By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Did Nintendo Just blow it?

richardhutnik said:
archbrix said:

Based on expectations of what they'd show I can understand the disappointment. Even I was let down that they didn't have even one of their IPs present in fully playable HD form.

However at E3 '05, a year before the Wii's big showing in '06, what did they show? The console in Iwata's hands... that's it. We saw nothing on the Wii remote until much later that year. At least now they showed off how the controller works, announced some third party games and shared what developers think of it.

And the controller btw, from what I've heard so far from people who have actually played it now (as opposed to us at home making threads), sounds very cool and is comfortable to boot.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/117/1173582p1.html

This line here at the end of the page I saw clicking above, particularly the part I bolded, seems to be THE way to differentiate yourself these days from your competitor:

The controller is the best of both worlds, mixing traditional button inputs with the advantage of having an interface unlike anything we've seen from a home console. 

A single touch resistive touchscreen?

Around the Network
Rainbird said:
yo_john117 said:

Is the second video in game graphics? Cause that looks fantastic!

Yup, it's an interactive demo that can be played at E3. I think it's pretty safe to say the WU has the PS360 beat.

Yeah those looked sooo good...especially the second one which looked almost like CGI.

To all those who say that Nintendo is doomed, or that they simply messed up: you're right. They're doomed like Wolverine is doomed to losing his devilish good looks to old age. They messed up like the guy who invented Penicillin, and the guy who invented Play-doh, and the guy who invented color crayons. And these guys are just as crazy as Nintendo, and, here, when I say crazy, I mean crazy like a fox.

My Wii Friend Code is: 6458-0869-2019-9754

Also, my 3DS Friend Code is: 1891-1193-6272

And my Pokemon White Friend Code is: 2408-6863-8559

PM me with your corresponding code if you Friend me!

Why are people complaining about multiplats only? Do people seriously believe we're not going to see any of the Nintendo mascots next gen?

I don't get people...
You wanted better graphics? Here it is.
You wanted better third-party support? Here they are.
You wanted to keep traditional Nintendo gaming? They're most likely coming.
You wanted something innovative that you can't get with the other two consoles? There's the controller.

I really do not understand guys!

Maybe it is just me! We wanted a better Wii, and we got it, an Hd wii andwe got, and now Nintendo blow it?

I think that Wii U will be teh future, doooomeeed?

Do not really think so!

Efveryone will need and want a Wii U anytime soon, like we didd with Wii.

Xbox is done! Bye Bye!

Switch!!!

Around the Network

The more and more I look at the controller, the more I keep thinking of awesome ways it could be used.

I certainly didn't feel that way about wii motes.

http://kotaku.com/5809555/zelda-games-on-wii-u-could-look-this-stunning

*looks at video*
HELLL NOOO!!!!!

no they didn't. If anything they are keeping Sony and MS on their toes now. I for one, even though I don't really play my Wii, will be buying a Wii U. But I expect PS3 to continue on as my main console. (Sony has always been my main, Nintendo as my secondary)

I didn't see the whole conference, but I tuned in at around the time they were talking about the new controller, wasn't impressed by it or the games they announced for it, although the GTA style lego game looks kinda cool. The new controller looked really odd and it looked quite big, I was left thinking 'Is that controller going to be comfortable to use'. They seem to be going after the hardcore auidence with this console which I can understand on one sense, but at the same time I'm a little confused by it, Nintendo are obviosly a casual/family friendly driven company, there's no denying that. Why would Ps3 or 360 owners jump ship to this? Because Wii U provides graphics that are on par or 'slightly' better than 5+ year consoles?

There is potential, no doubt about it, it just didn't get me at all exicted.

If you love mario, then nintendo won.

ALthough I'm liking the new wiiU thing...I just think it may be a little late to the party.

I mean NGP is going to have interactivity with the ps3. I'm sure Vita will be capable of acting as a ps3 controller, and even doing a lot of those same functions as well.