By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony to Sell PlayStation Vita at a Loss, Profit Expected in Three Years

Its the first production quad-core A9. First gaming system to have a touch panel on the back. One of the first to have an OLED screen (Except Samsung SAMOLED, but Sony's is bigger than the SAMOLED's). First to use that graphics core that has 4 pipelines (forget the name, very unmemorable name). Of course its gonna cost a lot to make, and I respect Sony for doing something like this to give gamers a console packed full of stuff at a reasonable price.

Around the Network

If the 3DS has tought us anything, its that mobile phone gaming is where handheld gaming is at. I think sales of the NPG will be low, and retailers will be forced to sell it for a discount price or have their own deals / bundles for it.

The 3 year profit plan is far too ambitious. On a side note, I think the games will be selling at a faster rate than the orignal PSP.

foodfather said:
If the 3DS has tought us anything, its that mobile phone gaming is where handheld gaming is at. I think sales of the NPG will be low, and retailers will be forced to sell it for a discount price or have their own deals / bundles for it.

The 3 year profit plan is far too ambitious. On a side note, I think the games will be selling at a faster rate than the orignal PSP.

No its that poor marketing mixed with bad software is disasterous for game consoles. People don't know that 3DS is different from DS.