By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Vgchartz ranking game -- Super Mario Galaxy 2!

Marco hasn't been online since that post. I highly doubt he'll reconnect in a couple of hours lol

And I'll be a big ass bitch but this post says it all....

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=2683723

I mean...

Around the Network
Boutros said:

Marco hasn't been online since that post. I highly doubt he'll reconnect in a couple of hours lol

And I'll be a big ass bitch but this post says it all....

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=2683723

I mean...

That was before the rule that you have to go into great detail  as to why you scored so low appeared.

The good:

I'm a great Mario fan and it's great that Yoshi and Luigi are playable. The soundtrack is also cool and the game has some humorous dialogues

The Bad:

However after all these years it still has this weak story. I wish Nintendo could finally do something about this.

The graphics are also a bit disappointing, even for a wii game. It's great that with the new HD machine Ninty has the opportunity to make some Pixar like game.

My major complaint about the game though is that the gameplay is too easy and then it even dares having a feature with which you can skip parts. Level bosses weren't challenging enough and even felt a little boring like the first hours of Heavy Rain.

Nintendo once again made a good Jump 'n Run, but dumbed the difficulty and challenges down. There are hardly any improvents of the first Galaxy and I hope SMG3 will be a worthy successor to the first. 

Score: 5,2 

I played the hell out of this game at my friends house because I don't own a Wii. But after beating the game with my friend I have to say this:

It was way too kidish. Mario stories should grow up a bit. It was actually less changeling than most Mario games which is really dissapointing.

The contorls felt a bit tacky and hard to get used too.

Doesn't bring the feeling other Mario games bring.

It was more like a degrade on Super Mario galaxy

But despite that the camera angle was better than most Wii games. Once you get used to the controls it becomes a lot more fun. So I would give this game a 7.1/10. If only the story was better and didn't feel exactly like super Mario Galaxy 1 it would have gotten a 9/10 from me.

So 7.1/10

^^ I smell something fishy

Around the Network
yo_john117 said:
Marco said:

5,2 points

good is:

its mario ^^

Yoshi & Luigi playable : )

soundtrack

funny dialogues, but..

- ..very weak story

- graphics is a little bit disappointing

- gameplay is too easy

- level bosses boring

Nintendo once again staged a good Jump'n Run, but it lacks the challenges and hardly any development visible. Part 3 will hopefully be a worthy successor to Part 1

Ok from now on if you rate a game this low I want actual details...way more then you have right now (like 4-5 times as much and that goes for anyone with ultra low scores) So you have a couple hours to edit your post before I rank this thread or your score won't be counted.

what? doesnt that mean you have to go back and adjust scores for other games.

there were tons of low scores for other games with little to no substance

osamanobama said:
yo_john117 said:
Marco said:

5,2 points

good is:

its mario ^^

soundtrack

funny dialogues, but..

- ..very weak story

- gameplay is too easy

- level bosses boring

Nintendo once again staged a good Jump'n Run, but it lacks the challenges and hardly any development visible. Part 3 will hopefully be a worthy successor to Part 1

Ok from now on if you rate a game this low I want actual details...way more then you have right now (like 4-5 times as much and that goes for anyone with ultra low scores) So you have a couple hours to edit your post before I rank this thread or your score won't be counted.

Well this has been the rule for a while, I'm just being a bit stricter now....

miz1q2w3e said:

^^ I smell something fishy

And what would that be? 

yo_john117 said:
osamanobama said:
yo_john117 said:
Marco said:

5,2 points

good is:

its mario ^^

soundtrack

funny dialogues, but..

- ..very weak story

- gameplay is too easy

- level bosses boring

only because a bunch of Nintendo fans wanted a higher score, so they complained.

there were a lot of really low KZ scores with little to no reasons. (believe me, do i think KZ deserves a higher score, and i was plenty mad at scores i thought were total BS, but i didnt complain nor did others)

also if this isnt a rule, there should be a rule to force people to have highly detailed high scores as well, or else this contest just becomes a circle jerk.

osamanobama said:
yo_john117 said:
osamanobama said:
yo_john117 said:
Marco said:

5,2 points

good is:

its mario ^^

soundtrack

funny dialogues, but..

- ..very weak story

- gameplay is too easy

- level bosses boring

only because a bunch of Nintendo fans wanted a higher score, so they complained.

there were a lot of really low KZ scores with little to no reasons. (believe me, do i think KZ deserves a higher score, and i was plenty mad at scores i thought were total BS, but i didnt complain nor did others)

also if this isnt a rule, there should be a rule to force people to have highly detailed high scores as well, or else this contest just becomes a circle jerk.

Yeah but the i've never had an issue with low scores for games lately because the people that posted low scores backed them up with a pretty hefty solid review...Marco on the other hand is half assed and pretty damn short for that score....now I was willing to let it slide but the majority spoke so i'm going to be much stricter from now on.