By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii price cut starting to take effect?

GFK Chart-track are reporting that sales of Wii Sports Resort and Mario Kart Wii are both up around 145% this week on the back of the recent hardware price drop.  This should put Wii sales in the UK at around 15,000 this week (up from between 6,000 and 7,000 last week).  Similar growth around Europe would see sales of over 100,000, though it remains to be seen whether such growth is peculiar to the UK this week.

Around the Network

I wonder when they'll cut the price in Japan. It still costs 20000 Yen and that WITHOUT a pack-in game. :/ (Not that it would affect me, I already have one...)

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

manuel said:

I wonder when they'll cut the price in Japan. It still costs 20000 Yen and that WITHOUT a pack-in game. :/ (Not that it would affect me, I already have one...)

The lack of a price cut in Japan does seem strange given how much it is struggling there at the moment.  The software on the horizon in that region doesn't seem likely to alter the situation, either.

Well it's £89 at tesco direct this week.

Is it price cut effect or effect of diffrent bundled games?

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network
Zlejedi said:

Is it price cut effect or effect of diffrent bundled games?

Well in the UK WSR has been a bundle option for quite a while, while you could get a Mario Kart bundle over Xmas.  I'm pretty sure it's the price.

I dunno about you, but here in the UK there's a price cut EVERY DAMN AD BREAK, advertising a different game. I've seen Wii Fit, Mario Kart, Wii Sports, Just Dance, Galaxy, Brawl, Kirby, Monster Hunter, Nintendo Selects titles...and many others

And, of course, the price just keeps on tumbling. 100k in EMEAA seems optimistic, I expect to see growth, if any, for the current week. That's when the ads started.

I see maybe 150k tis week WW, and the same next. A JP price cut and bundled game would put it above 3DS over there I reckon. 

Without SW, it ain't getting any higher.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:

I dunno about you, but here in the UK there's a price cut EVERY DAMN AD BREAK, advertising a different game. I've seen Wii Fit, Mario Kart, Wii Sports, Just Dance, Galaxy, Brawl, Kirby, Monster Hunter, Nintendo Selects titles...and many others

And, of course, the price just keeps on tumbling. 100k in EMEAA seems optimistic, I expect to see growth, if any, for the current week. That's when the ads started.

I see maybe 150k tis week WW, and the same next. A JP price cut and bundled game would put it above 3DS over there I reckon. 

I did hear that Nintendo UK would be running its biggest TV ad campaign for the Wii outside of the Xmas period for the four weeks following the price cut.  That said, I'm in the UK too and I haven't seen many ads at all . 

I have seen absolutely nothing in France. But I don't watch much TV.

Conegamer said:

Wasn't far shy in the end, though.