By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New SSX gameplay footage - SSX Tricky might be back!

Tagged games:

milkyjoe said:
Well this looks a lot better. Does this mean they've dropped the nonsense from the debut trailer and gone back to the roots?

I think it's still there in a mode of its own, but I don't really know.

Around the Network
trent44 said:
Only thing that really bugs me is the VERY noticeable slowdown during the deformation. Hopefully they can get it up to full speed before the game launches.

Otherwise it is looking fairly interesting; I hope each character has different styles and aptitudes like SSX Tricky did. SSX 3 was a little lame that all the characters were essentially the same besides skins.

Maybe they are trying to have some slow-motion effect? 

Anyway its still pre-alpha so no worries.

yeah...SSX is back...definatly looking forward to it!

Look at meltdowns here:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=121206

naznatips said:
wfz said:
It looks extremely overblown and over-the-top.

I don't really like it... = I was hoping it would be a bit more realistic in the physics department.

Get out you horrible person! Go play Shawn White or something. Don't corrupt SSX with your awful ideas of realism. 

Well I was extremely happy with SSX Blur on the Wii. I'm not saying I want realism, I wanted "a bit more." If you say you wanted to have a bit more cake, do you take a huge piece? :P

This is just a little too over-the-top for me. Speaking of SSX Blur, the way you turned with the nunchuck twist + the analog was so fluid and amazing. I still absolutely LOVE those slalom parts. It really made me feel like I was digging my feet in and turning that board.

EDIT: As for the announcer in this game, the first thing that INSTANTLY sprung to mind were the Pit-Stop coaches in all of those goddamn NASCAR games. The instant the trailer was over, I turned to my brother and friend and i said: "Doesn't that announcer remind you of the NASCA--" and their replies were: "I was just thinking the same thing. How retardedly lame."

Just throwin' it out there.

Around the Network

Wow. That just impressed the hell out of me.

This wasn't on my radar before, but now, I just might have to go out and buy this when it releases.

SSX was my first PS2 game, so I'm really glad they're bringing this series back. And honestly I'm getting tired of car racing games.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

SSX was my first PS2 game, so I'm really glad they're bringing this series back. And honestly I'm getting tired of car racing games.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

And I completely forgot about adding this sooner, but I've added the Mac reveal trailer to the OP. It looks pretty awesome too!