates Nintendo, he just sees a better outcome at developing for the HD consoles rather than the Wii, and that's perfectly reasonable. The PS360 has a bigger fanbase and are more inclined to buy the types of games he wants to make. I don't see how people get the impression that he hates Nintendo; if he sees a console as a viable platform, then I'm sure he would develop for it. I'm sure if the WiiU (is that the official name?) is as powerful as the PS360 then he and most other devs would jump on board for extra cash flow.

Around the Network

I can see him hating on the huge ass remote that's for sure. It look so uncomfortable to play with after a few hours.

if he doesnt develope for kinect why would he develope for the wii u?

toastboy44562 said:
if he doesnt develope for kinect why would he develope for the wii u?

To answer this ask yourself what is the biggest difference between the WiiU controller and Kinect

Nintendo made the WiiU for all gamers as well for all developers and if Cliffy B. and Epic games don't want to develop for WiiU then that's their decision.

Why is this even a discussion? Epic doesn't develop many games to begin with, and the few they do develop are supposed to showcase the engine they're selling to developers. That's why they didn't develop on the Wii, because the Wii can't support Unreal Engine 3, and Epic's business model does not allow for them to go back and develop games on their previous engines just to get something on graphically inferior consoles.

Do I think Epic will develop on the Wii U? Probably not, but that's mainly because all they do develop is Gears of War and that isn't likely to get past Microsoft any time soon. The only other game they internally developed was Unreal Tournament III back in 2007. These other games they're associated with are from studios they snagged up either mid development or post development of their projects, like Chair with Shadow Complex or People Can Fly with Bulletstorm. Cliff didn't work on them. All he's doing is Gears of War.

Do I think games by Chair and People Can Fly will find their way to the Wii U? Absofruitely. Do I think this topic is unnecessarily bitter and whiny? Absofreakingfruitely. Epic didn't mean to piss in your cornflakes. The Wii just didn't fit into their business model.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.