By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Thoughts on Sony's Press Conference

ethomaz said:

You forgot the exclusive Medieval Moves: Dead Man’s Quest for PS3... Team ICO Collection has September release too.

And PSVita had a lot more games too... Tenchu is a good example.

OT. I like the Sony conference but not so much like 2010 (or 2009)... so I give it a 8/10.

Damnit that's my bad. I didn't clearly hear them mention that games name, and they never showed the title, so I assumed it was Sorcery.

Team ICO has a september release, and plays in 3D, but I already own those games. Also the God of War PSP collection, is a collection. Both aren't new games, and we knew about ICO Collection.

For PS Vita, how do people know about these games names? I saw the compilation, but they never gave the title. OVerall I thought the Sony conference was poorly shown, why not show the title for every game? I counted that PS Vita has about 10 or 11 exclusive games, and it does look good, but nothing is offered that the OS3 doesn't already have. To me it feels like a repeat of PSP, and were going to have to wait for some quality PSV games.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network

Exclusive content for Battlefield 3

OT: I only just got to hear about their conference, but I was stoked when I read everything. Really surprised everyone's disappointed, I was expecting the opposite. Oh well. I loved the R3 gameplay, was incredibly impressed by the low Vita price (although the name isn't my favorite), pumped about Ico collection announcement, intrigued by new Move game (although only ONE game for Move?? Really??? Support your new hardware Sony!!!), then skipped trailers for Uncharted 3 and inFAMOUS (games are too good - wanna be totally surprised).

Michael-5 said:
Damnit that's my bad. I didn't clearly hear them mention that games name, and they never showed the title, so I assumed it was Sorcery.

Medieval Moves looks like an adventure using the Sport Champions features... Sorcery is another kind of game.

Team ICO has a september release, and plays in 3D, but I already own those games. Also the God of War PSP collection, is a collection. Both aren't new games, and we knew about ICO Collection.

I agree... no new game here... I just cited it because you cited the GoW PSP Collection.

For PS Vita, how do people know about these games names? I saw the compilation, but they never gave the title. OVerall I thought the Sony conference was poorly shown, why not show the title for every game? I counted that PS Vita has about 10 or 11 exclusive games, and it does look good, but nothing is offered that the OS3 doesn't already have. To me it feels like a repeat of PSP, and were going to have to wait for some quality PSV games.

There are a lot of games in PSVita montage... I can list:  Dragon's Crown (Vanillaware title), Dynasty Warriors, Virta Tennis, Tenchu, etc... I have to see again to list more game.

Magic WordZ: Bioshock w/ Move Support & Bioshock Vita Actually liked SONY's Conf. this Year

There Are Many Paths to Gaming Heaven

It was about an hour too long. I don't need to hear or see their marketing plans and I don't care if they brand a TV, it's still just a TV and not directly gaming related. I understand that Sony has more than games, but they spent too much time trying to sell me a TV and 3D glasses.

The PSVita has a good price and the games look great. It's going to take me awhile to get used to such a terrible name, but I got used to the Wii so anything is possible.

In the end I'd say that Sony and Microsoft have tied. MS had too much Kinect stuff, but Halo 4 is going to be amazing and I can't wait to replay Halo CE in HD. Sony almost made me fall asleep and they almost had too much Move stuff but it was nice to see Sly Cooper back for more thieving.

I'm not disappointed by either show.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

Michael-5 said:

Medieval Moves looks like an adventure using the Sport Champions features... Sorcery is another kind of game.

I agree... no new game here... I just cited it because you cited the GoW PSP Collection.

There are a lot of games in PSVita montage... I can list:  Dragon's Crown (Vanillaware title), Dynasty Warriors, Virta Tennis, Tenchu, etc... I have to see again to list more game.

Why did VGC erase my message? This new VGC is laggy. For Medevil Moves, the game design looks strickingly similar. So when I didn't hear the title, I thought they were adding weapons to Sorcery. Why then did Sony not talk about Sorcery?

Also where can you find a list for those PS Vita games? I didn't see any titles in the conference.

Don't get me wrong, I love PS3, but nothing big was announced for the PS3. This is the years biggest gaming conference, and all I have to look forward to for 2012 for Sony is Starhawk and The Last Guardian (which wasn't shown). No new Uncharted, MGS (What happened to Rising?), Resistance, Gran Turismo, LittleBigPlanet, Tales of Xillia or other JRPG, NOTHING NEW. Resistance 3 and Uncharted 3 we knew about for over a year, weren't they announced at last E3? Every major PS3 franchise seems to have seen their last installment already, or so it seems.

I just feel with both Sony and MS being lackluster, this generation is finally ending. For 2012 the only defining games we know about are Assassin's Creed 3 (world ends in 2012, it's likely AC3 will release before Dec 21st), Mass Effect 3, and Halo 4.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

pitzy272 said:

Exclusive content for Battlefield 3

They are giving away a PSN game for free with it. That doesn't add to the game Battlefield 3, it's more like a bundle.

Also I didn't highlight multiconsole games which are better with Kinect for 360, so why should I include this?

Uncharted 3 looked great. Bioshock Infinite looked AMAZING, and Ken Levine was present to say it will support the Move (woo-hoo!), PS Vita is only $249, and it will have a Bioshock game.

Great conference.

ethomaz said:

You forgot the exclusive Medieval Moves: Dead Man’s Quest for PS3... Team ICO Collection has September release too.

And PSVita had a lot more games too... Tenchu is a good example.

OT. I like the Sony conference but not so much like 2010 (or 2009)... so I give it a 8/10.

Medieval Moves looks like it will be battling Fable: The Journey for the title of rails shooter presuming itself to be an adventure title.  In that context though, Medieval Moves does look interesting.

archbrix said:
Uncharted 3 looked great. Bioshock Infinite looked AMAZING, and Ken Levine was present to say it will support the Move (woo-hoo!), PS Vita is only $249, and it will have a Bioshock game.

Great conference.

They never said they were working on a Bioshock game for PS Vita. They only said they were working on a game.