By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sales of wii if ninty could meet demand?

How many more sales of the wii would there be if nintendo had the units to meet demand?

500k? 1mil? 2 mil?

Around the Network

My guess would be, that total sales would be 1.8 to 2.0M/month and going slowly up. I think that people are still waiting for Galaxy and other killers. But with better marketing, this would easilly get to even 3M/month.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

The sky is the limit... 3 Mil (Could) very well be possible, it is always sold out and 'everyone' (most of the people actually) want one!...

THE NETHERLANDS

I have one but sadly nobody i know has one or wants one , im fed up with it already and im very disappointed . Maybe i will dig out my old snes and remember the glory days frankly im finished with Nintendo and apart from Zelda im not impressed .

Proud owner of Ps4/3ds xl/pc/vita/wii u and others.

Gamer till I die

Dude, wait till end 07... Then u'll remember why you bought a Wii...

And btw, same goes for PS3... There are some good titles (Just like for Wii; Super paper mario, Zelda, Wii sports, The godfather, SSX Blur) But you'd have to wait for the big guns till end 07 (and for PS3, most of the games in 08)

THE NETHERLANDS

Around the Network

Right now, relatively close to launch, probably 2 million units a month. In June or July up to October, probably 1.5 million units a month, maybe as low as 1 million. The holiday period is probably between 2.5 to 3.5 million units a month.

4 million units/month for about 2 months, then 3m then 2m, then down to about 1m for quite some time until there's alot of new life (gaming wise) for the J-kids to find a reason to have a DS and Wii.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Interesting question, but impossible to say. If the sales/distribution channels are "perfect", and can deliver any number of units to every store with no delays...

The first month (launch), could have been 5m (worldwide), maybe more. I think once word spread, and the  "follow-on" demand would hit, Nintendo *could* sell 10m / month - maybe more.

Of course at this burn rate, crazy things start to happen... price would drop within a month or two, existing software would sell millions & millions of copies, etc. Sales would then fall off very quickly within a few months... (as they hit global sales of 30-40m within 6 month!).

Sales would be a lot higher than obvious, as everyone would *know* they were in stock, and there was a 100% availability of getting one :)

(nice theoretical world really :>) 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Hmmm, this makes me wonder...

Why not start fabricating 12 months before launch. So you have more then 10 mil in stock of your system... Cause; every system (most of the time) will sell through 10 mil. (Nintendo consoles I.E.D because they have the fanbase)...

THE NETHERLANDS

because that means they have to wait another 12 months to release it after they finish touching up the console... maybe they already do.. i have no clue