By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Thoughts on Sony's Press Conference

move in bioshock was a surprise, vita's price i expected but surprised none-the-less, overall content was good but yet again sony's presentation skills really sucked.

6/10

Around the Network

The absence of Socery is surprising since it it was THE Move title last year.

The price for PS Vita is another big surprise. Based on games announced, I wonder which title would be the flagship tile for launch in Japan? There is complete lack of established IP in Japan for PS Vita. Also, Uncharted on Vita looks good but does anyone really want to use the touch control?

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

People seem to forget that Sony announces crap all the time, just last week HOTOverkill special edition, so this E3 looks a little underwhelming, thats ok, Sony announces things all year round

PS.Blog confirmed 2011 release for Medieval Moves: Deadmund’s Quest.

And Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiidge Racer is another game in montage for PSVita confirmed by Namco.

It was good, not like the MS one, that's for sure.

Around the Network

Well like past years it was a solid conference. Thought the Uncharted 3 demonstration was good, although I think they could have chosen a better action sequence. The new Sly game was nice to see, and although I was happy to see Dust 514, I wasn't happy to see it only on PS3 as I would want to play it on Xlive, but I won't take away from them for that. I also liked the pricetag for the Vita. Was also good to see that they were able to get a lot of big games to use Move and kept up their EA exclusive things. Also ICO collection in September.

Wasn't a big fan of much shown for the Vita for various reasons but I did like the price. Again, none of the Move only games seemed that great. Obviously a large focus of the show was on those two things and Sony just underimpressed to me, although it wasn't dreadful like MS's Kinect showing so kudos there.

Overall, I'd say a 7/10. Solid show, lots of content, but I do think they could have actually taken some of that out and still would have been fine. Also some more "original" games for the Vita and showing off its unique features (not touchscreen haha) would have benefited them as well. And then, obviously, just some kind of huge announcement for the PS3 would have been nice.

Michael-5 said:
archbrix said:
Uncharted 3 looked great. Bioshock Infinite looked AMAZING, and Ken Levine was present to say it will support the Move (woo-hoo!), PS Vita is only $249, and it will have a Bioshock game.

Great conference.

They never said they were working on a Bioshock game for PS Vita. They only said they were working on a game.

He didn't say it was the next Bioshock game and referred to it as a pet project, but he specifically stated it was set in the Bioshock universe, which got me excited.

When I saw Uncharted 3's water as the boat was moving, I was like " this can't be real time".

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

I was expecting something about Heavenly Sword 2... but nothing,

pitzy272 said:

Exclusive content for Battlefield 3

OT: I only just got to hear about their conference, but I was stoked when I read everything. Really surprised everyone's disappointed, I was expecting the opposite. Oh well. I loved the R3 gameplay, was incredibly impressed by the low Vita price (although the name isn't my favorite), pumped about Ico collection announcement, intrigued by new Move game (although only ONE game for Move?? Really??? Support your new hardware Sony!!!), then skipped trailers for Uncharted 3 and inFAMOUS (games are too good - wanna be totally surprised).

I took that as only being having battlefield 1942 as well on the disc.  they didn't mention anything else

but dissapointed here as well.  basically we just saw stuff we already knew just new gameplay or trailer.s  i think what 2 new ps3 games.  sly and dust?  and one was a cg trailer that shows shit.

as for psv it seems like just a play your ps3 games on the go.  again answer me this.  how does this work. do i have to buy a ps3 version of the game AND a psv version of same game?

as for price, everyone was going "nintendo won" with 3ds price announcement and then look now.  and holiday is far away, 3ds could easily drop price and its not so competitive anymore.  cause more 3ds games shoudl be coming out, and where is psv's 3rd party support?