By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Has Microsoft already lost E3?

Has Microsoft already lost E3?

Yes 348 82.08%

No 76 17.92%

Total:424

Yes and no, they had an awful conference, but they did announce Halo 4, which is the best game announced at this show so far. Sony didn't have a single good surprise game (or even mediocre) even though they had a better conference and the only other surprised game i seen so far that is triple A is Far Cry 3, which yeah Halo 4 looks better than.

Around the Network

I just checked Xbox live and saw the shitload of content they posted. Damn...Age of Empires Online, Fruit ninja Kinect, new Trails game, Minecraft, New Toy Soldiers, Halo Anniversary, insanely wtisted pixel planet, Metro 2033 sequel, Power Up Heroes...all look really good. Sure if you only do FPS games its not a good lineup but for people that like variety, this is amazing...

Microsoft could have easily blabbed on about games games games with montages and demos like Sony for an hour if they wanted to.

disolitude said:

I just checked Xbox live and saw the shitload of content they posted. Damn...Age of Empires Online, Fruit ninja Kinect, new Trails game, Minecraft, New Toy Soldiers, Halo Anniversary, insanely wtisted pixel planet, Metro 2033 sequel, Power Up Heroes...all look really good. Sure if you only do FPS games its not a good lineup but for people that like variety, this is amazing...

Microsoft could have easily blabbed on about games games games with montages and demos like Sony for an hour if they wanted to.

So they actually announced quite a bit more then what was shown?

First of all I judge console vs console at E3.

So it is 360 vs PS3 vs Wii/Cafe

I cant say that Sony did anything at all with PS3. What they showed Infamous 2, Resistance 3, and Uncharted 3 and they got the lions share of the attention and we have seen them plenty already. They announced Sly 4 and I think a Star Trek game. I assume some Move games as well, but no one seems to even paying any attention to them. Very little was done for PSN and PS3 overall.

360 showed of course the games coming out this year. Couple ofOfficially unveiled HaloCE Remake and Halo 4. Some high profile future titles were showcased. Kinect Sports 2, Dance Central 2, Kinect Star Wars (we all new that was going to be hated on simply because it was Kinect and that concept video was acted out last year). They also then showed huge additions and improvements to Xbox Live and the Xbox Dashboard. Additional announcements and exclusive games continued after the press conferences like additional XBLA titles, Xbox save to cloud features, UBI Kinect exclusives and more.

Wii/Cafe well havent shown anything yet.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

it was kinda lackluster...so yeah...

Around the Network

I actually thought they were going to do worse than they did.

I give MS a C+

and Sony an A-

Yah I think as others pointed out Microsoft was doomed to loose this E3. Nintendo launching a new home console and Sony a new handheld alongside various high profile titles. Microsoft could have stood a chance against Sony with some new IP's and bringing back some old ones. Now If I had seen Halo4, Banjo-Threeie, Conker , Gears3 (More) and or some other great games then in my books they could have held their own against Sony.

But I think Microsoft knew they were going to loose. I mean that Halo4 trailer was so short and the emphasis on hardcore properties was almost non-existant.

I think Nintendo will steal the show tomorow when they unviel their new home console. Sony will have a good second place showing. But Microsoft's show was barely better then Nintendo's show in 2008. I'd say it goes down as one of the worst showings in recent memory! Nothing too good was announced and all the emphasis on Kinect, ruined Microsoft's ability to really conquer or compete at E3 this year!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

S.T.A.G.E. said:
wholikeswood said:
Pretty horrible conference from Microsoft - no megatons or "wow" factor at all.

Megatons from Microsoft= stealing sonys third party exclusives.

Sony's megaton answer=developing and releasing tons of 1st party exclusives.

Isn't competition wonderful?   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Indubitably. Unless Project Cafe is some Virtual Boy-esque laughing stock.

I think most of us on here are too old and too young to enjoy this type of showing. Put your mindset as if you were 15 years younger or 30 years older, then judge it. I did just that and enjoyed it. Disneyland at home... HELL YES!! M$ already won E3.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence