By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - MGS3 trailer for 3DS from Konami Pre_E3 show

thekitchensink said:

Anyone else notice the elephant in the room?

...er, the dinosaur in the room, I mean?

Smash Bros 3DS it is then.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network
Roma said:

Well the trailer seems to be the game from PS2 and not a full remake of it as previously shown last E3 which is disappointing!

WTF!! 

It is not allowing me to edit so I can post the video lol!! Here is a link

http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/33793

Yes, it looks really bad now in comparison to the first video...

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

MGS3DS newest trailer

Meh,  a bit disapointing, but I'll get it nonetheless

This is great news, actually. I was going to use MSG 3DS as an introduction to the MGS series and go from there. Them turning it into a shitty third rate straight-up PS2 port and pulling a RE4 (kill it before it releases) means less money wasted on inferior 3rd party efforts. So it saves me the effort of not only not having to buy this game, but any Metal Gear game. 

Not surprising. Kojima has never put any effort into anything on a Nintendo console. 

More money to spend on a Nintendo made game. 

Hilariously, Konami will use the fact that this game bombs as a reason to not support the 3DS. 

Around the Network
cAPSLOCK said:

This is great news, actually. I was going to use MSG 3DS as an introduction to the MGS series and go from there. Them turning it into a shitty third rate straight-up PS2 port and pulling a RE4 (kill it before it releases) means less money wasted on inferior 3rd party efforts. So it saves me the effort of not only not having to buy this game, but any Metal Gear game. 

Not surprising. Kojima has never put any effort into anything on a Nintendo console. 

More money to spend on a Nintendo made game. 

Hilariously, Konami will use the fact that this game bombs as a reason to not support the 3DS. 

Agree

For me I was going to buy this but looking at how they treated it I will not. I do not like to be showed something and then given something ells. WTF Konami! I hope you do not become the new Ubisoft!  

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

This is indeed disappointing news if true, and with the announcement of an HD remake could be a troubling indication that nothing has changed for Nintendo.

I hope E3 proves us all wrong, for all I know this could still turn out to be a simple misunderstanding...

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

Hold the fucking phone. In my opinion Konami have had a less than successful year, primarily because of the bad sales for Castlevania, but they also had great sales for Peace Walker. That tells me one thing, MGS is their bread and butter. So you tell me why on earth Konami releasing the MGS back catalogue, and the SH bc, isn't a prudish and reasonable business decision to make?

I wouldn't say anything until we find out some more information, and we definitely shouldn't jump the gun until someones actually played the damn game next week.

And btw, Konami are releasing 5 games, out of 12, in this next fin. year for the 3DS. http://www.konami.co.jp/en/ir/ir-data/meeting/2011/0512.pdf (page 7)

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Looks cool. LOL at Yoshi.