By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rumor: Domains reveal new Fable, Dance Central and Kinect Sports

Joystiq

The announcement of sequels and spin-offs has become too routine to incur huge gasps of disbelief at E3's trio of biggest press conferences. A real surprise, then, would be in those titles staying under wraps until the very last moment. "Spoiler," says the internet, "but that's not happening while I'm around. Check out these domain registrations."

As highlighted by Superannuation, the following Microsoft titles have been linked to internet domain registrars: Fable The Journey, which may be a new jaunt across the land of Albion, Kinect Fun Labs (first mentioned amongst other leaked Microsoft titles), and a pair of body-driven sequels, Dance Central 2 andKinect Sports Season 2. 

Without the presence of a convenient "Kinect" in the title, it's difficult to say whether or not Fable: The Journey (colon assumed) is part of Microsoft's camera-sensitive lineup. The franchise has enduredexperiments with Kinect before, and it's not exactly difficult to imagine Peter Molyneux pitching it as the best, most amazing, mind-blowing way to experience a hero's life ever. You might already be envisioning it as a spirited on-the-spot march through the streets of Bowerstone, over the surrounding hills and acrossMilo's unmarked grave.

Around the Network

Another Fable? Good to hear about DC2 , wanna see it in action with some funky muzik at E3 :D

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

M.U.G.E.N said:
Another Fable? Good to hear about DC2 , wanna see it in action with some funky muzik at E3 :D

There've been three Fable games in eight years, so I'm not sure why you're acting like there's been a ton. I doubt this is accurate anyway. I do believe Molyneux has stated their next project would not be Fable.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

themanwithnoname said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

There've been three Fable games in eight years, so I'm not sure why you're acting like there's been a ton. I doubt this is accurate anyway. I do believe Molyneux has stated their next project would not be Fable.

ugh not sure where you get this 'acting like there's been a ton' from..the last fable was criticized a lot for various things iirc last year. I was expecting them to go with a new project this time around, if this is the only they have it would be kind of boring. they are one MS's main studioes so they should be used to add a bit more variety to the line up. just my personal opinion on it. Either way we will know for sure in a bit

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

uhh... not another fable. I was hoping for a new ip from lionhead.

Around the Network

I doubt another Fable is in the works....

yo_john117 said:

Why? It could be possible that another one is around the corner. I hope they make it harder, and better to micromanage property. 

Acevil said:
yo_john117 said:

Why? It could be possible that another one is around the corner. I hope they make it harder, and better to micromanage property. 

Well it just doesn't seem very likely.

Actually to rephrase it wouldn't surprise me another Fable is in the works but I doubt it will be announced at this E3.

Fable is not a yearly release so I don't expect it anytime soon.

I will be severely dissapointed if its another fable from Lionhead!!

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuu- typed a long ass post and pressed reset!

SIGH, guess I'll have to dumb it down.

Bring another fable if;

*Health bar is back
*Potions are back
*No unlimited mana, mages are too OP
*More quests
*Less niché storyline
*Actually more kingdom management
*More weapons
*Leave sanctuary, as I thought it was a tad bit better and easier to manage.
*More regions

And maybe fill up the damn gap between Fable 1 and Fable 2, 500 years, I mean something interesting must have happened then.. right? RIGHT!?

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.