By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Do folks STILL think Rock Band is a flop?

This game will have great legs .Great game after what I have heard ,and with the downloadable content it will get better and better .It will sell for all 2008 you will see .

Around the Network
rocketpig said:
Bodhesatva said:

Why play Ninja Gaiden when you could learn to use a sword yourself?

Why play Tekken when you could learn Karate and actually kick ass yourself?

Why play Gran Turismo when you could just drive in real life?

Why play Final Fantasy when you could just be homoerotic in real life?

*slow golf clap*

*pats Rocketpig's back a bit too enthusiastically*

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Bodhesatva said:

Absolutely not a flop -- anyone who thinks so at this point is being delusional. At the very least this game will get close to a million on the 360 (that is, if the legs its growing die suddenly and unexpectedly) but is much more likely to go on and sell 1 million+ in its first iteration.

I can't wait to see how the Wii version does, and I'm interested to see if/how they'll incorporate the Wii remote.

I don't think it is a flop honestly. Given the price of the game, and how well it has done so far it would be hard to ever call it a flop at this point, but as I said, I do think its legs could very well vanish early next year. 

I am not trying to make a prediction or anything, just saying that some people get a bit too cought up in holiday numbers and start thinking that this is normal when it truly isn't.  RB is the type of game you buy for X-mas and is at a price point that is a lot easier to swallow at X-mas, sales will likely be slow during the winter months at least until the Wii release which will probably be a nice boost for all RB sales.

To Each Man, Responsibility

The price point means that it'll likely have strong legs because this is not a game that you can simply rush out and get immediately. Its a game that has good word of mouth and is sufficiently different from GH to warrant to appeal to the audience that already owns GH. Couple in some fun multiplayer and you have a game that should have good legs during the year and a strong second holiday.

Debating with fanboys, its not
all that dissimilar to banging ones
head against a wall 

all of my mates and my brother learned instruments for real and they're all in Bands for real - so much more rewarding than Rock Band / GH type games.

Whatever happened to the world?

Those people that think they're perfect give a bad reputation to us who are... 

"With the DS, it's fair to say that Nintendo stepped out of the technical race and went for a feature differentiation with the touch screen, but I fear that it won't have a lasting impact beyond that of a gimmick - so the long-lasting appeal of the platform is at peril as a direct result of that." - Phil Harrison, Sony

Around the Network

Rock Band I doubt can ever sell consoles. It can only sell well at the holidays. It's the kind of thing you get for XMAS or birthday as your big present,  not something to go with your console.

Guitar Hero is cheap enough to buy casually. That's why I think GH will easily beat Rock Band, even though RB is probably very fun if you have a party going. 

Rock Band, a flop? It recieved higher reviews on Game Rankings, than any Guitar Hero game. What does that tell you?

I just played this game for 14 hours straight. I can't even describe how crazy-addictive it is.

Damn you, Harmonix. Damn you to Hell.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Not a flop in any way, but I do think recent sales have been mostly because of Christmas presents. We'll see in the new year.

X360 version is doing good with 500k+ sold already and keeping strong legs... The PS3 version however, is indeed a flop! Not even at 150k pfff...

THE NETHERLANDS