By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Isn't it great that Wii controllers are the motion controllers for Wii U?

That way you won't have to spend money again on motion control. Also if Nintendo allows you to use the Wii U controller to play Gamecube games and Wii games that are played with the Wii Classic Controller then it would be great!

Also it seems that you can use the Wii Balance Board for future games too.

So in conclusion the only hardware that existing Wii and Wii Fit owners would have to buy would be the Wii U consoles and additional Wii U controllers and that's it!

Around the Network

I think it helps Wii sales, as the new console does not make buying a Wii a total waste of money from now up to the release day.

pariz said:
I think it helps Wii sales, as the new console does not make buying a Wii a total waste of money from now up to the release day.

That and people could buy more controllers for their Wiis right now without fears of them becoming obsolete. I just wish Nintendo would release official rechargeable batteries for them

I suppose that's once way of looking at it. There might actually be another controller made for the console, and the Wii remotes are also compatable.

Can you put the game discs inside the new controller? How does it work when you are playing a game, and then someone wants to watch TV, and so you just move your game over to your Wii U controller? How does that work?

Also I don't think the console is compatable with gamecube games.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

Yes you can use all the old Wii peripherals on your WiiU. I am so happy that they did not forget about WiiMPlus! Now they will be using both of them together. So the next Zelda might use the screen for inventory and maps and the WiiMplus to play.

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network
mysticwolf said:
I suppose that's once way of looking at it. There might actually be another controller made for the console, and the Wii remotes are also compatable.

Can you put the game discs inside the new controller? How does it work when you are playing a game, and then someone wants to watch TV, and so you just move your game over to your Wii U controller? How does that work?

Also I don't think the console is compatable with gamecube games.

Maybe they could re-release gamecube games via digital distribution, although we know nintendo sucks at that...

Easier on our pockets =D

I swear I designed this thing 5 years ago, only difference was that the extra screen was in a VR helmet and the system was called "U2"

Of course, Nintendos approach trumps my plans but that why they are billionairs and I'm unemployed :)

To be clear, yes, being able to use the wiimote and BB is megaton, all part of my plans, and very well played by Nintendo.

Thank god it's true, I was expecting the new controller to replace the Wii Remote.